• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Previews are coming in

I play my PS4 on a computer monitor. I plug my headphones into my controller with the regular headphone jack.

I can't do that with the Switch right? Can't plug my headphones directly into the joycons or the joycon adapter. Can I buy a wireless headphone I can plug into the dock or something?
You can plug headphones into the console while it's in the dock.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scully1888/status/835451038517903361

Thanks to the sleep function and the fact that switch games are cartridge based you can jump into a Zelda game within 10 seconds from passing the power button. It's really incredible, a gamer's dream!
39108-infinite-mother-of-god-gif-per-NfEC.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Did we get any info if you can put the save file on the micro sd? or it's only on the 32gb internal storage?

I don't think that's specified yet, but I might have missed it :(

Bsigg12

I've been meaning to ask, any reports on if you can lay the dock down and use it that way rather than standing up? I want to put the Switch where my Wii U is now but it wont fit in the space standing up.

Protome

I mean, I'm also concerned about how flimsy the kickstand looks, but that video... yikes.

It's pretty clearly just meant to be them re-enacting ways the kickstand failed in real use for them, not just going "Did you know if you push down on it hard enough the kickstand comes off!"

But people will take it as the latter because the internet.

Holy crap! That's almost faster than the time it takes for me to alt-tab to a game on my laptop.

That OS is no joke! Remember how insanely slow the Wii U OS was day one?

Day one? The Wii U's OS is still insanely slow. I think the Xbox One has just made people forget about it.

Skyzard

Banned
Having a quick resume from standby is so beneficial, to a handheld especially. Was a big contributor to me loving the Vita with how fast you can get into a suspended game.

Pick it up and play. I'd consider it vital now.

TheBear

I'm really having trouble justifying the purchase of a pro controller at this point, when for $20 more I can get two more joycons and do 4 player stuff. The joycon grip sounds A-OK

Wil348

Any word on how long the battery lasts in sleep mode (both when an application is and isn't running)?

Also, what happens if you leave the Switch docked when the battery is fully charged? Is there a chance it could overcharge the battery?

antonz

That's good news.

But the fact that modern quality of life features are treated as good news is bad news.

Feel like you are missing the point. No one is pretending its a new feature or anything. Sleep has been a feature across multiple Nintendo devices now.

What people are excited about is just how streamlined Nintendo has gotten it that its super fast. Exiting sleep mode and able to play within seconds is something to be excited about.

Any word on how long the battery lasts in sleep mode (both when an application is and isn't running)?

Also, what happens if you leave the Switch docked when the battery is fully charged? Is there a chance it could overcharge the battery?

Test showed the Switch lost 2% of its battery charge over 8 hours in sleep mode. So it has a very good sleep mode. Streetpass etc. absolutely decimated 3DS battery life. Overcharge should not be a problem with any modern device

RRockman

Banned
That's good news.

But the fact that modern quality of life features are treated as good news is bad news.

dude this is stupid fast. this plus no disk install equals almost instantaneous fun whenever. only thing left is for devs to lay off on the day one patches.

Is there an idea of what the airflow is like when docked? Say, if I were to put it against a wall, would that block anything important?

I'm trying to see the best place to put it without moving other systems. Thinking if I put my Wii U vertical, placing them side by side could work.

Top Bottom