• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge listed for PS3/360 in Europe and dated for Japan

OmegaZero

That's really... disappointing. I may try to encourage him to pick up the console versions, then.

Until we get more detailed previews or have the game in our hands, I'd at least wait to see how Sigma 2 Plus turns out, since it seems to be offering new content and features.

But yeah, Sigma is a better experience then Sigma Plus, so that'd be a better recommendation.

dab0ne

I just hope they don't shoehorn any unnecessary characters. I'm replaying Sigma right now and HOLY SHIT RACHEL IS SOOOO SLOW!!! I absolutely dread her levels. Her levels are the Jar Jar Binks of this game IMO.

Seems like Nintendo did not publish the game in JP, which obviously means they did not actually help with the development.

What I think will happen is this:

The game exists, will come out in JP.

BUT it will NOT be localized because Nintendo might have exclusive rights to the game outside JP.

Why do I think this? Because this happened with Samurai Warriors 3.

Wii exclusive initially, published by Koei in JP (it did have the Takamaru mode).

Published by Nintendo in NA and EU.

Then it got ported to PS3 (and later PSP), they removed the Takamaru mode naturally.

Yet neither version got localized, and I'm positive Koei would've localized it if they wanted to.

So that strongly hints that we may not see NG3:RE PS360 in NA and EU.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just die already NG3. Youre a terrible terrible game and virtually guaranteed itagaki the satisfaction of laughing his ass off.

Ninja Dom

I'm playing through Razor's Edge right now. I'm up to Day 4 on Hard Difficulty.

I played through original Ninja Gaiden 3 on PS3 also on Hard and gave up on a Master Ninja play through.

Razor's Edge is a far better experience than NG 3 original.

I'm really enjoying playing through RE on the Wii U. But it does start off being much harder than the original as many of Ryu's moves are locked away and you have to level up your weapons in order to unlock more moves (as in the previous Ninja Gaiden games).

I just hope they don't shoehorn any unnecessary characters. I'm replaying Sigma right now and HOLY SHIT RACHEL IS SOOOO SLOW!!! I absolutely dread her levels. Her levels are the Jar Jar Binks of this game IMO.

seriously

i don't understand people who say sigma is better than black. they had none of this side-character nonsense.

Bayonetta runs far better than NG3:RE. NG2, even with its spotty framerate, runs far better than NG3:RE.
I thought it was pretty comparable to NG2 really, which sort of makes sense given both were rushed/unoptimized and were the only series installments featuring decapitation. I also played mostly on the game pad though.

BTW I know that it says the game is listed for PS360 in Europe, but it seems closer to official in JP where it makes more sense.

Also wasn't it Amazon.fr that listed Kid Icarus: Uprising for Wii U? They also list Concept Grand Prix for Wii U (the racer rumored to be by Lucid).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Who is left to buy this, who, why. The worst game in the franchise, now getting ported for the 3rd time. And no doubt there'll be a Vita edition as well!

Izuna-dropping the franchise into oblivion for every poor sucker that endures this shit-soup.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I knew it was a good ideas to skip NG3. I look forward to adding the RE/Sigma ps3 edition with my other two sigma's

kuroshiki

Who is left to buy this, who, why. The worst game in the franchise, now getting ported for the 3rd time. And no doubt there'll be a Vita edition as well!

Izuna-dropping the franchise into oblivion for every poor sucker that endures this shit-soup.

me. girls are in, so am I.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Her levels are indeed bad but you can beat them in minutes. Just keep dodging and jumping.

Trick to making rachels levels bareable.

dodge into any enemy who comes close. As she flips over their back press triangle to decapitate.

Then roll jump away and just as you land, hold triangle and to charge a on-landing ET, release to kill anyone else in that group of enemies.

rinse, repeat.

Edit: Avoid any challenge areas like the fucking plague with Racheal.

I meant to just try the 2nd day again to answer an earlier question and ended up playing for 2 hours if that gives anyone an indication of how much fun the game can be.

The game doesn't play any better on the 2nd chapter after the latest patch but I bet TN gets the game running smoother in the new ports. I'm not double-dipping though.

mao2

According to this week's Famitsu, the PS3/360 version will feature 25 additional missions in Ninja Trials, as well as new costumes for the characters.

Top Bottom