• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

The guy was covered. A smarter qb would have checked down or thrown it away. They still had timeouts available. He is also fast as fuck and could have ran even if he didn't have two guys who were wide open...

It was an all or nothing play. If he makes that he is a legend but he didn't and now we are talking about dumb he is.

Jesus why do sports fans have to defend everything? Seahawk fans are trying to defend Sherman (who I love) when they interviewed after one or two too many Adderall. Niner fans are trying to make it seem like the INT that ended their season was somehow the right call..

Call it on the real folks and less people will piss on you.

I don't agree necessarily. Plays need to be made and you have to trust your guys. You're not throwing to wide open guys most of the time, especially against a team like the Seahawks. Sherman is a good defender but he's not infallible; and Crabtree had a real play on a ball further to the sideline.

It didn't work out but those are the kinds of throws that win SBs. If he checked down, the game winning throw still has to be made eventually.

I'm not defending anything. It's veritably not the "right" call, cuz the execution wasn't there.

cdyhybrid

it's because the seahawks are relevant.
I think it's funny how worked up folks get about him. like eznark's apprentice or something.

I mean, I can just stop with the arguing and be all sunshine and rainbows if that's what people want. I'm being serious.

Are you asking if I'm Sherman or presenting a counterpoint? If it's the latter, I won't argue, and I would never fault someone for hating him. I'm just struggling with understanding why I'm getting so much shit for doing the same to someone on the other team.

Talon

The times I've seen Sherman beat is down the field, between the hashes. If you have space in all directions, you can take advantage of anyone.

Attacking him in the boundary seems unwise.

Nameless

Ah, alright. At least you're honest about it.

Sherm was being a dick. Yes. That's what he does. But he doesn't do it to everyone. He does it to people that he has beef with. He doesn't have beef with random people for no reason. That's all I'm saying.

I really don't have a problem with what Sherm did. I just think the series of events is funny & telling.

-Start shit with a guy you don't like in a trolling/patronizing manner
-Guy responds with physical aggression.
-You don't respond with anger or physical aggression in the moment. You don't posture up, tell him how shitty it is or anything...you bitch at the refs to resolve a conflict you started.
-5mins later you rage like the Macho Man after someone knocked down Miss Elizabeth and act big & bad for the cameras.

Talented fuckin corner but Sherm is a punk pussy little twat of a person. And that's not salt, that's just being objective.

MechDX

The times I've seen Sherman beat is down the field, between the hashes. If you have space in all directions, you can take advantage of anyone.

Attacking him in the boundary seems unwise.

Or as squicken said yesterday: or you have a big, physical receiver. he has troubles with them

Spinluck

You sure it didn't have to do with your QB throwing 3 picks? Did the pats d not play shit? That's the most yards given up by a Belichick defense. Brady played mediocre, he'll be fine next year if they can get some continuity and maybe sign somebody who belongs in the league, not Austin Collie or a gimped Danny Amendola.

It's easy to stop a young QB who only has one weapon who's above average, a shit o-line, a shit defense on the other side of the ball, and no running game. Luck played like a Brent, but he didn't have much help.

This is why the Broncos and PeyPey rubbed their chode all over your defense. They distributed the ball to everyone on that offense, and each and every one of those receivers consistently got separation.

Luck would've probably gave you guys a fighting chance against the Broncos.

I mean, I can just stop with the arguing and be all sunshine and rainbows if that's what people want. I'm being serious.

No way keep up the battle of the three year old fanbases. I don't take any Hawks or Niners fans seriously anyway. I know you all are one losing season and a Phillip Rivers lucky win streak to the AFC championship away from being Chargers fans anyway

cdyhybrid

I really don't have a problem with what Sherm did. I just think the series of events is funny & telling.

-You don't respond with anger or physical aggression in the moment. You don't posture up, tell him how shitty it is or anything...you bitch at the refs to resolve a conflict you started.
-5mins later you rage like the Macho Man after someone knocked down Miss Elizabeth and act big & bad for the cameras.

Talented fuckin corner but Sherm is a punk pussy little twat of a person. And that's not salt, that's just being objective.

I just have a really hard time believing that Sherm flew off the handle like that just because Crabs shoved him in the face. The Redskins dude did the same thing last year and Sherm just waved at him. Him and Revis just exchanged snarky barbs on Twitter. He went after Brady because Brady told him to come see him after the game.

Same way it ended for the pats,
and jags.

At least our season ended due to a shit defense and o-line, and not my QB's career on the cusp of being over.

Our season ended because the defense sucked and no one on offense could do anything. We will get better. We comin' to yalls house next year.

linkboy

Son, this ain't Madden; he can't see the whole field at once. He had a 1on1 match up that he liked, and he took the shot.

He didn't see the entire field for two reasons

A) He already made his mind up that he was going to throw to Crabtree, no matter what

B) He has issues with his progressions.

As much as I hate to say it, if Alex was the QB, he throws to Patton instead of Crabtree.

Fantomex

You guys need to tone it down! We have ponies amongst us now.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It's easy to stop a young QB who only has one weapon who's above average, a shit o-line, a shit defense on the other side of the ball, and no running game. Luck played like a Brent, but he didn't have much help.

This is why the Broncos and PeyPey rubbed their chode all over your defense. They distributed the ball to everyone on that offense, and each and every one of those receivers consistently got separation.

Agreed. Luck was asked to do way too much on his own in that game which is what got him in trouble. The alternative (being conservative and punting 1000 times) would have ended up with a similar result so it's whatever. A good QB without a solid supporting cast will only get you so far.

Talon

I don't get Tom pretending to be some class act, when he's made his reputation on being a "competitor" on the field.

My favorite story is still him jawing with John Lynch all throughout a game back in '05 against Denver.

Nothing objective about it

Trey

He didn't see the entire field for two reasons

A) He already made his mind up that he was going to throw to Crabtree, no matter what

B) He has issues with his progressions.

As much as I hate to say it, if Alex was the QB, he throws to Patton instead of Crabtree.

A makes B redundant. And yes, A is true. He was throwing that ball because he liked Crabtree's chances against Sherman on a 60-40 ball. Biggest problem is that the throw gave Sherman the 60.

I still don't understand why teams/QBs try and hurry to the line and then take forever to get a play and snap the ball rather than using of their 3 timeouts or spiking the ball. You're not gonna need all 4 downs anyways, and they always end up burning more time than anticipated or running a hurried play like that last INT.

J-Rzez

Well at least the niners and kaep won't get to further soil the real Niners legacy in the Super Bowl. Last year was hard enough to watch that 5-0 go away. Manning would have torn them up and made it 5-2.

Kaep got to get his act together. He's a ground threat like Steve Young was with a stronger arm but that's about it because he's inaccurate and makes a LOT of shitty decisions. We'll keep losing as long as he remains the thug that he is.

At least he'll have some spare time to post more shitty e-thug pics to make fun of.

bionic77

Lol coming from you bionic, one of the bigger sensationlists in the thread. I hate homerism, and blatant disregard of logic, which is why I choose to ignore most comments in the thread now, it's just not worth getting into, because it's standard internet battles. I said it before, but emotion trumps logic in every scenario in this thread.
Me?

Dude I am always keeping it real.

MechDX

linkboy

$150,000 on Jacksonville

I still don't understand why teams/QBs try and hurry to the line and then take forever to get a play and snap the ball rather than using of their 3 timeouts or spiking the ball. You're not gonna need all 4 downs anyways, and they always end up burning more time than anticipated or running a hurried play like that last INT.

Well, in SF's case, they're usually out of timeouts in that situation, so I doubt they knew how to use them.

Afrikan

Sherm was being a dick. Yes. That's what he does. But he doesn't do it to everyone. He does it to people that he has beef with. He doesn't have beef with random people for no reason. That's all I'm saying.

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

its ok to be an asshole, but don't go pointing fingers afterwards when you get called for it.

he chased down Tom Brady...why? because he said Tom told him and Earl to see them after the game. But WHY would Brady do that... does Tom go looking for dudes to start shit? or do Sherm and Earl and other Seahawks defenders go looking for opposing players before the game on the field to talk shit?

he kept Revis' name coming out of his mouth until Revis had to respond

Redskins dude wasn't having it.

chased down Crabtree... what was so bad about what Crabtree said earlier this week? did you see the interview?

Again Richard likes to incite people to be able market himself. So yes he does search out people.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Lol you're so biased it's obsurd. The Pats oline has been a joke this year, and we have ONE weapon whose even in the same conversation as TY is Edelman, who has done nothing at all his whole career outside of punt returns. I agree they got slapped around, you're not seeing me argue that, the defense is decimated at this point, Mayo, Wilfork, Dennards knee, and finally Talib gone most of the game, even still Peytons arsenal is absurd... anybody would tear it up with that group. It's like I said I'd take a stacked team like that any day over calvin johnson, it just causes too many mismatches, and you're going to exploit someone.

So when Brady has no weapons, a below average o-line, and no continuity it's his fault, but with Andrew luck it's the o line and lack of weapons. You're not making me in the least bitter, Peyton is a beast, they were the better team, I typed it before the game, I told everyone I had the broncs by 10. The AFC was a joke, the pats were no different, they need to make some moves this offseason.

cdyhybrid

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

its ok to be an asshole, but don't go pointing fingers afterwards when you get called for it.

he chased down Tom Brady...why? because he said Tom told him and Earl to see them after the game. But WHY would Brady do that... does Tom go looking for dudes to start shit? or do Sherm and Earl and other Seahawks defenders go looking for opposing players before the game on the field to talk shit?

Sherm and Earl talk during the game. Lots of guys talk during the game. Brady talks during the game. You ever seen Phil Rivers play? It's part of the game. It's not that weird. Do they talk more than a lot of guys? Yeah, but they're far from the only ones doing it.

he kept Revis' name coming out of his mouth until Revis had to respond

Redskins dude wasn't having it.

chased down Crabtree... what was so bad about what Crabtree said earlier this week? did you see the interview?

Again Richard likes to incite people to be able market himself. So yes he does search out people.

There was nothing that bad about what Crabtree said, that's why I find it so hard to believe that that was all there was to it. If Sherm wanted to talk just to get attention he wouldn't need to scream into the mic like that, he could just post some shit on Twitter or something. There's clearly some bad blood between him and Crabs that goes beyond things that happened this week.

rokkerkory

I think you need to peel back the onion way before the game if you want to be objective.

I've seen Sherman talk crap and also give props as well. But he backs it up with on and off field play.

All this is really really just funny. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom