• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokkerkory

kaebadread_zps014fabca.jpg

Quinton Patton (No 11) is wide open on that play and should have been who Colin targeted.

Patton easily would have gotten to around the 12 and could have gone out of bounds.

Instead, Colin had his mind made up that he was going to throw the ball to Crabtree before the ball was snapped.

This is why Kap is very inconsistent as a pocket passer, he locks onto his target before the play is started and doesn't look elsewhere. Yep, watch the after game interview and he even says he was locked onto Crab no matter what.

Kap needs to grow big time, he has talent but often makes mental mistakes.

As for the Crab vs Sherman controversy... it was Crab that started it in the off season and pushed Sherman in the face after Sherman gave him a pat on the butt for good game. Crab deserves it and will be reminded of that play for rest of the off season. Crab is talented too but again, mentality is lacking.

I just feel for Bowman, what a great player to go out like that. :(

mkenyon

Banned
It'll be the toughest division for sure with Rams upping their game. They already have a good defense, just need their O to catch up.

It'll still be SEA and SF on top me thinks, tho that depends on the schedule.
I'm not too confident. Suppose it all comes down to what happens with rosters in the off season.

Rams and Cards both looked great this year. I think the Rams would've easily taken the NFC North or East. They're just going to get better too.

I'm thinking NFC West is going to get even tougher next year. Not going to be easy for anyone to have a comfortable seed with those 4 teams battling it out.

NFC West is playing the AFC West next year. 3 playoff team division vs. shoulda-been 3 playoff team division. It should be awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL makes the season opener Broncos at Seahawks.

Did Welker initiate contact or was he running a route and ran into the receiver? That's the rule. It's only a flag if the offensive player initiates contact.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-wes-welker-intentionally-took-out-aqib-1504982800
There's video of the play at that link. I think he initiated but it's hard to tell, I guess that's why it's such a tricky call for the refs and why the Broncos use it so much.

Hmmm yeah fast enough though that it's understandable if the refs missed it I guess. I still doubt it was with the intent to take him out of the game..

I agree, I was more wondering about the legality of the play.

mkenyon

Banned
The way the 12th man works now (as opposed to the glory days of 2004-2006), is that everyone takes a break making tons of noise in between each play. Both Manning and Brady always get the team to the line and get things going before the crowd can even step in. Would be fun to watch though.

Afrikan

Thing that's killing me is people trying to make Crabs out to be an angel that big bad bully Sherm just randomly targetted.

This is the same dude that held out into the regular season as a rookie because the standard #10 pick contract wasn't good enough for him, and the same dude that went on Twitter after the game to keep talking shit.

you're so full of it dude... that's Sherm's brother. "he tried to fight him because Sherm tried to shake his hand"? really.... and he waited all this time to mention it? No twitter comment as soon as it supposedly happened like "Crabtree ran his mouth today, we'll see this coming season" ?

no, none of that for a reason... for those charity events there are press there... someone would've tried to record that shit or just tried reporting it.

This league has a way of policing its self...so real folks will see right through that shit, and Sherm will deal with it again like he did before.

it's not a coincidence that Sherm (and his blind defenders like yourself) get in these types of situations then point the finger....Sherm went out of his way to chase Crabtree down, like he did Harbaugh last year, and slapped him on his ass.

Like I've said before I don't mind talking shit or showing emotions...but when you are reaching for issues that are not really there (what did Crabtree say during the week that was so bad?) to make excuses for your actions...that's bitch mode shit in front of the camera. I'm sure Sherman didn't expect for Redskins dude to react like that...but that's going to happen from real dudes. Crabtree said it himself after the game, "Sherm is a TV Guy, I'm not".....like I said you'll see what happens to his 6'3 skinny frame next season. And other bitches who act like him in real life will deal with the same shit, only to not have cameras, teammates, and a stadium full of people from preventing them from getting merked on the spot.

rokkerkory

NFC West is playing the AFC West next year. 3 playoff team division vs. shoulda-been 3 playoff team division. It should be awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL makes the season opener Broncos at Seahawks.

I am not really familiar with scheduling rules and timing, is it out for next year already?

LJ11

Oh my, Boldin split the two second level defenders and had the outside corner smoked.

Fuck I'm pissed off again.

you'll be pissed a lot because the seam was there repeatedly. going to go back and watch at some point, really interested in seeing the safeties.

eznark

Banned
After the Packers and Saints maybe he just couldn't adjust to a cover 3.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-wes-welker-intentionally-took-out-aqib-1504982800
There's video of the play at that link. I think he initiated but it's hard to tell, I guess that's why it's such a tricky call for the refs and why the Broncos use it so much.

