• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Smokey

Yeah, my first. What do we have, 3 Madden GAF players that are having their first kid this year?

oh snap, extra congrats then.

yes - me, fmt and now you.

i'm first in line (march) and fmt i think is sometime in late summer?

march is coming SUPER quick

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hi did we Vance? I'm headed into my bye week.

I'm just glad I'm over the defensive part of my schedule. I HD to play against Sherman, Peterson, and Norman in consecutive weeks. Time for OBJ to shine!

Hi did we Vance? I'm headed into my bye week.
we vanced last night, and then you played az

latest

Smokey

I prefer red wine, but thought I'd give it a try. I anxiously await Bowser's expert analysis.

edit: my own analysis -- 5/10. meh. gonna finish this bottle doe

DJ Bowser

bowser on a scale of

"cheep college kid" to "meh", how bad is yellow tail?
I mean, yellowtail, barefoot, little penguin, etc are shity wines but some varietals (Cabernet, Shiraz, and to a lesser extent merlot) can be drinkable albeit simple wines.

If there is a Trader Joe's near you, you can find a lot more enjoyable wines at the same price. I can give some specific recommendations that I like a lot.

It seems to be a lot easier to produce drinkable red wines for cheap prices than whites. Or it could just be my palette. I can't find whites I like for under $15 for the most part. There are plenty of reds I like for half the price.

Smokey

I mean, yellowtail, barefoot, little penguin, etc are shity wines but some varietals (Cabernet, Shiraz, and to a lesser extent merlot) can be drinkable albeit simple wines.

If there is a Trader Joe's near you, you can find a lot more enjoyable wines at the same price. I can give some specific recommendations that I like a lot.

It seems to be a lot easier to produce drinkable red wines for cheap prices than whites. Or it could just be my palette. I can't find whites I like for under $15 for the most part. There are plenty of reds I like for half the price.

so you just ignore my wine question?!

I do in fact have one by me

Would you recommend the Three Buck Chuck

What's a good Rhone that's cheap?

DJ Bowser

so you just ignore my wine question?!
I don't know that producer but I'm generally not a fan of Sauvignon Blancs unless it's from a higher tier producer. Too much citrus and grass. Some people swear by the likes of Kim Crawford though. I like the occasional Sancerre if I'm drinking Sauv Blanc.

I don't recommend the two buck chucks, Phee, but I have a few names I like.

La Finca is a Spanish Cabernet there I believe. Pretty decent.
La Granga is a Tempranillo from Rioja if I recall that I like.
Panilonco Carmenere from Chile is one I get 2-3 bottles of every time I go. Really nice fruit-driven wine with some savory, smoky notes.
Valres Cote Du Rhone from France is pretty great. Awesome value for a French wine. Much more accommodating to the American palette than most French wines.

Those are the ones I recall off the top of my head.

Smokey

I don't know that producer but I'm generally not a fan of Sauvignon Blancs unless it's from a higher tier producer. Too much citrus and grass. Some people swear by the likes of Kim Crawford though. I like the occasional Sancerre if I'm drinking Sauv Blanc.

Think I see what you mean. It's not bad, but definitely has a citrusy taste to it. Finishing this bottle tho and it's doing it's job. Think I just like reds more. I fuks with merlot.

DJ Bowser

Think I see what you mean. It's not bad, but definitely has a citrusy taste to it. Finishing this bottle tho and it's doing it's job. Think I just like reds more. I fuks with merlot.
Yeah, there nothing wrong with a lot of citrus and grass, it just isn't what I like.

Reds are definitely a lot easier to find quality at a decent price. At home, I almost exclusively drink reds and sparkling unless I'm cooking something I particularly want to pair with a certain white.

My favorites whites are Burgandies. Getting them for a reasonable price is nearly impossible so outside of for work, I don't get to drink them too often.

you're light AF right

you should come play 2k

that's what you do

brentech

GG Brent. I got some really lucky plays that ended up being the difference.

And congrats on the kid.

I got stuck in that fucking dumb ass camera view when trying to view play art. Otherwise it was a decent game that I just played poorly, but fuck that view is so annoying and screws with your eyes. We both had a terrible first half of the game.

Playing around with offenses and tried the Ravens book, which actually felt really similiar to the Packers so I can't say it did anything for me. Just going to keep random selecting my playbook and hope for the best.
Also FMT, I think my team's confidence needs neutralized, lol. Barnridge with at least a drop per game, but I think my rookies are the confidence problems and I have 5 guys that are first time starters or rookies playing.

I got stuck in that fucking dumb ass camera view when trying to view play art. Otherwise it was a decent game that I just played poorly, but fuck that view is so annoying and screws with your eyes. We both had a terrible first half of the game.

Playing around with offenses and tried the Ravens book, which actually felt really similiar to the Packers so I can't say it did anything for me. Just going to keep random selecting my playbook and hope for the best.
Also FMT, I think my team's confidence needs neutralized, lol. Barnridge with at least a drop per game, but I think my rookies are the confidence problems and I have 5 guys that are first time starters or rookies playing.

ill do a confidence reset this week. i try to do it every 3 or 4 weeks in the season but sometimes forget. they sure could make it easier if they had a "reset all teams confidence?" button... but they dont. i have to go one by one and the cursor automatically goes back to the top after i reset each team

DJ Bowser

ill do a confidence reset this week. i try to do it every 3 or 4 weeks in the season but sometimes forget. they sure could make it easier if they had a "reset all teams confidence?" button... but they dont. i have to go one by one and the cursor automatically goes back to the top after i reset each team

Some teams you probably don't need to worry about it. At worst, everyone on my team has neutral confidence. Most are positive.

I'd imagine you, the Eagles, Texans, Cheifs, etc probably don't need any time wasted resetting confidence.

Top Bottom