• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Kaladin

It's (nearly) October which means it's time for another wrasslin thread....

vacant-wwe-title.jpg

The WWE Championship is in a state of abeyance.

WHAT?

The title is being held up.

WHAT?

The championship is vacant.

WHAT?

For the first time since 2011 when CM Punk walked out of the company as WWE Champion, the WWE Championship is vacant. Triple H stripped Daniel Bryan of his newly won title after referee Scott Armstrong admitted that he gave Bryan a fast three count which was not his normal cadence. A rematch has been ordered at the upcoming Battlegrounds PPV for the vacant WWE Championship.

Meanwhile, in the CM Punk Pocket Universe™

Ryback has been revealed as a new Heyman guy and has picked up right where Axel left off.....and it seems to be working better than the Axel / Heyman relationship did....at least it's creepier.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-17-at-12.47.14-AM-650x375.png

WWE also has a second PPV on October 27th called Hell In A Cell.

Elsewhere in wrasslin...

TNA is heading for Bound For Glory....

917_ac9ff722ccee9f796dea38c810f03e02_m.jpg

ibaYqyXmAUrhDg.gif

No seriously, something is up with this company....and they're running angles about it. AJ Styles dropped a pipe bomb on Dixie Carter after winning the Bound For Glory series claiming that he could say anything he wanted because his contract was up.

In the meantime, there is also a possibility that Hulk Hogan's contract is up with the company, and they are currently running an angle around that.

Is this a major restructuring....or a company grasping at straws?

TNA's Bound For Glory PPV airs October 27th and is one of only four PPVs they are running in 2013.

New Japan....

New Japan just held it's Destruction PPV and is currently streaming it on VOD for $25. The PPV features main events of Kazuchika Okada defending his IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Satoshi Kojima and Shinsuke Nakamura defending his IWGP Intercontinental Championship against Shelton "X" Benjamin, better known to US fans as Momma Benjamin's baby boy.

The full card has been announced for October's New Japan iPPV;

NJPW, "KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 2013.10.14
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask, Super Strong Machine & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado, Gedo, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles:
Forever Hooligans (c) vs TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
02. Special Singles Match:
Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki
GBH (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & ??? vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
04. G1 Climax Rematch:
Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata
05. Special Singles Match:
Yuji Nagata vs Kazushi Sakuraba
06. IWGP Title Contendership & NEVER Openweight Title:
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Yujiro Takahashi
07. IWGP Intercontinental Title:
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji
08. IWGP Heavyweight Title:
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

SWERVE!

iXz3liOq5Dnnh.gif

This month's thread is dedicated to strobogo. If you didn't know, strobogo has been working at recapping a lot of wrasslin. He is currently working on WCW 1999 and has completed 1998, 2000, 2001 and other various recaps.

His current recaps can be found over at http://www.legitshook.com while previous WCW recaps can be found at http://wcw2000.tumblr.com and http://wcw2001.tumblr.com

Here's to all of strobogo's work and the blood sweat and beers he's gone through as he recaps some of the best (and mostly worst) of wrasslin.

And now for the Hall of Shame....

Just look at these jabronis.
iSGUaStxuCE2Y.gif

8d2GJWt.jpg

tumblr_mtuf7gK7TC1sdrkcao1_250.gif

Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

00. Pre-Show Match:
Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask, Super Strong Machine & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado, Gedo, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
03. 6-Man Tag Match:
GBH (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & ??? vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
04. G1 Climax Rematch:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

00. Pre-Show Match:
03. 6-Man Tag Match:
04. G1 Climax Rematch:

All in on this one. Gotta see... 6 of the 8 matches. Which is an insane amount of must-see matches for a card. Want-to-see the other 2. But yeah, amazing lineup.

THE KING BABY!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
04. G1 Climax Rematch:

the title of that ppv is apt

Yes sir~

Super excited for that, even though I doubt it'll top the G1 match. But still...expectations are high and I bet both will deliver, knowing that.

All in on this one. Gotta see... 6 of the 8 matches. Which is an insane amount of must-see matches for a card. Want-to-see the other 2. But yeah, amazing lineup.

THE KING BABY!

Yeah, the line-up's pretty damn fantastic. Last year's was an amazing show, so I'm expecting big things. Also, this marks a year since New Japan started international iPPVs, iirc.

I do fear, however, that
Tanahashi's getting his title back and the Tokyo Dome main event will be Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Tetsuya Naito, G1 final rematch. I wasn't terribly excited about Naito winning the G1, but Okada vs Naito sounds like the better main event for the Dome, imo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the line-up's pretty damn fantastic. Last year's was an amazing show, so I'm expecting big things. Also, this marks a year since New Japan started international iPPVs, iirc.

I do fear, however, that
Tanahashi's getting his title back and the Tokyo Dome main event will be Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Tetsuya Naito, G1 final rematch. I wasn't terribly excited about Naito winning the G1 and Okada vs Naito sounds like the better main event for the Dome, imo

Could be okay. Frees up
Okada for that feud with Nakamura!

I can see
Devitt wining naito's briefcase and facing tanahashi at the dome. also i can see them setting up a chaos breakup as well.

"Ken Anderson appeared on 4th and Pain and stated that he expects to have a new deal with Impact Wrestling "within a week." Anderson said his agent and lawyer are currently working on finishing up a deal with the company and that he enjoyed the way he was being used creatively before his contract expired."

Could be okay. Frees up
Okada for that feud with Nakamura!

True, that's got to be coming somewhere down the line.
I guess the Dome main event depends on how much stock they're willing to put into Naito & Okada, as Tanahashi is still the big draw of the company. I think Naito's winning, either way. If he's ever going to be one of their top guys they need to pull the trigger soon, otherwise he'll be another Goto, while Okada's got 7 years on Naito, there's still plenty of time for him

I can see
Devitt wining naito's briefcase and facing tanahashi at the dome

I like that, plus, it'd really piss Sunny off, lol :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think NJPW has run out of gas with Devitt any second now, especially if this WWE talk keeps coming up. Karl Anderson mentioned he was back to the USA for a while...

I didn't even know Fozzy was in town last Saturday :\

Oh well, would have been fun

I like power metal a lot but I just cannot get into Fozzy.

Heel

No seriously, something is up with this company....and they're running angles about it. AJ Styles dropped a pipe bomb on Dixie Carter after winning the Bound For Glory series claiming that he could say anything he wanted because his contract was up.

In the meantime, there is also a possibility that Hulk Hogan's contract is up with the company, and they are currently running an angle around that.

Is this a major restructuring....or a company grasping at straws?

ibh7X8pJt7mkKY.gif

Got my Suzuki-gun t-shirt finally, only took two and a half months, lol;

Front;

ibmAqtDYpr72Pq.jpg

And the design on the back;

iNKPXsnJ1cGYB.jpg

I like power metal a lot but I just cannot get into Fozzy.

I'm not a big fan of Fozzy either, or power metal for that matter, but I've seen them live twice now and they've put on a great show both times. Jericho's an excellent front-man, but he could do with someone a whole lot better writing his music.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Front;

You'll look like a legit punk rocker now! up the punx boots!

I hate punk rock, even though in school I was friends with a bunch of punks because I was a goth and it grew out of punk. but jeezus, I had to listen to a lot of shitty music when I was in their cars

Sokantish

You'll look like a legit punk rocker now! up the punx boots!

I hate punk rock, even though in school I was friends with a bunch of punks because I was a goth and it grew out of punk. but jeezus, I had to listen to a lot of shitty music when I was in their cars

I could TOTALLY see you as a goth. Did you wear some eyeliner?

Front;

ibmAqtDYpr72Pq.jpg

And the design on the back;

iNKPXsnJ1cGYB.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Fozzy either, or power metal for that matter, but I've seen them live twice now and they've put on a great show both times. Jericho's an excellent front-man, but he could do with someone a whole lot better writing his music.

that is awesome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this place is pretty popular on tumblr. just so you know. first post ever!

The McMahon Effect, we break down barriers and bring Legit Shook to the masses. Speaking of which, I saw legit shook being used on a splinter GAF site. Feels great.

Fave Five and we'll slot you where you need to be for a debut. Will you be Curtis Axel?

Striker

Making Dixie a hated heel seems to be working, and is a good move. Something WWE should've done in the Punk angle - they brought in Kevin Nash to become the antagonist and HHH still was the cool face and tried stealing the spotlight. What an awful story.

Kaladin

Man, this month is stacked:

October 6th: WWE Battlegrounds
October 14th: New Japan's King of Pro Wrestling
October 20th: TNA Bound For Glory
October 27th: WWE Hell In A Cell

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five 1986 WWF Edition:

5. Iron Sheik
4. Mike Rotundo