• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will win the election and is more popular than Obama in 2008- AI system finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

USC-fan

Banned
Huh? Where were they when Obama won for two terms? I know you didn't mention it directly, but I see the argument thrown out there that the White Trump supporters are THAT energized and they will turn up in droves like never before. If they didn't in 2008 or 2012 to stop the first Black president, I can't see it happening now. What's the difference? Hillary is just that bad? I don't buy it. On the flip side many people are energized to stop Trump from becoming president.

It may shock you but most white people are not racist.

chrizzz09

But if Trump wins, then chances are the American Dollar is going to devalue, and us Europeans can finally buy the new MacBook Pros for reasonable prizes!

RedHill

Banned
What a flawed system. Look at the trump supporters on this site, I've seen two that aren't even American and can't vote

jiping

Neo Member
You're paying attention to a single national poll without looking at the broader picture, or electorate polling, which is far more accurate and in-depth than a single national poll. If you want to base something on a single poll, you definitely shouldn't look at the LA Times. You'll have a heart attack.

LA Times is a pro Trump outlier, but the Wapo/ABC tracking poll has been fair. Its D/R/I partisan sample is 37/28/29.

Why Clinton's advantage shrinks from +12 to +4 is beyond my understanding ???

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ha ok. I mean if people want to believe Trump will win at this point, good for them, sure. It's just, at this point it would be very hard to do without buying into conspiracies. But, educated Trump surrogates go on the news everyday and make the case he will and you can tell they are sincere in their belief that he will, so I guess at the very least, you're not alone.

I wouldn't put myself in with their lot. They're making the case for their candidate, so of course they'd make the case for him even if they were actually insincere about it.

Maxim726X

LA Times is a pro Trump outlier, but the Wapo/ABC tracking poll has been fair. Its D/R/I partisan sample is 37/28/29.

Why Clinton's advantage shrinks from +12 to +4 is beyond my understanding ???

Don't pay too much attention to outliers and day-to-day fluctuations... What matters is the aggregate, which still has her with a comfortable lead.

Read this: http://election.princeton.edu/2016/10/27/why-do-the-polls-seem-so-variable-this-week/#more-18322

For further comfort, look at this chart of Clinton's 'safe states', which has her already at 270 electoral votes: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html?_r=0#other-forecasts

All AIs become racist

KCBX4mL.png

Pejo

Gold Member
This reminds me of that Twitter AI that came into existence earlier this year, and then immediately became racist.

Not sure social media is a good predictor of presidential elections this year.

DR2K

Banned
Trump has taken this election and process and brought it to its knees. If you're talking about him it's not because he's popular, it's because he's notorious

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is this just about levels of "engagement?"

The majority of the Trump engagement is extremely negative. People love to hate the guy, for good reasons.

You know, if you're an AI programmer and your AI does something that looks utterly stupid, you usually quietly try to fix it instead of announcing it really loudly to everyone. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom