• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

jmdajr

And yet they STILL whoop the Jags and Pats.

The only hope I have for Thursday is the last time the defense got raosted (Rodgers) they came back the next week and destroyed Flacco. They have the potential to come out pissed and obliterate Stafford.

I just hope the OL holds and Matt doesn't get hurt. Radio been talking about the Lions "thug" defense. But hey, we've already taken out 3 QBs this season. Locker, Cutler, Gabbert.

squicken

I don't know, dude's defenses have been top 5 yardage wise and allowing 20 points and under (typically +/- 1 from 15) for damn near a decade.

Even with Polamalu out, and an old ass defense, the guy is still tops in the league yardage wise and 5th in the league in points allowed. And the defense has been one of the best in the league over the past 5 or so weeks.

The thing I have always struggled with on PITT and NYG is just the systems the organizations have had, and the personnel men who run them. Chuck Noll was a far greater evaluator of talent than a HC. Cowher is a great coach, but his real legacy might be the re-haul he did to the personnel department. If I could take anyone from the Giants recent run, it would be Jerry Reece. You could argue the same with George Young from the Parcells era

Look at what Wade Phillips has done in HOU as an example. He really didn't just take existing talent and make it great. He definitely helped the existing guys, but his big thing was advising them to take Watt and Reed, and addressing the secondary holes

eznark

Banned
According to ESPN.com:

"Colin Kaepernick had the best starting debut in terms of Total QBR by any player over the last five seasons, surpassing the performances of Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III, among others."

If only Flynn hadnt had to start that Patriots game!

Texans fans getting mouthy already.

Let me say this about the game, there is the possibility that the Texans win, but there is also the possibility that the Texans lose.

tumblr_mamogfk9IZ1qj1frco1_400.gif

MechDX

Texans fans getting mouthy already.

Let me say this about the game, there is the possibility that the Texans win, but there is also the possibility that the Texans lose.

tumblr_mamogfk9IZ1qj1frco1_400.gif

Thats why I love you Dutch! The only member of Pats Age I like. Gator doesnt count since he is a closet Jags fan.

I don't know, dude's defenses have been top 5 yardage wise and allowing 20 points and under (typically +/- 1 from 15) for damn near a decade.

Even with Polamalu out, and an old ass defense, the guy is still tops in the league yardage wise and 5th in the league in points allowed. And the defense has been one of the best in the league over the past 5 or so weeks.

Two things have certainly helped Dick this year, the improving play of Lewis at corner and finally benching Ryan Mundy in favor of the surprising Will Allen. It also helps that the play of the rest of the AFC isn't very good. Still, if Woodley and Harrison could just round into form, they could be back to being dangerous. Which they will certainly need now that the offense is pretty much in total disarray.

exarkun

Whatever happened to the alliance with lions-gaf from last season, texans-gaf?

Shits been doing good, but good can turn to better if we had their support again!

harSon

Banned
We're trying out Mike Kafka and Brian Hoyer?

Why not Vince Young or Garrard? There's a good chance Batch goes down with injury considering he's one of few people in the history of the league who are made of glass (Bob Sanders, Chad Pennington and Polamalu's lower body are the other victims of this unfortunate disease), and we're going to be confident with fucking Kafka or Hoyer? I know Young and Garrard aren't exactly cream of the crop at this point in their careers, but they can probably hold down the fort better than 2 QBs that no team has considered worthy of a starting position in this league, which is saying a lot considering Mark Sanchez is a start in this league.

Plus they can run, which is probably going to be needed as Adams continues to get punked on every other play.

Lebeau's defense needs linebackers and right now two of them are finished (Foote, Harrison) and one only shows up on occasion (Woodley).

eznark

Banned

Why not Vince Young or Garrard? There's a good chance Batch goes down with injury considering he's one of few people in the history of the league who are made of glass (Bob Sanders, Chad Pennington and Polamalu's lower body are the other victims of this unfortunate disease), and we're going to be confident with fucking Kafka or Hoyer? I know Young and Garrard aren't exactly cream of the crop at this point in their careers, but they can probably hold down the fort better than 2 QBs that no team has considered worthy of a starting position in this league, which is saying a lot considering Mark Sanchez is a start in this league.

Racism

Plus they can run, which is probably going to be needed as Adams continues to get punked on every other play.

But every Patriots beat writer said that Hoyer was starter material last year!

Whomever they pick is just a band-aid.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

NO!

Mainly for selfish reasons I never want to see Vince Young back in the league so I can continue to troll my friend. If Vince signed with the Steelers and then beat the Browns I might as well just quit football.

Top Bottom