• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb. 9-10th Primary/Caucus Thread (Obama = Weekend Sweep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice said:
She hasn't lost yet, and I'd still say her various political machinery puts her in the lead as of today. But if she were to lose...

When someone with as much hubris and selfishness as Hillary Clinton watches her glorious sand castle get washed away by a sea of genuine enthusiasm to make the world a better place.

I've wanted to see this woman be humiliated for years. The fact it can be a positive force like Obama to do it is just too delicious to tear my eyes away.

I didn't declare her the loser! But things are increasingly not going her way and with each primary. it looks like her coronation is slipping further and further away.

Triumph

Banned
Cheebs said:
Are we going to switch to a Feb 12th "Beltway" Primary thread soon?
Ruroni mentioned something about doing one later tonight or tomorrow. I actually started to do one an hour ago but didn't feel like pulling together all the information necessary to do the thread right.

59/41 at 87% reporting, Hillary, even going 100/0 on the next 13% cannot win.

emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif

Sharp

RiskyChris said:
59/41 at 87% reporting, Hillary, even going 100/0 on the next 13% cannot win.

emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
emot-obama.gif
Excellent. I'm glad I was wrong about this one. Who would have predicted a crushing victory in Maine? Well, other than lefty, of course.

Instigator said:
Grandjedi seems to know what I mean.

Everything she's worked for through the years, all the planning, the meticulous scheming to culminate to this growing public embarassment.

Bear in mind, this wouldn't make me support her, but I can recognize that she's worked and endured a lot to get where she is now. Most of it is just personal ambition rather than just selfless public service, I know, that's why I'm emphasizing feeling just a little sorry for her.

I don't think she's done yet, but I'd imagine the thought is finally creeping into her mind now. She's been planning this for some time, and it must be painful to watch someone come out of nowhere and kick ass/take names like Obama is doing right now.

The Clintons haven't been on the ropes like this since Monica. They overcame a little blue dress, but can they defeat this giant black man? I don't know anymore. I still think Texas is her's to lose, but my hopes for Ohio went out the window a few hours ago.

Triumph

Banned
If he can gain one more percentage point on her in the last 13% outstanding, it will be a two delegate swing from 15-9 to 16-8. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

Triumph

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I don't think she's done yet, but I'd imagine the thought is finally creeping into her mind now. She's been planning this for some time, and it must be painful to watch someone come out of nowhere and kick ass/take names like Obama is doing right now.

The Clintons haven't been on the ropes like this since Monica. They overcame a little blue dress, but can they defeat this giant black man? I don't know anymore. I still think Texas is her's to lose, but my hopes for Ohio went out the window a few hours ago.
WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE, MAURICE?

Triumph said:
If he can gain one more percentage point on her in the last 13% outstanding, it will be a two delegate swing from 15-9 to 16-8. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

He needs roughly 2/3 of the rest of the 13% of the precincts to swing that.

Oh what the fuck, CNN has nothing on the front page about Maine.

Fuck that network.

If Hilldawg had won by even 0.1% they'd have that shit plastered everwhere.

Triumph

Banned
RiskyChris said:
Oh what the fuck, CNN has nothing on the front page about Maine.

Fuck that network.

If Hilldawg had won by even 0.1% they'd have that shit plastered everwhere.
Well, the good news is I don't think they're going to have to worry about running a story like that for a while.

keanerie

It's been a crazy weekend for Obama supporters here in ME. From the rally in Bangor on Saturday to the caucuses today, it's just been a huge wave of momentum - there's something real and motivated in the people here right now.

So to anyone thanking us: YOU'RE WELCOME.

:D

Haunted

Man, I used the last hour to read up on everything that happened since Saturday - I'm totally in an Obama fever right now. The man's so awesome.

Someone up to obama-fy my avatar? please? :)

AmishNazi

Banned
Hootie said:
Going by pledged delegates only he is up by over 60.

God I fucking hate super delegates..... If they decide the election against the popular vote all the work Obama has done to get the youth interested again is fucked. Which is sad.

Juice

GenericPseudonym said:
As much as I'd like Barack to win the nomination I don't think he'll win Texas, Ohio or Pennsylvania. Hopefully, I'll be surprised.

Ohio is no more in Clinton's bag than Maine was. Only thing she has going for her there is the fact it's a primary state, but even that could well be overcome by the amount of time and momentum Obama will have leading up to it.

GenericPseudonym said:
As much as I'd like Barack to win the nomination I don't think he'll win Texas, Ohio or Pennsylvania. Hopefully, I'll be surprised.

I will personally deliver Pennsylvania for Obama. Bank on it! :lol

GenericPseudonym said:
If Obama doesn't win Texas, I'll be very upset. >:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom