• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-jo Hall [OT] Legend of the Seven Stars

I know it's of no help to newer viewers, but it's already built up years back - like when Tanahashi starts using the dragon suplex, the crowd usually reacts because it was his rookie finisher and we don't see it too often.

Still if it hasn't been used in years... ya got to build it back up.

It is what it is though.

Brilliant sell on that dropkick from Okada.

Still if it hasn't been used in years... ya got to build it back up.

It is what it is though.

Brilliant sell on that dropkick from Okada.

Disagree, when wrestlers go back to old moves out of desperation it's awesome. The moment wouldn't mean as much if they broke them out everywhere.

I guess me being new is why it didn't connect

Dragon Gate does stuff like this to a crazy degree and I'm not very well versed in the promotion pre-2012, so I get that. Sometimes the crowd freaks out for a certain move or pairing, and the superfans explain "oh, they used to team back in 2003" or "that's the move he beat so and so with the very first time they faced!". I really appreciate the deep history of the promotion, but it certainly makes it somewhat impenetrable to new fans.

Nekofrog

Banned
1. yes that totally sounds like chris jericho

2. that dropkick :O

btw english commentary is actually doing a really serviceable to good job

Dragon Gate does stuff like this to a crazy degree and I'm not very well versed in the promotion pre-2012, so I get that. Sometimes the crowd freaks out for a certain move or pairing, and the superfans explain "oh, they used to team back in 2003" or "that's the move he beat so and so with the very first time they faced!". I really appreciate the deep history of the promotion, but it certainly makes it somewhat impenetrable to new fans.

That said some random shit aside NJPW is by far the most accessible wrestling promotion in the world.

Foggy

Loving this so far. Repeat spots have been countered and some have worked and most out of order. Really interesting to watch.

Top Bottom