Yeah, it's why you generally will see it called more often on wide receiver screens as the other receivers just go out and block instead of running routes. It's tougher to catch on the picks/rubs.

But the Patriots use those crossing rubs more than anyone in football so their complaints are fucking absurd.

Doomsayer

you'll be pissed a lot because the seam was there repeatedly. going to go back and watch at some point, really interested in seeing the safeties.

After the Packers and Saints maybe he just couldn't adjust to a cover 3.

I seen a few wide open receivers but it seemed the game plan was to let Kaep run early and often and put it in the Seahawks head that he was going to take off. They didn't bite, we should've continued to use Kaeps legs.

One thing that really upset me was the fumble - you have to feel that pressure and use your athleticism to get out of the pocket and run.

you're so full of it dude... that's Sherm's brother. "he tried to fight him because Sherm tried to shake his hand"? really.... and he waited all this time to mention it? No twitter comment as soon as it supposedly happened like "Crabtree ran his mouth today, we'll see this coming season" ?

no, none of that for a reason... for those charity events there are press there... someone would've tried to record that shit or just tried reporting it.

This league has a way of policing its self...so real folks will see right through that shit, and Sherm will deal with it again like he did before.

it's not a coincidence that Sherm (and his blind defenders like yourself) get in these types of situations then point the finger....Sherm went out of his way to chase Crabtree down, like he did Harbaugh last year, and slapped him on his ass.

Like I've said before I don't mind talking shit or showing emotions...but when you are reaching for issues that are not really there (what did Crabtree say during the week that was so bad?) to make excuses for your actions...that's bitch mode shit in front of the camera. I'm sure Sherman didn't expect for Redskins dude to react like that...but that's going to happen from real dudes. Crabtree said it himself after the game, "Sherm is a TV Guy, I'm not".....like I said you'll see what happens to his 6'3 skinny frame next season. And other bitches who act like him in real life will deal with the same shit, only to not have cameras, teammates, and a stadium full of people from preventing them from getting merked on the spot.

As far as those charity events, Incognito sexually harassed a female attendant in 2012 and it didn't leak out until the whole bullying scandal, it's entirely possible that it happened and nobody reported it.

I'll save you the disappointment...nothing is going to happen to him.

Narag

The opponents list, and which games will be home and away are out, but the schedule of which games will be which weeks is not determined yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307352/article/opponents-set-for-2014-nfl-season

Indianapolis Colts
Home: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

10-6 wildcard team!

Greg

I think the bitches in this situation are the people who get worked up over his comments enough to say things like "you'll see what happens to his 6'3 skinny frame next season"

it's a game man

As if you needed any more proof, football runs America

Sunday’s two conference championship games drew massive TV ratings, with both the AFC Championship Game and the NFC Championship Game drawing more viewers than a year ago.

According to the NFL, the Patriots-Broncos AFC Championship Game had 51.3 million viewers on CBS, while the 49ers-Seahawks NFC Championship Game had 55.9 million viewers on FOX.

That’s a significant increase from last year, when the Ravens-Patriots AFC Championship Game drew 47.7 million viewers on CBS, while 49ers-Falcons in the NFC Championship Game drew 42.0 million viewers on FOX.

GoodellMoneyDive.gif

rokkerkory

Indianapolis Colts
Home: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

10-6 wildcard team!

yeah sounds like a 10-6 season right there maybe 11-5 with harrison back and hilton maturing

Narag

I think the bitches in this situation are the people who get worked up over his comments enough to say things like "you'll see what happens to his 6'3 skinny frame next season"

it's a game man

"And other bitches who act like him in real life will deal with the same shit, only to not have cameras, teammates, and a stadium full of people from preventing them from getting merked on the spot."

That's the line you should have used.

yeah sounds like a 10-6 season right there maybe 11-5 with harrison back and hilton maturing

YMgGhBm.jpg

it's a game man

Yep. Comments are a lot uglier than Sherman's. Some of that nice 9ers "class." Gonna be hilarious when they regress again next year and lose their entire fanbase by their second year in their shiny new stadium

rokkerkory

"And other bitches who act like him in real life will deal with the same shit, only to not have cameras, teammates, and a stadium full of people from preventing them from getting merked on the spot."

That's the line you should have used.

YMgGhBm.jpg

Holy crap I meant Wayne WTF need coffee lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom