• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Previews are coming in

Pif

Banned
Yeah I love the free hand. I've actually always loved that about the Wii, because I like to lounge, and Joy-Con are comfortable enough where it feels good to hold them separately. I do like the grip too, don't get me wrong, but free-handing is very liberating.

Glad to hear it. Free hand is how I intend to play on the Switch.

correojon

The Joycon issues reafirms me into not getting one at launch, I almost jumped the gun a few times. All systems are a bit rough at launch, so better to wait a bit. Don´t get me wrong, I´ll definitely be getting one some months from now.

Cool to hear that Zelda is running smoothly and that you can play it for 3 hours, more than enough time for me. I don´t think I´ve ever used my 3DS more time than that.

oti

Banned
3h sounds alright to me. I've got a powerbank.

Left Joy-Con issue sounds bad. I'm sure they'll fix that. Imagine having to play through Zelda on a deadline and having to get through those issues. No thanks.

Listonosh

Nop, only talking about what I've read/seen. Engadget said that it runs far better than the preview and Jeuxvideo.com said that too

I uh, may have some news for you. Zelda embargo isn't up until tomorrow so I can't specifically talk about anything about the game. But framerate dips happen, more than I'd like.

LordKano

I uh, may have some news for you. Zelda embargo isn't up until tomorrow so I can't specifically talk about anything about the game. But framerate dips happen, more than I'd like.

Well, that's you against other reports. We'll see once more people talk about it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So Miis are optional? Thank god

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
We have no idea if the issue is on software level or hardware level, how widespread it is and if it's going to be fixed by release.
But let's panic!

foxbeldin

The switch gets kinda hot in docked mode while playing Zelda. (so obviously not a problem until you pick it up).

A reviewer said it was like a smartphone that ran a demanding game or tried to find 4g desperately.

maxcriden

I think it's the sticks and buttons being directly on top of each other in stead of being offset. When on the Switch it's fine because you can spread your fingers out more, but on the grip it makes it awkward.

You mean on the Switch or with one in each hand, right?

3h sounds alright to me. I've got a powerbank.

Left Joy-Con issue sounds bad. I'm sure they'll fix that. Imagine having to play through Zelda on a deadline and having to get through those issues. No thanks.

To be fair, reviewers probably aren't having that hard of a time with it. They confirmed that the Pro Controller works just fine and there are no issues while the Joy Con are attached to the console. Polygon had an issue while attached to the Grip but I don't think it was the charging version. I'd love to see someone with sync issues confirm whether or not they're present on the charge grip.

phanphare

Banned
From Engadget:

vAyINlR.png
vAyINlR.png
vAyINlR.png

Listonosh

Well, that's you against other reports. We'll see once more people talk about it.

I'm certainly not saying the game runs like shit, in fact, it's impressive many times, but framerate dips happen and are very noticeable. I'm sure that won't be an isolated issue to just me

dugdug

Banned
Man, I know people don't like to hear bad things about stuff they're excited about, but, being dismissive of a fucking *controller* straight up not working is a bit silly.

Hmm, we also have a french outlet getting 3 hours and 4 minutes out of standard settings.

I have seen reports about 3 hours here in this thread
For a demanding game like Zelda seems okay imho
Plus. Weren't power supply option somehow needed also by previous portable consoles for a "long business trip"?

I got exactly 2 hours and 26 minutes on Zelda with standard settings.

Anything about the Joy-Con desync?

Another reviewer asked me about it, but no, I haven't had the issue myself.

Thanks for this, I was very curious about the screenshot feature.

maxcriden

Polygon said it was using the default Grip, which isn't the charging model. I'd have to rely on others to state the frequency.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I didn't see where anyone had yet said how often this was happening to them so I'm hoping for clarification on that. I haven't gotten to see more than the Digital Chumps preview, though.

gogojira

Man, I know people don't like to hear bad things about stuff they're excited about, but, being dismissive of a fucking *controller* straight up not working is a bit silly.

I don't think people are being dismissive, I think people are hoping the day one patch resolves it.

The message will be amplified when/if people's home console starts fucking up on them in the same way.

Top Bottom