• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Slo

Is it wrong that I am now going to take off American Thanksgiving every year from now on?

Last year I went to Detroit with my friend to see her fave team the Packers.

This year going to her place to have a faux thanksgiving dinner with a ton of people and to watch the 3 games.

Next year maybe I'll go back to Detroit to watch another game again.

Not at all, that's awesome.

Hell, one of my Co-workers invented a holiday in late spring called Fakesgiving. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and a backyard touch football game. Best idea ever.

Mr_eX

My fantasy team got 20 points below projections and I still managed to win. My 3 WRs and kicker combined got me 9.7 points.

jmdajr

Matt Forte didn't even come close to ruining my fantasy football lead. Heck David Akers (my kicker) actually made some good kicks! He's been slacking this year.

Anyone who thought the Bears were a good team (anyone?) is an idiot. Let me see, this is who they beat in order: Colts (Luck's first ever game), Rams, Cowboys, Jags, Lions, Panthers, and Titans. All except the Colts (err and I guess the Cowgirls) have a losing record right now.

Smokey

looks like i am a great predictor of the outcome of bears games. so bears bros here is the rest of your season:

vs. vikings (winning team) - loss
vs. seattle (winning team)- loss
@ vikings (winning team) - loss
vs packers (winning team) - loss
@ cardinals - win
@ lions - win

9-7 miss playoffs bob retreats and is never heard from again

LevelNth

Banned
he is absolutely right. it's not even stats, just the fact it took one game starting and already there is a controversy tells everyone what Jim thinks about Alex.
Again, not even remotely. This wasn't your average first career start. It might be one of the best in the last 10 years.

Not that Alex sets an ungodly high barometer or anything, but if Kap came out and played like he did against the Rams (servicable, gadget-y, solid), there would not be such a fervor today, nor too much emphasis put on an immediate controversy.

Slo

looks like i am a great predictor of the outcome of bears games. so bears bros here is the rest of your season:

@ cardinals - win
@ lions - win

Looks good to me.

I love that Harbs is willing to admit he was wrong about small hands and let the better guy play. It was clear before the season even started that Kap was the better option and last night just cemented it. 9ers have a real shot at the SB now.

Mrbob

@ cardinals - win
@ lions - win

Lol, please. Bears are running the table heading into the playoffs. Going to go back into San Fran and get their revenge with a healthy Cutler starting.

Last night's game wasn't a big surprise to me. Bears always play bad in San Fran.

I liked this game for one reason the Vikings can beat the Bears.

Worst case scenario just happened for the Vikings. The Bears will be locked in now for Sunday's match up.

Slo

Lol, please. Bears are running the table heading into the playoffs. Going to go back into San Fran and get their revenge with a healthy Cutler starting.

Last night's game wasn't a big surprise to me. Bears always play bad in San Fran.

Worst case scenario just happened for the Vikings. The Bears will be locked in now for Sunday's match up.

image.php

Mrbob

:/

FMT needs to give me my new avatar. Thankfully, I was smart enough to change our bet from all season to two weeks.

Again, not even remotely. This wasn't your average first career start. It might be one of the best in the last 10 years.

According to ESPN.com:

"Colin Kaepernick had the best starting debut in terms of Total QBR by any player over the last five seasons, surpassing the performances of Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III, among others."

LevelNth

Banned
I wouldn't argue that Wade Phillips is the best D coordinator in the league.
I would. Hard. If anyone gives any other name than Dick LeBeau as the best DC in the league they both don't know football, and are an idiot.

Also lol at squicken pounding in the 'Harbaugh is super mean!' agenda. Welcome to the NFL bro. This is the same league where a team had one bad year cause their starting QB was injured, and they cut him. AND HE IS THE BEST QB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME.

squicken

I would. Hard. If anyone gives any other name than Dick LeBeau as the best DC in the league they both don't know football, and are an idiot.

Also lol at squicken pounding in the 'Harbaugh is super mean!' agenda. Welcome to the NFL bro. This is the same league where a team had one bad year cause their starting QB was injured, and they cut him. AND HE IS THE BEST QB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME.

LeBeau is the best ever but no longer the best. And Denver never cut John Elway
--
Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum
#BullsonParade on safari-Buffalos,Bears,Jaguars,and Lions(oh yes)

MechDX

Texans can be first team to clinch playoff spot this weekend:

HOU clinches an AFC Playoff berth with:

1) HOU win + TEN loss/tie + MIA loss/tie + NYJ loss/tie + CIN loss + SD loss/tie

2) HOU win + TEN loss/tie + MIA loss/tie + NYJ loss/tie + CIN loss/tie + PIT loss

--
Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum

Jim Johnson is the best DC ever. Eagles were a playoff team almost ever year with him, and havent won a single playoff game without him.

jmdajr

Me and Smokey stated yesterday we think the Texans lose this game. JJoes injury being one reason

Yeah. Worry about beating the Titans next week. Hope we can beat the Colts once, and a victory over the Pats would be awesome.
Unless the Ravens can stick to only 2 losses, 13-3 would be enough for 1st seed.. if all that happens.

MechDX

Texans lose 4 more games.

And yet they STILL whoop the Jags and Pats.

Yeah. Worry about beating the Titans next week. Hope we can beat the Colts once, and a victory over the Pats would be awesome.
Unless the Ravens can stick to only 2 losses, 13-3 would be enough for 1st seed.. if all that happens.

The only hope I have for Thursday is the last time the defense got raosted (Rodgers) they came back the next week and destroyed Flacco. They have the potential to come out pissed and obliterate Stafford.

harSon

Banned
--
Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum

I don't know, dude's defenses have been top 5 yardage wise and allowing 20 points and under (typically +/- 1 from 15) for damn near a decade.

Even with Polamalu out, and an old ass defense, the guy is still tops in the league yardage wise and 5th in the league in points allowed. And the defense has been one of the best in the league over the past 5 or so weeks.

Top Bottom