• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical Madden 2k5 GAF Tourney III: Less hip than Bo Jackson

it's time again, time for the awesomeness that is the madden GA tournaments. maybe some of you missed it last year, but we completed 10 tournaments for the PS2 version, and it was a lot of fun. many of us have moved onto the xbox version, a few stayed with the ps2 version, and some of us will be participating in both. but, this thread is for the xbox version only, so keep that in mind at all times!

* I've sent everyone on my buddylist a message with the sign-in info, but i'm posting here as well
* LEGIT TOURNAMENT! no cheesing (and madden 2005, contrary to popular belief, will not be free of cheese)

* Remember, the madden servers probably won't be up and completely stable for about a week after release. It sucks that it won't be up and 100% reliable from day 1, but this is online gaming reality! So, don't get discouraged and lose interest and pout about it! It's going to happen, don't be surprised

* Don't even bother posting in this thread if you aren't going to particpate. It's only wasting everyones time, and then we have to scramble to find people when you flake

* As of right now, the official quarter length for RANKED games is going to be 4 minutes. This is according to EA themselves. This is going to be a RANKED tournament. It sucks, and I wish they would boost the quarter lengths to 5 mins at least, but what are you gonna do?
--------

TO SIGN UP:

1. Go to Game Modes
2. Go to Online Events
3. Go to Search Tournament
4. Find the tournament named Gaf 3
5. Enter password: Champ

To save time, we're just going to do it like this: first come first serve, but you don't have to post it here. Just go on XBL and sign in! If you aren't a member of GA then don't sign in! Lets get this done quick ladies! good luck

and, just like last year, i'll start listing past champs!

1. Gunstar77 - Philadelphia Eagles (defeated Buccaneers/DMczaf 12-7)
2. DMczaf - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (defeated Cardinals/FMT 37-18)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty cant pass with the Ravens....I wanted to see if I could :p

Slo

I can enlist a friend of mine? He will show up and won't cheese. He's also ranked around 1500.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
come on dudes! i get reamed for having an 8 man only tourney last time, then when i do 16 people dont show up!

I think 8 is the way to do, IMO. Takes to freakin' long to get 16 players. I signed up with the Texans.

Mrbob

I'm in.

I think we got 12/16

I don't get it we have a ton of posts in the xbox madden rollcall thread yet the tourneys don't fill up!

hgplayer1

8 really is the right number if you want only GA people playing. I just dont understand why only certain people were given the password to the last one. maybe you should annouce the tourney and then send out passwords in the order that people PM you requesting the password?

Mrbob

Well, how about this idea.

Reserve spots for people who have normally played in all the tourneys. Then we'll see how many spots are left open, and the first ones to post in this thread get the name and pass PM to them. I like keeping the tourneys somewhat closed because you never know if someone from the outside is actually going to play their game. With each tourney we can sort of build up the reserve spots and once we hit 16 that is it.

hgplayer1

ok how about just mixing it up a little then? like for some just invite the people you want in and for others leave it up to some kind of lotto and send passwords out to whoever posts first. I think 8 is a good number cause it gets filled quick and the that means the tourney should be done quick too.

it would be impossible to have a 12 man tourney and have it be even. this is how it wouldu go for instance:

1 vs 6
2 vs 5
3 vs 4

1 vs 6
2 vs 5
3 vs 4

then, round 2

1 vs 2
3 (plays nobody?)

so, the only way to fix it would be to randomly assign "bye" weeks, but then who decides who gets the bye and so on etc. this is the only way to do it. what they SHOULD have done is allow longer than 48 hours to check in

Fifty

it's up? I went to it and it said it was expired.....Even though on my "tournament players" ea messenger page it said I faced you. Try going to the tourny room.

hgplayer1

I think when the tourneys expire it still sends you the email saying the tourney has advanced. gonna go see if it shows to be expired.

Fifty

I don't think the tourny is active. Is it?

I know it says we face X player, but if we can't get into the room I think that means it was cancelled. Hmmmm

Anyway, I sure hope it's over, because I won't be able to play games past thursday.

cubanb

Banned
damn id play, but my xbox got banned from live, my xbox is modded and i forgot to load it up via the ms OS rather than the evox:(

anyone know anyone that wants to buy madden for the xbox??? been used like twice

Top Bottom