• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Normal/recurring/ battle themes. Your favorites?

The battle theme from I Am Setsuna is catchy as fuck. All the music is that game is great but that battle theme got stuck in my head every time I played.

But apart from those I also really really like the Random Waltz from Tactics, one of two songs I like in the whole game.

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does, FFT is some of Sakimoto's all-around best work!

But even if it does, your favorites are in the right place!

Never playd FFXIII-2 but that one you posted is pretty solid!

mcz117chief

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does, FFT is some of Sakimoto's all-around best work!

The OST in general feels bland to me. Random Waltz and Team Making are the only two pieces that I can remember from the whole game, both are really good. I like to listen to Team Making when I clean around the house, it kind of makes the experience feel like an adventure :D

Never playd FFXIII-2 but that one you posted is pretty solid!

Last Hunter or Paradigm Shift? I like Last Hunter a little bit more personally. The beginning of the song is kind of par for the course but at 0:35 when the violins kick in, the battles start to feel serene and magical. FF XIII-2 gives me the most awesome vibes when I play it, it makes me feel so excited every time I play it, borderline ecstatic.

The OST in general feels bland to me. Random Waltz and Team Making are the only two pieces that I can remember from the whole game, both are really good. I like to listen to Team Making when I clean around the house, it kind of makes the experience feel like an adventure :D

Different strokes I guess. I think FFT's OST is top-notch all around

Last Hunter or Paradigm Shift? I like Last Hunter a little bit more personally. The beginning of the song is kind of par for the course but at 0:35 when the violins kick in, the battles start to feel serene and magical. FF XIII-2 gives me the most awesome vibes when I play it, it makes me feel so excited every time I play it, borderline ecstatic.

Both! I think the XIII games have a tarnished reputation and have affected my opinion on them but I did like what I played of the XIII-2 demo...

mcz117chief

Different strokes I guess. I think FFT's OST is top-notch all around.

Can you give me some examples? I finished the game about 4 months ago and I can't remember a single other piece. I remember there being dozens of ambient pieces, but nothing as bombastic as the two I mentioned.

Both! I think the XIII games have a tarnished reputation and have affected my opinion on them but I did like what I played of the XIII-2 demo...

If you are in an adventurous mood and can take lighthearted comedy as well as some serious emotional drama then I can't recommend FF XIII-2 enough. That game also features songs by Origa and her performance in there is beyond phenomenal, New Bodhum theme is one of the most amazing songs I have ever heard, so much passion and energy in that song. You are gonna love it.

My favorites would be the battle themes from Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal. Gen 2 is easily my favorite, and these themes never got old for me.

9f481ef92389880c1206201e51fe7b4f.jpg

Wild Pokemon Battle (Jhoto)

Trainer Battle

Gym Leader Battle

Team Rocket Battle

Rival Battle

Top Bottom