• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Drakeon

All of them had great talent on there team. Take talent away and you won't recognize them from Wayne fontes

It's so subjective especially with most head coaches because the offensive/defensive coordinators pretty much call the play and run the show. Head coaches get too much credit and blame

So coaching doesn't matter? Because I believe Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh readily dispute this claim. Payton from not being there this year and Harbaugh from taking a 6-10 team to 13-3.

I believe the Cowboys could easily be contenders if they had a coach worth a damn. Am I alone in thinking this? Romo gets shit on way more than he deserves, he's not the main problem for the Cowboys.

Or look at Jeff Fisher St. Louis Rams vs Steve Spagnulo St. Louis Rams. Completely different. One is competitive (at least in most of their games) and one was the league's punching bag for 2 of the 3 years he was coach.

Tabris

Saints actually have to play some solid teams, I doubt they will only lose one (and yes, I firmly believe ten wins is needed for the NFC).

Yeah I can see 10 wins being needed. Seahawks also has to play 49ers same as Saints. Possible they can take division as 49ers have a rough schedule as I can see them losing to Hawks, Pats, and Saints.

Drakeon

Saints actually have to play some solid teams, I doubt they will only lose one (and yes, I firmly believe ten wins is needed for the NFC).

Agreed.

These are there last 6 games, I don't see them winning 5 out of these 6:
vs Niners
@ Atlanta
@ NYG
vs Tampa
@ Cowboys
vs Panthers

The only conceivably easy game is the Panthers (but keep in mind, the Panthers did beat the Saints earlier this year). All of the others are going to be tough (at least on paper).

beast786

So coaching doesn't matter? Because I believe Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh readily dispute this claim. Payton from not being there this year and Harbaugh from taking a 6-10 team to 13-3.

I believe the Cowboys could easily be contenders if they had a coach worth a damn. Am I alone in thinking this? Romo gets shit on way more than he deserves, he's not the main problem for the Cowboys.

Or look at Jeff Fisher St. Louis Rams vs Steve Spagnulo St. Louis Rams. Completely different. One is competitive (at least in most of their games) and one was the league's punching bag for 2 of the 3 years he was coach.

First, if you replace a very bad coach , that automatically Does't make you great because your team is playing up to its standard. Add to the fact that those changes accompanied not just head coach but the coordinators also on both side of the ball.

Obviously, head coaches have influence. but more often there influence is overrated . If your coach Jim H was at Jax, for past two year with that talent do you think he would be in that list you made of top coaches in just a year and half?

Hell NO.

Maybe not division title, niners look too good, but we better well fucking get the wild card.

Bills and Miami are the two games we must have on the road. I think we are better than St. Louis and ARZ (despite two stupid ass losses to both of them), but thankfully those two are at home. SF at home I feel good about too. I was worried about the Bears game, but who knows which Bears team show up.

As long as we take Rams, Bills, Dolphins, and Cards (can't be that hard right?) we will have 10 wins.

Drakeon

First, if you replace a very bad coach , that automatically Does't make you great because your team is playing up to its standard. Add to the fact that those changes accompanied not just head coach but the coordinators also on both side of the ball.

Obviously, head coaches have influence. but more often there influence is overrated . f your coach Jim H was at Jax, for past two year with that talent do you think he would be in that list you made of top coaches in just a year and half?

Hell NO.

I don't think Harbaugh would have drafted Gabbert, so it's hard to say. It wasn't *that* long ago that Jacksonville was competitive, it's mostly because of Gabbert that they aren't.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Agreed.

These are there last 6 games, I don't see them winning 5 out of these 6:
vs Niners
@ Atlanta
@ NYG
vs Tampa
@ Cowboys
vs Panthers

The only conceivably easy game is the Panthers (but keep in mind, the Panthers did beat the Saints earlier this year). All of the others are going to be tough (at least on paper).

Only games I can see the saints losing on there are niners, falcons, and giants. They are beastly at home but hopefully you guys come thru! It will be tough at the Georgia Dome since all of those convicts moved up here after Katrina.

beast786

I don't think Harbaugh would have drafted Gabbert, so it's hard to say. It wasn't *that* long ago that Jacksonville was competitive, it's mostly because of Gabbert that they aren't.

So you agree it's about talent of Gabbert. regardless that team is horrid. They have no playmaker is skill position in offense beside injured Maurice .

Vesmir

Banned
Bills and Miami are the two games we must have on the road. I think we are better than St. Louis and ARZ (despite two stupid ass losses to both of them), but thankfully those two are at home. SF at home I feel good about too. I was worried about the Bears game, but who knows which Bears team show up.

As long as we take Rams, Bills, Dolphins, and Cards (can't be that hard right?) we will have 10 wins.

Ten wins. That's some shit.
I wish I could do more analysis but only having a phone is annoying. Minnesota is the dark horse, I can't see the cowboys stepping up, Tampa has it rough, and the Saints are an incoming threat. This will be exciting.
Also: Fuck the Bears.

squicken

"Colin is the man," Davis said.

Late in the game, well after Kaepernick had staked the 49ers to an insurmountable lead, he threaded a pass to Davis against blanket coverage on third-and-12. The throw so impressed Davis that the Pro Bowl tight end put his hands together and bowed before his quarterback.

"I'm just so proud of him in that moment because the ball that he threw me, it was just one of those balls that you see Tom Brady throw," Davis said. "Second window, right on the money. Surprise. I didn't expect the ball to come because we ran that play quite a few times and the tight end usually don't get the ball on that play."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/82161/looks-like-kaepernick-won-over-the-49ers

Ten wins. That's some shit.
I wish I could do more analysis but only having a phone is annoying. Minnesota is the dark horse, I can't see the cowboys stepping up, Tampa has it rough, and the Saints are an incoming threat. This will be exciting.
Also: Fuck the Bears.

Saints have schedule. Tampa same division as Saints so one of them will fuck the other up. Tie breaker over both Minny and Cowboys. I don't see how we not make it if we just take care of business on those 4 teams. Who knows maybe SF will have lock up the division when we play them so that can be a free win (to make up for the bears lost if that does happen). I'm feeling good about this team!

Who do you guys think the best coaches in the league are at the moment?

I'd list these guys, not sure how I'd rank them:
Tom Coughlin
Jim Harbaugh (admittedly I'm biased here)
John Harbaugh
Bill Belicheck
Mike McCarthy
Sean Payton
Mike Tomlin
and maybe Mike Smith (but he really needs to get at least one playoff win).

1.) Jim Schwartz
2.) Mike Mularkey
3.) Pat Shurmur
4.) Andy Reid
5.) Romeo Crennel

Oh, you didn't want the mirror universe best coaches list. My bad.

cajunator

Banned
Saints will get beat up win or lose against the niners, followed by a tough Atlanta road game.
Could be 0-2 in the next stretch. that would immediately sink the season entirely in terms of playoffs, not that they really even have a chance.

Added Vernon Davis after the game, "I feel like somebody took the handcuffs off me." (Davis caught six balls for 83 yards and a touchdown.)

It's clear that Kaepernick gives the Niners their best chance to win both now and in the future. Approached by reporters late Monday, Wally Pipp Alex Smith (concussion) would only say, "They don't want me talking right now."
Cry into your tiny, tiny hands Alex.

Milchjon

footballgore.gif

Gore goring Lance Briggs...

Looks like I missed a thuggy game.

imtehman

Banned
"Colin is the man," Davis said.

Late in the game, well after Kaepernick had staked the 49ers to an insurmountable lead, he threaded a pass to Davis against blanket coverage on third-and-12. The throw so impressed Davis that the Pro Bowl tight end put his hands together and bowed before his quarterback.

"I'm just so proud of him in that moment because the ball that he threw me, it was just one of those balls that you see Tom Brady throw," Davis said. "Second window, right on the money. Surprise. I didn't expect the ball to come because we ran that play quite a few times and the tight end usually don't get the ball on that play."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/82161/looks-like-kaepernick-won-over-the-49ers

yeah, that was a sick throw, kaep has an arm

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Saints will get beat up win or lose against the niners, followed by a tough Atlanta road game.
Could be 0-2 in the next stretch. that would immediately sink the season entirely in terms of playoffs, not that they really even have a chance.

I see your little swag is back. I kind of want to hit you in the face :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
sounds like you're jealous that you're stuck with kubiak and the niners have a real coach. don't project your hate unto us!

Sounds like you don't know how to form an actual argument. This is two times in 20 posts where you've played the "NUH UH, YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS" card in lieu of actually saying something smart.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Living in Reno these past 13 years I'm happy for Kap. Kid has got a rocket. Easily a top arm in the league.

firen

I'd rather have Pete Carroll. Harbaugh doesn't care about his players. He's an egomaniac and a douchebag. He also looks like Rob Dyrdek mixed with Bill Paxton. David Shaw and Andrew Luck were clearly the brains behind Stanford's success.

Also, Matt Flynn is better than Alex and Cap combined.

Go Hawks

Fuck Carroll and Flynn. MVP Alex and Kaepernick are far superior than the crap the seacraps have

cdyhybrid

Fuck Carroll and Flynn. MVP Alex and Kaepernick are far superior than the crap the seacraps have

MVP Alex's gimpy ass is about to be out of the league after risking his health for a coach that stabbed him in the back. It's shameful and it's a disgrace. Harbaugh should publicly apologize to every football fan in this country for disrespecting the game like that.

Also, Golden Tate is the third best NFC West QB behind Russell Wilson and HoFlynn.

firen

Seacraps really? If you want to make fun of us at least do it correctly it's seachickens.

cmon_son.jpg
I'm bored of Seachickens but you're right.
MVP Alex's gimpy ass is about to be out of the league after risking his health for a coach that stabbed him in the back. It's shameful and it's a disgrace. Harbaugh should publicly apologize to every football fan in this country for disrespecting the game like that.

Also, Golden Tate is the third best NFC West QB behind Russell Wilson and HoFlynn.

Man people love to exaggerate a situation but if you want ill give you that. But you're last statement is...lolololololol. Thanks for da lafs.

squicken

I know this is hyperbole but there's kind of some truth to it. It's a really cold blooded sport. All that Alex gave for that team

Kiryu

Maybe not division title, niners look too good, but we better well fucking get the wild card.
Niners have tough schedule ahead and Seahawks have 1 or 2 tough opponents to win against.

I am just saying that 49ers won't clinch the Divisional NFC WEST easily.

Two more wins to break the streak of 7-9 record

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Niners have tough schedule ahead and Seahawks have 1 or 2 tough opponents to win against.

I am just saying that 49ers won't clinch the Divisional NFC WEST easily.

Two more wins to break the streak of 7-9 record
49ers home games remaining: Dolphins (4-6), Cardinals (4-6)

49ers away games remaining: Saints (5-5), Rams (3-6-1), Patriots (7-3), Seahawks (6-4)

Seahawks home games remaining: Cardinals (4-6), 49ers (7-2-1), Rams (3-6-1)

Seahawks away games remaining: Dolphins (4-6), Bears (7-3), Bills (4-6)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it wrong that I am now going to take off American Thanksgiving every year from now on?

Last year I went to Detroit with my friend to see her fave team the Packers.

This year going to her place to have a faux thanksgiving dinner with a ton of people and to watch the 3 games.

Next year maybe I'll go back to Detroit to watch another game again.

Top Bottom