• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

I think I am done playing games that start after 10:30 CT
My record is usually trash to mediocre but nothing good has ever happened after these times

Greg

for once it wasn't the QB letting me down!

those shoe tackles and every contested ball going your way drove me nuts

smokey breaking the AI

you've met your match greggo
cBj1LTf.png

Smokey

those tackles saved 2 tds. on that 3rd down in my territory, and then on the screen in the 2nd half. I was manually playing S and saw the screen, but got leveled by the blockers. The LB made the shoestring tackle to save the day.

I guess you could say I manipulated the AI to save a potential 14 points

Somnia

GG Trasher

Felt like one of those games that Madden decided the outcome, but I couldn't lay on the points after getting the picks. I knew 100% it was madden decided on that 2 point conversion of yours.

Trasher

GG Trasher

Felt like one of those games that Madden decided the outcome, but I couldn't lay on the points after getting the picks. I knew 100% it was madden decided on that 2 point conversion of yours.

I felt like everything was going against me. Especially with my WRs and their route running lol. I could not catch a break even when I had receivers running wide open. That 2 point conversion was hilarious...lol.

GG!

Greg

those tackles saved 2 tds. on that 3rd down in my territory, and then on the screen in the 2nd half. I was manually playing S and saw the screen, but got leveled by the blockers. The LB made the shoestring tackle to save the day.

I guess you could say I manipulated the AI to save a potential 14 points
that toss play in the red zone I was so damn happy with too because I had never run it before and it was out of the same formation I did that PA rollout earlier... was expecting you to play that side since I love PA in those situations

blocks set up perfectly, but I didn't expect to have to run 10 yards directly towards the sidelines just to get out of magnet range

my rookie WR needs work too... 2 deep throws with only a guy over top and he didn't even attempt to play the ball - at worst I thought both of those would be incomplete

Smokey

that toss play in the red zone I was so damn happy with too because I had never run it before and it was out of the same formation I did that PA rollout earlier... was expecting you to play that side since I love PA in those situations

blocks set up perfectly, but I didn't expect to have to run 10 yards directly towards the sidelines just to get out of magnet range

my rookie WR needs work too... 2 deep throws with only a guy over top and he didn't even attempt to play the ball - at worst I thought both of those would be incomplete

Does your rookie WR have aggressive catch? I thought someone mentioned that not all WRs have every type of catch available, until they are a certain rating.

Greg

holy shit - that might explain that then

so triangle isn't even an option if they don't have it? (I have prompts turned off, so I have no clue if that's a thing)

holy shit - that might explain that then

so triangle isn't even an option if they don't have it? (I have prompts turned off, so I have no clue if that's a thing)

Yes, the three different types of catches are dependent on the receiver and if they have them unlocked.

Many only have 2/3 unlocked, go look at the XP menu and see what they have if you want to see.

I think I've had receivers that don't have that catch in the menus, but I've been able to press the button

Whether or not it was successful is something else

Greg

damn, I never knew that - I'll have to check if he has it next time I'm on

I'm used to receivers queuing up at least some kind of animation when it's pressed... maybe the balls were just a bit overthrown and he never had a chance to make a play though

Smokey

Hopkins doesn't have the RAC trait, but I know for a fact that I've used it. I used it on the fly route on his TD in the Jags game. Maybe if you don't have the trait it doesn't auto select and you have to manually change to it (which I did).

edit: Yep -- play is at 00:54:10. I manually changed to RAC from Possession.

Greg

never even crossed my mind - I thought it was just a normal addition to the passing game for more control (why wouldn't Hopkins have all 3 anyways?!)

or maybe it works regardless, but isn't as effective?

eznark

Banned
wattdance.0.gif

can eznark name each of these dances that his Wisconsin brethren is doing here

I can name all three birch.

He opens with the "Look at Me" followed by the "high school" and finished up with "cornball cracka"

Guy is such an attention whore.

DJ Bowser

never even crossed my mind - I thought it was just a normal addition to the passing game for more control (why wouldn't Hopkins have all 3 anyways?!)

or maybe it works regardless, but isn't as effective?
I think the packages are just what types of catches the AI will do for them.

Mckay has made some aggressive catches and a lot of RAC and I don't think he has either package.

Greg

I guess I've always pressed the button myself on a deep ball - never knew the CPU was capable of deciding to aggressive catch it for you

Top Bottom