• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
https://twitter.com/BWildeCTV/status/718425164912979970

You think you're mad at MT and MB now. Just wait until it comes out what trade they're angling for this summer. The machine is churning.

tumblr_inline_nzb6a3hkJG1rp5ay0_500.gif

Subban is gone, isn't he.

LevelNth

Banned
Subban is gone, isn't he.
I'm going to guess either Pacioretty, Gallagher or Galchenyuk simply because those are easier pieces to move due to their respective contracts.

But would Habs fans really be furious at Patches getting moved if the return was legit? Seems more likely to be one of the Gally's with how much that guy is saying people will be upset.

imBask

Banned
I'm going to guess either Pacioretty, Gallagher or Galchenyuk simply because those are easier pieces to move due to their respective contracts.

But would Habs fans really be furious at Patches getting moved if the return was legit? Seems more likely to be one of the Gally's with how much that guy is saying people will be upset.

after this year? nah, I think MOST would welcome trading Pacioretty for something legit...

Gallagher ain't moving, he's the real heart and soul of this team, and I doubt Galchenyuk will move after his late season performances

LevelNth

Banned
after this year? nah, I think MOST would welcome trading Pacioretty for something legit...

Gallagher ain't moving, he's the real heart and soul of this team, and I doubt Galchenyuk will move after his late season performances
I would probably agree with that, he's brings so much to that team. Basically then it really does seem to be either Galchenyuk or Subban.

I'm so curious if it is Subban what another team would give up, and who could fit that huge cap hit in.

Solo

I for sure think MB is going to try to trade Subban before July 1st comes and Subban gets all the power. Edmonton seems to be the trading partner rumor that won't go away.

The player I'll rage over if they trade is AGally. I'll go fucking nuclear.

imBask

Banned
I would probably agree with that, he's brings so much to that team. Basically then it really does seem to be either Galchenyuk or Subban.

I'm so curious if it is Subban what another team would give up, and who could fit that huge cap hit in.

The only way i'm accepting it is if we're getting another GREAT dman + picks, and we somehow sign Stamkos

but man, if he really does trade Subban I hope they're planning a good amount of security around the Bell Center, people will fucking riot

I for sure think MB is going to try to trade Subban before July 1st comes and Subban gets all the power. Edmonton seems to be the trading partner rumor that won't go away.

dawg, if we trade our #1 dman for one of their loser we're fucked. Markov is getting old, and we'll never win a cup with a Beaulieu-Petry as our #1 pairing

Solo

dawg, if we trade our #1 dman for one of their loser we're fucked. Markov is getting old, and we'll never win a cup with a Beaulieu-Petry as our #1 pairing

Oh, I agree. Just to be clear, I don't want to trade Subban. He's Top 5 in the world.

But I feel like with how MB and MT have treated him these 4 years, and how close MT and MB are, that they are ABSOLUTELY trying to move him.

Sad thing is, if they move him to Edmonton for some combination of RNH/Yak/Eberle/prospects/picks, Habs immediately become Edmonton East. Barf.

Oh, I agree. Just to be clear, I don't want to trade Subban. He's Top 5 in the world.

But I feel like with how MB and MT have treated him these 4 years, and how close MT and MB are, that they are ABSOLUTELY trying to move him.

Sad thing is, if they move him to Edmonton for some combination of RNH/Yak/Eberle/prospects/picks, Habs immediately become Edmonton East. Barf.

edmonton or buffalo? who would you rather be

imBask

Banned

I know Creeper will want Yak, but I wouldn't do the 3 of them (rnh, yak and eberle) for Subban

Solo

I know Creeper will want Yak, but I wouldn't do the 3 of them (rnh, yak and eberle) for Subban

Neither would I, but our dumbass GM would absolutely love to add 2 more undersized wingers.

Bergevin needs to be removed before he fucks the franchise over long term.

LevelNth

Banned
This is insanity, and not because you are saying you wouldn't do it, but because I think most would agree with you! How far those three have fallen...

Mind you RNH and Eberle would do wonders for your Top 6, but losing Subban would just be huge.

yyzjohn

Banned

It may be AGally, especially with all the goals he's scored lately. Maybe they're not sold on him and think they're selling high.

Yawnier

Banned
PK Subban better start looking at the real estate in Deadmonton

and I can't believe the habs would trade one of their core players like that instead of just firing the dumbass coach.

Merguson

Banned
https://twitter.com/BWildeCTV/status/718425164912979970

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9a49131d89b12a337534800918504294/tumblr_inline_nzb6a3hkJG1rp5ay0_500.gif[IMG]

Subban is gone, isn't he.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Solo, post: 200472400"]I for sure think MB is going to try to trade Subban before July 1st comes and Subban gets all the power. Edmonton seems to be the trading partner rumor that won't go away.

The player I'll rage over if they trade is AGally. I'll go fucking nuclear.[/QUOTE]

[quote="imbask, post: 200477334"]Apparently Wilde confirmed he was talking about Subban[/QUOTE]

[quote="CreeperBlocks, post: 200477842"]Oh god please..

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. If Subban is not traded I want Wilde Fired from CTV

I don't want Subban in a Edmonton Jersey.... Send him to Nashville for Josi[/QUOTE]

[quote="Razorskin, post: 200478084"]Fuck off Bergy.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/X4njwvm.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Outside of Edmonton, what are some other teams that have the cap space, need and required assets to make a move for Subban?

Zona? Avalanche? Jets?

This isn't right, This isn't right at all. I'll tell you what Brian Wilde is: A Hack Journalist. A hack that is trying to make Publicity out of nothing, There is no rift between Subban and Pacioretty. There is no bad blood between them. Brian Wilde is a scummy piece of shit and he's trying to get one part of the Habs fan base very angry. So far it's working. I Hope Subban isn't traded, he's done nothing wrong to be traded. No Montreal Player has. It's a shitty season that got worse with more Injuries. In fact I don't even think Therrien is at fault here, no one could've predicted Price would be out for the rest of the season. no one!

The only thing I think the Montreal Canadiens need to do is, Fire the Assistants. Let me give you example: Toronto Raptors had the absolute worst assistants last year and probably one of the many reasons they were swept in that playoffs last season That and Paul Pierce but that's a different story.Anyway fast forward to this year new assistants and Bam! they are top of the standings in the east.

The Habs need to get rid of J. J. Daigneault and Daniel Lacroix. we need a new PP Coach because sweet baby jesus is that powerplay is bad.

imBask

Banned
basically, if we trade Subban, the only way we're winning this trade is by gambling with picks. We're never getting a return that'll be worth Subban in the short term, never, nothing will compare to an ELECTRIFYING top 5 dman in his prime

trading Subban would mean the cup window has been forcefully shut closed by Bergevin.

basically, if we trade Subban, the only way we're winning this trade is by gambling with picks. We're never getting a return that'll be worth Subban in the short term, never, nothing will compare to an ELECTRIFYING top 5 dman in his prime

trading Subban would mean the cup window has been forcefully shut closed by Bergevin.

Trading Subban would be like trading Magic Johnson in his Prime. You don't fucking do that. No no no no. Get that Garbage outta here.

Creeper I don't know man, losing your goalie can definitely make a difference, but it shouldn't be the difference between cup contender and getting embarrassed night in and night out.

Trading Subban probably isn't going to fix that, though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trading Subban will make me go nuclear. Don't want to see AGally go either.
I'm expecting one of, if not both of Pleks / Eller moved. They won't or shouldn't move Patches, the hate he gets is ridiculous, and BGally won't be moved. The logistics and fallout of moving a guy like Subban would be irreparable. I expect Bergevin to make a move at the draft for a top pick.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting one of, if not both of Pleks / Eller moved. They won't or shouldn't move Patches, the hate he gets is ridiculous, and BGally won't be moved. The logistics and fallout of moving a guy like Subban would be irreparable. I expect Bergevin to make a move at the draft for a top pick.

Hopefully you are right.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully you are right.
Molson stepped in to get Subban signed, Subban donates $10 M to the Montreal hospital, and is the teams most beloved player, and highest source of revenue. I can't possibly imagine Molson signing off on a Subban trade, which he would have to do.

zroid

Banned
Star player trade watch from disgruntled team is always my favourite part of the offseason

especially because it never actually happens

Top Bottom