• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schiff hopefully won't let it go. Or someone leaks a little more to force him.

Schiff has been the most impressive Democrat in fighting against this BS.

From his Wikipedia page:

While an assistant U.S. Attorney he gained attention by prosecuting a case against Richard Miller, a former FBI agent convicted of "passing secret documents to the Soviet Union in exchange for a promised $65,000 in gold and cash."

That's why.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Actual (incidental) surveillance photo of Nunes entering white house grounds.
t3MYV.gif

So reading between the lines I guess this is about intercepts of meetings between Trump & Turkey, which Nunes was a part of.
I was waiting for Wolf to ask whether Nunes' own name was in there.

As a member of the transition team its conceivable, which is why the calls for recusal make perfect sense, above and beyond the crass politics and cloak and dagger shit going on.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/846482238896308224

Jared Kushner had a previously unreported meeting with the head of a Russian bank that was under sanctions.

Until now, the White House had acknowledged only an early December meeting between Mr. Kislyak and Mr. Kushner, which occurred at Trump Tower and was also attended by Michael T. Flynn, who would briefly serve as the national security adviser. Later that month, though, Mr. Kislyak requested a second meeting, which Mr. Kushner asked a deputy to attend in his stead, officials said. At Mr. Kislyak's request, Mr. Kushner later met with Sergey N. Gorkov, the chief of Vnesheconombank, which the United States placed on its sanctions list after President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia annexed Crimea and began meddling in Ukraine.

Man, this shit just gets worse and worse...

Kusher talking with a sanctioned Russian bank during the transition period, at the behest of the President-elect has to be against the law.

How else can anyone possibly spin that?

That's a Logan Act violation.

Pretty interesting that Nunes claims again and again that his intelligence has nothing to do with Russia, yet nobody at all seems to believe that, save Trey Gowdy, who has also admitted to having no idea what the intelligence is.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nunes is like Mayor Rob Ford, and lies are his crack pipe. And sweating uncomfortably is his booze. And Foreign Dignitaries are his everything else.

Pretty interesting that Nunes claims again and again that his intelligence has nothing to do with Russia, yet nobody at all seems to believe that, save Trey Gowdy, who also has demonstrated he has no idea what intelligence is.

Ftfy

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man, are these the dumbest spies ever or some amazing coincidences. How the fuck do you think no one would find out about this.

Ps how amazing would it be if Kushner serves time just like his dad lol

subrock

Man, are these the dumbest spies ever or some amazing coincidences. How the fuck do you think no one would find out about this.

Ps how amazing would it be if Kushner serves time just like his dad lol

It's almost as if no one involved knows how government, or the spy agencies therein, operate.

Red

It's almost as if no one involved knows how government, or the spy agencies therein, operate.
It is likely the Russians took advantage of their naïveté. I think it is probable they did not know they were being used, and in fact believed they were the ones in control. This would follow the pattern of incompetence they have shown throughout their administration.

Costia

Trump as president is allowed to have contact with Russia/Turkey. It's part of his job.
So the problem is that he (or his transition team) might have had contact with them a few months early during the transition, while preparing to be president?
Why would you even try to hide it?

They're talking about this on Anderson Cooper now, and holy shit.

So the White House description of that meeting (a simple meet and greet at the behest of Kislyak) conflicts with the bank's description (doing business with the Kushner Companies), the bank is under sanctions, is close to the state with the Russian PM on the board, and the person Kushner met with went to the academy where Russia trains its intelligence agents.

WTF

Every fucking day with these people. Every fucking day.

Oh but don't worry - Jeffrey Lord has full faith in Kushner's integrity. So I guess everything is a-OK.

pigeon

Banned
Trump as president is allowed to have contact with Russia/Turkey. It's part of his job.
So the problem is that he (or his transition team) might have had contact with them a few months early during the transition, while preparing to be president?

Well, that's kind of the question, isn't it? Why bother concealing so many meetings? Trump said repeatedly that nobody in his campaign met with Russia. It turns out literally everybody in his campaign met with Russia.

Why delete 30,000 e-mails? Why have a private server at all? We demand answers.

Surfinn

Well, that's kind of the question, isn't it? Why bother concealing so many meetings? Trump said repeatedly that nobody in his campaign met with Russia. It turns out literally everybody in his campaign met with Russia.
If there was nothing to hide there's no way they wouldn't just get this all out in the open. But they're constantly hiding shit and lying.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Sanctioned Russian banks?

Actually, I can only find reference to Liontree, and investment bank which has offices in US, UK, and France.

Must have had my wires crossed between that and speculation Trump himself having received investment/loans from Russia to prop up some of his companies.

We already have the answer.

19.5% of rosneft (we are talking billions here) in exchange for lifted sanctions and turning a blind eye to Russia vs Ukraine. To sweeten the pot they also worked tirelessly and illegally to give orange Julius the presidency by hacking, leaking and infiltration and disinformation so he didn't have to lose.

antonz

They're talking about this on Anderson Cooper now, and holy shit.

So the White House description of that meeting (a simple meet and greet at the behest of Kislyak) conflicts with the bank's description (doing business with the Kushner Companies), the bank is under sanctions, is close to the state with the Russian PM on the board, and the person Kushner met with went to the academy where Russia trains its intelligence agents.

WTF

Every fucking day with these people. Every fucking day.

Oh but don't worry - Jeffrey Lord has full faith in Kushner's integrity. So I guess everything is a-OK.

I suspect Nunes got word that Kushner has eyes on him and that this is all a distraction from that fact. Nunes went to the white house to probably warn Kushner. This whole White house shit is a non story no laws were broken and its all based on a trust me I saw things that have been shown to no one else.

And what a shock Kushner was in Aspen Colorado "skiing" at the same time Roman Abramovich just happened to arrive in Aspen Colorado this past week

Kenai

Wow!

What a coincidence!

In a series of Russia related coincidences with every person in this administration!

I mean, what are the odds, right? That's just crazy! How many coincidences can happen at one time?!?!

I totally agree with the person many pages back exasperated that there is an actual conspiracy going on for once *and* it's playing out before our eyes and so many usual suspects are just silent. History in the making.

"Who's man is this?"
"I don't know her."
Because we all know Ryan wants a credible investigation....
I will give Ryan this: He apparently doesn't want to be president. Because a real quick road for him would be an impeachment trial. Even if he only targeted Trump, he could easily work that into being the VP for Pence. For that matter, I'm surprised Pence isn't making a move. And I'm not even assigning raw ambition to that. The White House has been infiltrated by venal traitors. Please, gentlemen, be the patriots you profess to be. Save our country!

"I don't know her."

I will give Ryan this: He apparently doesn't want to be president. Because a real quick road for him would be an impeachment trial. Even if he only targeted Trump, he could easily work that into being the VP for Pence. For that matter, I'm surprised Pence isn't making a move. And I'm not even assigning raw ambition to that. The White House has been infiltrated by venal traitors. Please, gentlemen, be the patriots you profess to be. Save our country!
No Republican wants to be president after a scandal that would rock the GOP. It would destroy their political career.

Mark L

So, if someone only watched Fox for their news- let's even forget about the total fake shit for a moment and leave it at Fox- how would they see this situation right now? Would they have any inkling that Nunes had done anything wrong? Assume they're not even a partisan, they're Joe Everyguy who just watches Fox for some reason.

I seem to recall Kusher was supposedly doing the rounds looking for finance for "Trump TV" which included Russian banks?
Isn't that his alibi, then? There could be no quid pro quo because they thought Hillary would win and Kushner was just financing the television studio we all assumed Trump would be starting.
We already have the answer.

19.5% of rosneft (we are talking billions here) in exchange for lifted sanctions and turning a blind eye to Russia vs Ukraine. To sweeten the pot they also worked tirelessly and illegally to give orange Julius the presidency by hacking, leaking and infiltration and disinformation so he didn't have to lose.
That's what galls me the most. All this, a betrayal to our longest enemy, and for what? So already rich men could have even more money.
No Republican wants to be president after a scandal that would rock the GOP. It would destroy their political career.
Everybody wants to be president, but nobody wants to be Gerald Ford.

Andrea Mitchell‏Verified account @mitchellreports 43m43 minutes ago

Jeremy Bash tells 11th Hour @MSNBC Nunes diversion was about stopping Sally Yates from testifying about what she told White House re Flynn

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Isn't that his alibi, then? There could be no quid pro quo because they thought Hillary would win and Kushner was just financing the television studio we all assumed Trump would be starting.

I was mistaken.

What I was referencing was Kusher meeting with a US/UK/French investment bank in October which was the only bank reported on. The newly disclosed meeting between Kusher and the Russian Bank was in December, after the election.

I imagine it is possible he started conversations with Russian banks regarding Trump TV investment before the election though, and things "evolved" from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom