• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb. 9-10th Primary/Caucus Thread (Obama = Weekend Sweep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rur0ni

Hootie said:
Alright bitch, then get to making the Feb. 12th Primary Thread! :D
I already uploaded the necessary data to my website, I'm just busy with stuff at the moment with people. It will be done tonight.

Dice Man said:
You'd probably be better off contacting your local superdelegate.

Oh I'll do that too. Hopefully when the race gets to my state, NC, it will be over and Hillary will gracefully and strategically bow out.

mj1108

duketogo88 said:
I have a hunch there will be much letter writing to super delegates in the weeks to come.

Here's a question I think a few of us have: Who are these SuperDelegates? How did they become SuperDelegates? Who says "ok, you're a SuperDelegate for Obama and you're one for Billary"??? Where do they live? (ok maybe not the last question)...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Juice said:
It's not unexpected, because as the establishment candidate, she has a lot of DNC members either working for or closely associated with her campaign. Those who are probably already committed to her publicly. Therefore, I doubt she'll see a disproportionate rush of other DNC supers to follow her.

What's more likely is that the remaining ones will do whatever's best for the party (i.e. not rigging the election)

Alot of the DNC members left have vowed neutrality. But it'll be interesting to see what they do if they get to convention. One would think they would follow Dean's compromise idea. But you never know with the Clintons. This could become a Dean vs Clinton showdown part 2 for all we know

grandjedi6

mj1108 said:
Here's a question I think a few of us have: Who are these SuperDelegates? How did they become SuperDelegates? Who says "ok, you're a SuperDelegate for Obama and you're one for Billary"??? Where do they live? (ok maybe not the last question)...
Who are Superdelegates??

-Members of the Democratic National Committee
-The Current Democratic President and Vice-President (if applicable)
-All Democratic members of the United States House of Representatives and Senate
-All Democratic Governors
-All former Democratic Presidents, vice-Presidents, Leaders of the Senate, Speakers of the House, Minority Leaders and chairs of the DNC.

These 796 "superdelegates" are almost 16 percent of the 2,025 delegates (4,049 total) a candidate needs to secure the party's presidential nomination, while officially uncommitted and thus "unreplaceable", can publicly endorse a candidate, adding to his and her total.

There are also pledged delegates. Voters select delegates in primaries and caucuses through the country. Pledged delegates reflect the preferences of the voters, but are not actually legally bound to vote for the candidate they are pledged for. However, since candidates may remove delegates whom they feel may be disloyal, pledged delegates generally vote for the candidate they represent

Triumph

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Obama and Hillary are about even in elected democratic officials who are superdelegates. However Hillary's lead comes from DNC members who don't have to fear the public voting them out
Well, in theory then if he's got a lead of a couple hundred pledged delegates or so heading in to Denver, you'd expect that Hillary's elected super delegates will read the writing on the wall and go to Obama, especially if he keeps winning big.

Honestly tho, I don't expect it to get to that point. Personally I think Obama will pick up Edwards and Gore between now and March 4th, win Texas by double digits and eke out a smaller victory in Ohio. At that point she won't have won in a month and supers will start jumping ship if she doesn't do the right thing- which I doubt she will. It's going to be ugly to watch the political death of Hillary Clinton... she's going to thrash around like some prehistoric mammoth that the pygmies have been chucking spears at for weeks, finally dying but not before dragging anyone near her down with her in the dying throes. Personally I'm looking forward to it.

deadbeef

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

Also, all the superdelegates haven't even been identified yet.

Hootie

Triumph said:
she's going to thrash around like some prehistoric mammoth that the pygmies have been chucking spears at for weeks, finally dying but not before dragging anyone near her down with her in the dying throes. Personally I'm looking forward to it.

That's very...descriptive. :lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Triumph said:
Well, in theory then if he's got a lead of a couple hundred pledged delegates or so heading in to Denver, you'd expect that Hillary's elected super delegates will read the writing on the wall and go to Obama, especially if he keeps winning big.

Honestly tho, I don't expect it to get to that point. Personally I think Obama will pick up Edwards and Gore between now and March 4th, win Texas by double digits and eke out a smaller victory in Ohio. At that point she won't have won in a month and supers will start jumping ship if she doesn't do the right thing- which I doubt she will. It's going to be ugly to watch the political death of Hillary Clinton... she's going to thrash around like some prehistoric mammoth that the pygmies have been chucking spears at for weeks, finally dying but not before dragging anyone near her down with her in the dying throes. Personally I'm looking forward to it.

:lol

As am I.

The arrogance of Hillary will be her downfall.

grandjedi6

GhaleonEB said:
Is't the # button when you reply. Next to the quote button.
How the hell did I miss that for all these years?

Triumph said:

Yeah. If Obama pulls an upset in Texas or Ohio, and grabs some big endorsements then nothing Hillary does can stop him. But if they stay even like this...

Haunted

Triumph said:
It's going to be ugly to watch the political death of Hillary Clinton... she's going to thrash around like some prehistoric mammoth that the pygmies have been chucking spears at for weeks, finally dying but not before dragging anyone near her down with her in the dying throes. Personally I'm looking forward to it.
:eek:

"I need an EMT, Somebody just fainted" :lol :lol :lol
thats what made this speech different than the last few that I've seen.

edit: and can one of the mods allow me to change my avatar, I don't know who picked this one, but I've been trying to change it to an Obama avatar for a while now.

KRS7

mj1108 said:
:lol fainted at the Obama rally.

He IS Jesus.

I laughed at that too. Obama needing to call for an EMT at the end of his speech. But the funny thing is that is probably not the first time that happened.

grandjedi6

Tamanon said:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/10/politics/main3813759.shtml

CBS claims Obama is now up by 3 delegates even after counting the Superdelegates. Very nice.
grandjedi6 said:
Yeah, those CBS numbers are pretty much crap. Of all the media and neutral calculations, CBS gives Hillary the lowest amount of superdelegates by a pretty big margin. Meanwhile they have one of the higher Obama counts. Actually, their Hillary superdelegates are actually lower than the official endorsements that DCW tracks.

Amir0x

Banned
BETTER THAN JESUS AND JFK BOTH

(nice to hear CBS think he might pull ahead slightly even counting Hillary's absurd superdelegate counting)

tralfazz

Locally here in the east side of PA, rep Joe Sestak was all to glad to be interviewed by one of the affiliates about being a super. To paraphrase, he doesn't give a shit if Obama wins his town, his district or his state, he is flat out voting Hillary and he doesn't give a shit if you care becasue he has the power to do so.

Amazing piece of video that they teased. If I find it in the next couple of days I'll be sure to post it.

grandjedi6 said:
How the hell did I miss that for all these years?

Yeah. If Obama pulls an upset in Texas or Ohio, and grabs some big endorsements then nothing Hillary does can stop him. But if they stay even like this...

It's only "even" if you haven't been paying attention. He erased her lead in nearly every demographic on super tuesday, and has been absolutely slaughtering her in every primary since then. Northern states, southern states, the midwest, minority heavy states, primarily white states....

and there's no sign of it slowing down. CBS's estimates might be a bit questionable, but there's nobody who is going to dispute that this tuesday is going to be UGLY for clinton. Double digit losses in all three states that give obama the undisputed lead.

Zeed

Banned
Schattenjagger said:
I'm not in the mood to check..
so I'll ask now:

Have Cheebs and Phoenix Dark begun the backpeddling process?
Begun? Cheebs has completed it. He's got an Obama avatar and is now a member of the NeoGAFers for Obama group.

PD has only started though.

KRS7 said:
Anyone ever play spot the Secret Service agents during these rallies?
The uniformed ones aren't hard to spot. They're usually huge black guys with earpieces and deadly expressions on their faces.

Amir0x

Banned
tralfazz said:
Locally here in the east side of PA, rep Joe Sestak was all to glad to be interviewed by one of the affiliates about being a super. To paraphrase, he doesn't give a shit if Obama wins his town, his district or his state, he is flat out voting Hillary and he doesn't give a shit if you care becasue he has the power to do so.

Amazing piece of video that they teased. If I find it in the next couple of days I'll be sure to post it.

I'll write to Joe Sestak and tell him to suck my massive cock and to make sure he swallows after I'm done.

mj1108

tralfazz said:

Contact link for Joe Sestak:

http://sestak.house.gov/contact.shtml

GAF, get ahold of him and tell him he better vote Obama.

grandjedi6

Manmademan said:
It's only "even" if you haven't been paying attention. He erased her lead in nearly every demographic on super tuesday, and has been absolutely slaughtering her in every primary since then. Northern states, southern states, the midwest, minority heavy states, primarily white states....

and there's no sign of it slowing down. CBS's estimates might be a bit questionable, but there's nobody who is going to dispute that this tuesday is going to be UGLY for clinton. Double digit losses in all three states that give obama the undisputed lead.

By "even" I meant right this moment, and refering to the media's opinion. It will be the media who finished off Hillary more than anyone else, so until they all start spouting an Obama victory, Hillary and Obama are pretty much even

Manmademan said:
Goddammit that guy WAS my rep when I still lived in the burb. What an assclown
Man I hated Hillary even before I knew of Obama. Who the fuck can support her besides 60+ women who want to see a female president in their lifetime? I will be super pissed if she wins. Dibs on the rioting!

However, if Obama wins I will volunteer for his campaign and do as much as I can to assure a solid win in November.

Triumph

Banned
Schattenjagger said:
I'm not in the mood to check..
so I'll ask now:

Have Cheebs and Phoenix Dark begun the backpeddling process?
Cheebs yes, Pee Dee no.

grandjedi6 said:
Like this? She's been getting her ass kicked for five straight elections, with 4 of the next 5 pretty much set to be the same. If she's shut out between Super Tuesday and March 4th in addition to the money troubles and campaign shake up, the media will destroy her campaign. And rightfully so.

grandjedi6

Joe Sestak isn't moving from Hillary camp guys. He endorsed her months ago and is a part of her base of endorsements.

Triumph said:
Cheebs yes, Pee Dee no.

Like this? She's been getting her ass kicked for five straight elections, with 4 of the next 5 pretty much set to be the same. If she's shut out between Super Tuesday and March 4th in addition to the money troubles and campaign shake up, the media will destroy her campaign. And rightfully so.
You'll probably be right. But the media is an odd beast so I don't know when they will jump on the Hillary is doomed train. And even then, if she wins Texas and Ohio they will jump onto the comeback kid train

gcubed

Juice said:
Meet the Press predicted that GAF would go after all the super delegates this morning :lol

and to think i voted for this bitch. Thanks for the link, i'm ashamed that he's representing my area.

grandjedi6 said:
By "even" I meant right this moment, and refering to the media's opinion. It will be the media who finished off Hillary more than anyone else, so until they all start spouting an Obama victory, Hillary and Obama are pretty much even

expect the media to start referring to Obama as "the frontrunner" once the delegate/superdelegate split becomes irrelevant on tuesday.

Then it's alllll downhill for clinton from there

Amir0x

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Joe Sestak isn't moving from Hillary camp guys. He endorsed her months ago and is a part of her base of endorsements.

Of course! But all the more reason for him to grab my gargantuan cock and suck that shit dry until he begs for my load.

I fucking hate this superdelegate bullshit, and corrupt Washington. This shit needs to change.

The Lamonster said:
Sounds like Joe Sestak is an enormous tool.

and considering he won his spot by razor thin margins (unseating long time incumbent curt weldon, if I'm not mistaken) you'd think he'd be just a little more humble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom