• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorta makes sense, but what is stopping her from testifying? Nunes knows she's gonna dish soon. Is a week of flex worth the rest of his life?
Is Nunes ever going to hold a public hearing? He went into meltdown mode after Comey testified with mostly "I cannot comment" comments. No way he's going to let Comey speak after progress in the investigation. Only hope left is the Senate panel. I hope they figure out something quick.

Thanks. So I'm confused.. What exactly was Yates gunna say? Don't we already know Flynn lied to Pence?

She could have told the WH about Flynn working for Turkey during the transition or any of the other shitfuckery he's been up to. If she confirms that the WH knew about all of this and still kept Flynn on as the NSA, it would be damning and raise all kinds of questions.

Thanks. So I'm confused.. What exactly was Yates gunna say? Don't we already know Flynn lied to Pence?

Maybe Pence was actually just as in on it as Flynn, Nunes and Trump all were and Nunes is trying to keep Pence as clean as possible so that he gets the presidency after Trump possibly gets impeached?

Just throwing a dart out there.

pigeon

Banned

This is total speculation, but note that we know Sally Yates told Trump that Flynn was compromised and Trump did nothing.

Depending on exactly what Yates told Trump, if he was aware of a criminal action that Flynn took, he may be guilty of obstruction of justice.

danthefan

This is total speculation, but note that we know Sally Yates told Trump that Flynn was compromised and Trump did nothing.

Depending on exactly what Yates told Trump, if he was aware of a criminal action that Flynn took, he may be guilty of obstruction of justice.

Even if he was, is there the remotest chance anything will be done about it?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This could include info that Pence knew about the activity way before he "cared" about being lied to. It could also a) be pretty damning regarding Flynn's activities while showing the whitehouse didn't care at best or actively covered it up / participated at worst.

Edit: this is allspeculation of course
Edit 2: Also Pigeon phrased this same thought better, above

PusherT

Lmao the House of Representatives of the United States Congress government intelligence committee is a mess. This is our USA government at work people.

Congress vs President Trump= America lose

Link

The Autumn Wind
Lmao the House of Representatives of the United States Congress government intelligence committee is a mess. This is our USA government at work people.

Congress vs President Trump= America lose
This is what happens when you have a Republican Party that's had such large turnover and an influx of obstructionist extremists over the last eight years that they literally don't know how to actually govern.

PusherT

How can one dumbass hijack an entire committee? This is fucking absurd.
How could Nunes think it was ok to private talk to the white house when Congress is conducting an investigation. Nunes as the chair of the House of Representatives intelligence committee can and has compromised the investigation of President Trump and Russia dealings.

It's weird how so many specific people are clearly linked to treasonous acts but continue to fuck everything up around them in plain sight of the world.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
https://youtu.be/Ul3WqCBUkGI?t=337

Wow so apparently Nunes is avoiding the hell out of the committee by canceling committee meetings, even ones that are unrelated to Russia. Jim Himes says the committee is basically in "suspended animation."

This is nuts. This panicking buffoon is so incompetent it's already crossed over to comedy territory. This guy needs to be kicked to the curb fast.

Also I couldn't help but notice Jim Himes was about to pop out of that shirt, damn that looks like a tight fit. Sorry, but I felt uncomfortable watching him lol

Hey so I heard it was all just a misunderstanding and you guys here on LiberalGAF are blowing it way out of proportion as usual.

Devin Nunes just wanted to use a secure Internet Cafe in the White House.

shandy706

Slightly OT, but I saw this picture this morning and chuckled. Made me instantly think of conversations on Gaf.

Alright...which one of you actually punched a Trump supporter? Where's Stinkles?

95094677.jpg

Edit* It was from a couple days ago, I'm always behind on this stuff..heh.

Now Trump is asking for an investigation on Clinton for her Russia ties(she has none.), what a god damn pathetic loser.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...investigation-clintons-russian-ties/99719180/

Of course he is. And I bet we'll see massive support for this from Breitbart and FOX News in the hours too.

The projection- and the attempt at changing the narrative by putting the spotlight as far as possible from Trump and his people- is so damn obvious.

RPGCrazied

Of course he is. And I bet we'll see massive support for this from Breitbart and FOX News in the hours too.

The projection- and the attempt at changing the narrative by putting the spotlight as far as possible from Trump and his people- is so damn obvious.

Too late, its already started.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Watch @foxandfriends now on Podesta and Russia!

rambis

Banned
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/846698282285981696

Rep. Eric Swalwell says "this is what cover up of a crime looks like."

NEW: @mkraju talks to Devin Nunes -- he says investigation "moves forward just like it did before." Does not answer question about recusal.

Nunes tells @mkraju he is moving forward with House investigation, despite canceled meetings this week, call for recusal

This investigation has reached the point of no return. Its undeniably comprimised and partisan. Its time for an indenpendent investigator.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It's things like this that continue to convince people that nothing matters and nothing can be done.
If there's really nothing that could be done, Nunes wouldn't be running scared like this and Trump wouldn't be tweeting about investigating Hillary once again.

rambis

Banned
Too late, its already started.

I read a piece on this

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-28/heres-story-behind-trumps-podesta-russia-tweet

John Podesta, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s 2016 national campaign chairman, may have violated federal law by failing to disclose the receipt of 75,000 shares of stock from a Kremlin-financed company when he joined the Obama White House in 2014, according to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group.

Joule Unlimited Technologies — financed in part by a Russian firm — originally awarded Podesta 100,000 shares of stock options when in 2010 he joined that board along with its Dutch-based entities: Joule Global Holdings, BV and the Stichting Joule Global Foundation.

When Podesta announced his departure from the Joule board in January 2014 to become President Obama’s special counsellor, the company officially issued him 75,000 common shares of stock.

The Schedule B section of the federal government’s form 278 which — requires financial disclosures for government officials — required Podesta to “report any purchase, sale or exchange by you, your spouse, or dependent children…of any property, stocks, bonds, commodity futures and other securities when the amount of the transaction exceeded $1,000.”

The same year Podesta joined Joule, the company agreed to accept 1-Billion-Rubles — or $35 million — from Rusnano, a state-run and financed Russian company with close ties to President Vladimir Putin.

Anatoly Chubais, the company CEO and two other top Russian banking executives worked together with Podesta on the Joule boards. The board met six times a year.

I would actually welcome tying this into the investigation. This is the same kind of stuff we would ding Trump about. The only way to get to the bottom of this is a completely independent investigation with full subpoena power. The thing is one party would probably welcome this and one would vehemently reject.

I read a piece on this

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-28/heres-story-behind-trumps-podesta-russia-tweet

I would actually welcome tying this into the investigation. This is the same kind of stuff we would ding Trump about. The only way to get to the bottom of this is a completely independent investigation with full subpoena power. The thing is one party would probably welcome this and one would vehemently reject.

Check your sources. They're not reputable.

If there's really nothing that could be done, Nunes wouldn't be running scared like this and Trump wouldn't be tweeting about investigating Hillary once again.

As much as it all pisses me off, I agree with this POV. It's all just another rushed attempt to deflect the attention away from Trump and onto whatever scapegoat they can think of.

Sure, it drives me bananas that people like my parents are going to totally buy into the lie at first and use the "BUT HILLARY-" line if the Trump-Russia topic comes up, but seeing as how GOP folks are running all over Washington D.C. right now like chickens with their heads cut off, I think the truth is most likely going to come to light in the months ahead.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom