• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official February 19th Primary/Caucus Thread (OBAMA wins so does McCain but really..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Master Thespian said:
Silly man. That's only because proud African Americans came out. Or they were caucus states. Or...erm.. If she wins Texas and/or Ohio, they will count. Only votes for Clinton count. See: New York election results for further proof.

Winning is no longer a qualification to be concerned with when the super delegates choose the nominee. I think this leaves even the states that vote for Clinton teetering on the brink of insignificance

Clinton's strategist, Mark Penn, tried to downplay the importance of momentum to Obama, who now has a string of eight consecutive wins. "Winning Democratic primaries is not a qualification for who can win the general election," he told a conference call with reporters.

sangreal said:
Winning is no longer a qualification to be concerned with when the super delegates choose the nominee. I think this leaves even the states that vote for Clinton teetering on the brink of insignificance

The Florida and Michigan votes did not count according to Mrs. Clinton herself. Now that she needs them, they do count. Mrs. Clinton reserves the right to change her mind and the rules to fit her needs. The sooner you realize this, the better off you will all be.

Master Thespian said:
The Florida and Michigan votes did not count according to Mrs. Clinton herself. Now that she needs them, they do count. Mrs. Clinton reserves the right to change her mind and the rules to fit her needs. The sooner you realize this, the better off you will all be.

you are a Hopemonger aren't you?

Loudninja

Hugs for everyone

mccain_bush_hug_713122.jpg

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that if obama wins wisconsin and hawaii hes going to steamroll hillary all the way to the nomination.

gobama!

Cheebs

Francois the Great said:
im gonna go out on a limb here and say that if obama wins wisconsin and hawaii hes going to steamroll hillary all the way to the nomination.

gobama!
he's expected to win both, it will probably just build. He needs an upset win like Ohio or Texas to end this fight.

Cheebs said:
he's expected to win both, it will probably just build. He needs an upset win like Ohio or Texas to end this fight.

i know. i meant that i think if he wins wisconsin then it's going to propel him to a victory in at least texas.

sangreal

Smiles and Cries said:
is DailyKos pro Obama?

You have to view it at a user by user level, since the stories are all essentially blog posts by users.

But yes, most of the users are pro-Obama, which is to be expected from a progressive community

zou

Master Thespian said:
Silly man. That's only because proud African Americans came out. Or they were caucus states. Or...erm.. If she wins Texas and/or Ohio, they will count. Only votes for Clinton count. See: New York election results for further proof.

No, the latest spin is that victories in primaries don't matter ;)

Top Clinton Adviser Says Superdelegates Will Decide Election, Obama’s Victories ‘Irrelevant’
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/...es-irrelevant/

Zeed

Banned
Francois the Great said:

gobama!
A problem facing Obama in Wisconsin is the open polling here. Republicans who support McCain are likely to not even vote for him and go ahead and vote for Hillary because they think McCain has a better shot against her.

We'll see if that number is great enough to actually cause Obama to lose.

Deus Ex Machina said:
A problem facing Obama in Wisconsin is the open polling here. Republicans who support McCain are likely to not even vote for him and go ahead and vote for Hillary because they think McCain has a better shot against her.

I'd say that number would be easily balanced out by the number of republicans who simply hate hillary and cast a vote for Obama just to eliminate the POSSIBILITY of her getting into office.

Remember, both dem candidates are polling higher than mccain right now. The best chance conservatives have to prevent another clinton in the white house is to vote obama.

Roxas

Deus Ex Machina said:

I think they had the same situation in Virginia and it worked out fine for Obama

Zeed

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:

Republicans went 80% for Obama in Virginia, so I'm going to hope that the trend holds here.

Tamanon

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:

Er....actually open polling throughout this election has greatly benefited Obama.

Tamanon said:
Er....actually open polling throughout this election has greatly benefited Obama.

The recent polls showing Obama takes McCain in a general might change this. I just hope that the republican's overriding hate for Mrs. Clinton will not desert us in our time of need.

Master Thespian said:
The recent polls showing Obama takes McCain in a general might change this. I just hope that the republican's overriding hate for Mrs. Clinton will not desert us in our time of need.

Those polls arent recent. Obama has been polling higher than Mccain for a very long time now...at least a couple months before virginia, the last open primary where Obama racked up a HUGE amount of republican voters compared to clinton.

Remember, the conservative base isn't really all that excited about mccain- he was simply the best option out of a shockingly weak field.

Manmademan said:
Those polls arent recent. Obama has been polling higher than Mccain for a very long time now...at least a couple months before virginia, the last open primary where Obama racked up a HUGE amount of republican voters compared to clinton.

Remember, the conservative base isn't really all that excited about mccain- he was simply the best option out of a shockingly weak field.

You are correct, my mistake. The difference between now and then is Obama's beating Clinton now. Why worry if he couldn't even beat someone in his own party? Now? Different story.

Master Thespian said:
You are correct, my mistake. The difference between now and then is Obama's beating Clinton now. Why worry if he couldn't even beat someone in his own party? Now? Different story.

the vast majority of the voting public isn't really glued to their sets watching poll numbers and delegate counts. They vote based on name recognition, gut instinct, and a few key policy positions...maybe.

Obama taking a slim lead over clinton isn't going to make one whit of difference. republican voters have consistently chosen obama over clinton when given the option in an open primary for many, MANY reasons..not the least of which is that Clinton just isn't a likeable candidate, and doesn't have a fraction of the charisma her husband did.

expect the events that played out in virginia to repeat themselves here as well as in texas.

So for the past couple days I have been doing some meetings with the Obama people to see how to help here in Texas, and what we have in Texas is confusing as hell.

I thought the different primary and caucus things were just different parts of the state, but I was wrong! Every precient in Texas has a primary, and a caucus that starts 15 minutes after the primary polls end and counts for a third of the vote. So...damned...weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom