• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 PS+ Games - BOI, Steamworld Dig, Frozen Syn, Luftrausers, Escape Plan

El_Cinefilo

ssJzqEW.png

Is it normal for them to just list three of the six games?

Hugstable

Banned
I wouldn't mind that, but I think it's unlikely that they'll offer those two simultaneously, considering there's not that many first party games they can pick from.

Seriously. It's been my most anticipated game for quite a few months. I can't believe it's finally here!

Haha same! I put so many hours into Issac on PC that it was insane. At the time I didn't think such a game that you play in small bits like that would get me hooked for so long, but it did. And it seems here they have added alot of improvements to the dungeons which are gonna mix things up even more than they originally were.

Laranja

Haha same! I put so many hours into Issac on PC that it was insane. At the time I didn't think such a game that you play in small bits like that would get me hooked for so long, but it did. And it seems here they have added alot of improvements to the dungeons which are gonna mix things up even more than they originally were.

Yeah!

I'm also super excited about the cooperative mode! I've always been a huge fan of local multiplayer and cooperative games, so having that added to one of my favourite games ever is just fantastic!

Same here! They've also fixed a lot of issues with bugs and performance and added a crazy amount of content. I'm so excited.

I'm still confused about which games are playable on which consoles.
The OP lists Frozen Synapse as PS3 only, yet in the e-mail sent to EU PS+ it doesn't list which console the games are for, and if you click the link below Frozen Synapse in the mail it takes you to a blog post which solely describes it as being a Vita game.
So if it is only the PS3 version, with no cross-buy, that is extremely misleading.

I'm still confused about which games are playable on which consoles.
The OP lists Frozen Synapse as PS3 only, yet in the e-mail sent to EU PS+ it doesn't list which console the games are for, and if you click the link below Frozen Synapse in the mail it takes you to a blog post which solely describes it as being a Vita game.
So if it is only the PS3 version, with no cross-buy, that is extremely misleading.

if all the games are cross-buy then it looks like this. not sure about frozen synapse though. where is the PS+ info on the blog?

PS4
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
SteamWorld Dig
Escape Plan

PS3
Frozen Synapse Prime
Luftrausers

Vita
SteamWorld Dig
Escape Plan
The Hungry Horde
Luftrausers

jayu26

if all the games are cross-buy then it looks like this. not sure about frozen synapse though. where is the PS+ info on the blog?

PS4
SteamWorld Dig
Escape Plan

PS3
Frozen Synapse Prime
Luftrausers

Vita
SteamWorld Dig
Escape Plan
The Hungry Horde
Luftrausers
People who have PS+ but no Vita, this is the reason you get vita.

LakeEarth

I wish Rest mode wasn't borked right now. One of my fav parts of PS+ is downloading everything to my PS4 from work during my lunch break, then coming home to have them installed and waiting for me.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I wish Rest mode wasn't borked right now. One of my fav parts of PS+ is downloading everything to my PS4 from work during my lunch break, then coming home to have them installed and waiting for me.

All these games are really really tiny. Going by Steam sizes, SD is 192 MB, BOI is 449 MB.

pfc

Neo Member
Why am I so excited for Rebirth if I didn't even play the original. The game just seems to have a strong gravitational pull with me.

Guevara

PS4
SteamWorld Dig
Escape Plan

PS3
Frozen Synapse Prime
Luftrausers

Vita
SteamWorld Dig
Escape Plan
The Hungry Horde
Luftrausers
I was wondering how this worked. Damn, what a month for Vita.

So... How does everyone like Rebirth?

I don't like it. But then again I didn't like the original on Steam either. Put me in the camp that just doesn't see the appeal of this game. I find it clunky, boring, and ugly but that's just my opinion, man.

Luftrausers was fun for about 2 minutes and then I quickly lost interest.

I find Steamworld and Escape Plan to be more in my wheelhouse.

I'm enjoying Steam Dig way more than Binding Isaac but it seems everybody's talking a lot more about Isaac. Am I crazy?

Isaac has a lot of depth to it and a huge following with the original. There is a lot to talk about.

I get it if people don't like the game; it's really hard and people don't like the aesthetic choices (dark and shit-filled) but these two things are super important to what the creator wanted to make.

The game has a lot of depth; way more than what appears on the surface. What seems like a pretty straight forward twin stick shooter (with some weird rules, like only firing in cardinal directions) are all integral to this larger, unfathomably complex game design. The better you get at the game, the more the game gives back as you see new floors and experience new item combinations and secrets!

So... How does everyone like Rebirth?

Just as shit as I thought it would be. Literally.

Escape plan is ok on vita. Something to play on a vita to pass the time.
I kinda like steamworld dig. I wouldnt miss it if it wasnt free, but its decent.

Frozen synapse wasnt worth the download. Neither was that lufrasers or whatever its called.

The hungry horde is unmitigated shite. Worse game of a bad month.

Hope December is much better. Injustice is a good start.

GhaleonEB

Steamworld Dig is pretty neat, and almost great. It starts out bearing a very strong resemblance to the lovely XBLA game Miner Dig Deep, with its addictive mining/tunneling/upgrade paths. Those similarities fade as the game transitions from one with a mining focus to a platforming/action one. The transition is gradual and well managed, but the game is much better at mining and platforming than it is at action. As a result the game got less interesting as it went along and the climax, with its action focus, was really clunky. The set of tools and movement options we gain makes for some great platforming, but it just didn't work as an action game. The same game with a greater focus on mining, environmental hazards and exploration over blasting enemies that walk back and forth would have been amazing end to end.

Still, it as a nice little bundle of style and adventure and I'm glad to have played it.

Top Bottom