• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Numerology or what? PS4 + Firmware 4 or PS3 + Firmware 5 = 8

Oppo

I believe Sony employees have a sense of humor and a feel for history making updates. I believe they deliberately managed firmware updates so the OP is true....they have done this in the past. Remember the Trilithium framework for IPTV. Trilithium powers the Star Trek Enterprise Engines...You know making money = Enterprise. PS3 firmware update 3.5 supported HULU and other IPTV apps with Flash server 3.5 features.

I am no Trekkie but wasn't it Dilithium Crystals?

also you are reaching well into conspiracy land either way

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
That's some mystical shit.

What?

Anyway, last time I tried to cut my cable I called Comcast and they told me that I'd save $20/month over what I'm paying now by ditching the cable. This is because I have internet and cable TV from Comcast and it's a bundle. So if I break this super special bundle price they generously allow me, they're forced to charge me more for my internet.

Fuck you Comcast.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
0601edabface5721c5bc61413bc794a2c4b24695122066e9a1e209f30dc4ccd0.jpg

Dunkley

Jeff, something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home.
I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly...
Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?
Fine, forget it...

Actually, I am in really bad shape financially. I pay money to my ex-wife as part of our divorce settlement, among other bills... I just had no choice but to make you pay for lunch the other day. I'm really sorry.

Darkangel

I hear it's amazing when the famous giant purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space, with a tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hairi Kairi Rock

jiggles

Banned
Every Jeff Rigby thread, I think "has this guy ever been right about any of these wild theories?"

Then I think "How would we even know?"

Fisty

A $15 competitor to Vue would be great, I would never give the cable companies a dime more than I absolutely have to (I will only pay them for internet), but maybe Vue will drop in price to try and keep up. $40/month is just to much for me currently, but $20-25 would be much better.

Somehow, I keep thinking that Jeff is some sort of older physicist.

I love that comic.

I am no Trekkie but wasn't it Dilithium Crystals?

It was dilithium.

I... I am so confused right now lol.

Jeff's been on a crusade for some time trying to prove that Sony will update ALL PS4s to support UHD blu-ray through a firmware update.

His reasoning involves a large amount of circuitous thinking and circumstantial evidence such as HDMI 2.0 output, HDCP 2.2, Netflix 4K and the drive read speed of the PS4's blu-ray drive being sufficient to read a UHD blu-ray.

The latest straw at which he's grasping is that he believes the coincidental fact that Sony's next firmware updates for the PS4 and PS3 might both be labelled 8.0 will see Sony unveil UHD blu-ray support for the PS4 as a major feature.

People have tried to tell him that Sony could still choose to release a new model with UHD blu-ray support and not give that feature to earlier PS4s despite technically being able, but he refuses to believe that.

For some reason, he also tries to entangle this in console wars between Microsoft and Sony.

Jeff, what is it that you do?

Like, what is your profession? How do you find he time to keep up with this web of hyperspecific technology?

Does anyone know?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Numerology is jumping the shark, even for a Rigby thread.

^EDIT: We must be telepathically linked. I blame the numbers.

CNCOMICS

tumblr_ncy76aFnfP1tzba0xo3_400.gif

Something something firmware update and delays, something something IPTV, something something "cut the cord" ?????¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom