• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Previews are coming in

Platy

He played USFII at a preview event and was pretty positive on it.

I'm not sure if he really liked USFII or was just angling for a free Switch though. haha

Dude practically live tweeted USF2's changelog from what he noticed so much he played.

Saying he liked and played is an understatement xD

I didn't want to make a new thread, but...

Has anything been said about when we should see the Switch ports of Minecraft and Stardew Valley? These two games are games my daughter wants super bad.

Wait for the nindies direct on 28

ordrin

A solid 30fps most of the time, but there are occasional, noticeable dips. Mainly in docked mode.

wahh?

i thought the docked mode increases clock speeds and thus framerate?

dont tell me the upclock cant compensate for the paltry resolution increase from 720p to 900p??

SuomiDude

wahh?

dont tell me the upclock cant compensate for the paltry resolution increase from 720p to 900p??
Seems to be the case of Zelda alone. Probably didn't help that the game was basically ported from Wii U instead of developing from the start.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Zelda & snipperclips are a lock for me. Maybe Puyo puyo Tetris too. Bomberman I'd buy day one but I think I want preview impressions about how it plays first. Will we get those in time to order for day one if they're positive?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know how long the HDMI and AC cables are guys? Planning my setup rn.

wahh?

It's possible that for botw, there was no clockspeed differences going from handheld to docked mode..Its like Nintendo rushed it to sell the switch, as well as maybe not alienating wii u owners.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
5 feet each, is what I believe I heard from a podcast.

Well, shit. That's pretty short if I wanna put it on a single shelf on the wall while plugged into everything.

Nintendoooo >_<

edit, oh, AC is also USB. Shouldn't be too much of an issue to get longer cables then.

Antagon

wahh?

It works fine for other games. Supposedly BotW has more graphic improvements while docked (like a larger view distance and some improved effects) which are the cause of the problems.

ordrin

It works fine for other games. Supposedly BotW has more graphic improvements while docked (like a larger view distance and some improved effects) which are the cause of the problems.

well watching the docked/undocked comparison from gamexplain, those differences are minimal and yet the slowdown is tangible.

ngower

I hope the Expansion Pass means Nintendo work a bit on stability/framerate issues because I'm sure there's a way to optimize ever so slightly.

AddiF

Might have been asked and answered already but here goes..

Does the Switch, when docked, have to be visible for the joycons to work. I know Gamexplain and others had issues with the left one desyncing.

My problem is that my TV takes pretty much the entire width of the table and if I put the Switch in front of it, it will block a portion of the TV as the TV stand is very low. There are no places to put it anywhere else but on the subwoofer next to the table. Not sure that's wise.

So my possible solution is having the dock behind the TV near one of its side... but would that cause interference with the joycons?

ggD5mbE.png

19V5fPa.gif

Dude practically live tweeted USF2's changelog from what he noticed so much he played.

Saying he liked and played is an understatement xD

Yeah, Justin is close to my age. It's hard to imagine him not being into a new version of SFII. I think younger players underestimate how much love and nostalgia is potentially out there for a new version of SFII.

ITSMILNER

Apart from the ability to charge Joycon, are there any differences between the charging grip and the grip that comes with the console? Weight wise or size wise?

Fliesen

Apart from the ability to charge Joycon, are there any differences between the charging grip and the grip that comes with the console? Weight wise or size wise?

they're ergonomically identical, the weight difference is miniscule - (9 grams = 0.3 ounces)
the charging grip is transparent black.

Wait, still the same shitty Mii customisation options from 2005? Fuck you Nintendo.
It isn't exactly the same. For example you have more hair color options, like in Tomodachi Life.

It's not that big a deal anyway, Miis for the most part have been shoved into the sidelines with the Switch.

koss424

Wait, still the same shitty Mii customisation options from 2005? Fuck you Nintendo.

No they are improved. And why so angry over Mio's? What changes weee you hoping for and still call them Mio's? It's like you are purposely looking for something to be outraged about?

I play my PS4 on a computer monitor. I plug my headphones into my controller with the regular headphone jack.

I can't do that with the Switch right? Can't plug my headphones directly into the joycons or the joycon adapter. Can I buy a wireless headphone I can plug into the dock or something?

I play my PS4 on a computer monitor. I plug my headphones into my controller with the regular headphone jack.

I can't do that with the Switch right? Can't plug my headphones directly into the joycons or the joycon adapter. Can I buy a wireless headphone I can plug into the dock or something?

You can do aux bluetooth adapter + wireless headphones, or just plug them in to the Switch.

Top Bottom