• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FF7 Remake Trailer breaks 7 million views on YouTube in less than a week

Tigress

I disagree with that entire statement. Everyone who even pays a little attention to games knows about Half Life.

Ok, all I know about Half life is that people keep wanting the third one to come out and it's become a big joke/meme about how something proves half life three is coming. Oh, and that people seem to really have loved it.

And that really is the extent of my knowledge of Half Life. Oh, console gamer here.

Ploid 3.0

Not quite as significant, but I'm happy to say my reaction video broke 200,000:

https://youtu.be/ieB51rHpQ4Q

I think I might have the second most-viewed FFVII reaction video after GT Live.

That unrestrained enthusiasm hasn't waned. I'm so happy we have entered the "holy shit the Remake is real" era.

Every time I watch it I have to start wiping my eyes with my shirt for some reason, it's not that I'm laughing too hard, or anything hah. So much hype and energy in that vid. Those theaters are worth going to, and this one was the best to go on I'm sure. Nothing will ever top this sony conference I believe.

SOLDIER

That's one of the most impressive things about the trailer too was how creepy it was, it felt really true to the OG and at the same time looked fucking insanely good. Check out the thread about what scenes must stay if you haven't yet. If they can pull this off, the world is going to be a better place hah. You going overboard is what makes that video awesome man, I salute you, and fuck it the people there were freaking out just like the rest of the world.

The one thing I still feel bad about is the "Who cares!?" with Devolver.

It was meant as a joke (and honestly, everyone around me nodded in agreement), but it was still douchey on my part.

Anth0ny

I've never seen so many of my Facebook friends who never talk about video games post this video.

The time is right to cash in on 90s nostalgia. Look at Jurassic World.

The trailer was perfectly done. The last few seconds when people were waiting to see if it really was a game and then bang!

tumblr_nq0pgxyRUo1qkxf5no4_500.gif

I love they didnt even put the title. Just the logo then remake.

Ploid 3.0

Ok, all I know about Half life is that people keep wanting the third one to come out and it's become a big joke/meme about how something proves half life three is coming. Oh, and that people seem to really have loved it.

And that really is the extent of my knowledge of Half Life. Oh, console gamer here.

The Half Life situation is indeed sad. I think Valve should just release a movie to wrap up the Half Life 2 Episode 2 cliffhanger. They are good at movies as they had time to get experience from the TF2 shorts and it's short movie. Just do it like TF2's bread movie and tie everything into a bow. I doubt Valve care about making a Half Life anymore when they have even bigger money makers in it's F2P games and steam royalties. Making Half Life 3 will probably have the burden of not living up to expectations especially since they sat on it for so long. Other FPS games have come and gone, and HL3 will have a hard task with trying to be unique.

antitrop

I still dont understand what the guys is talking about in the trailer.
The narrator is talking directly to fans that have been anxiously anticipating this Remake. If it doesn't seem like the narrator is talking directly to you while watching the trailer, then you're probably not a big FF7 fan.

ctothej

Not quite as significant, but I'm happy to say my reaction video broke 200,000:

https://youtu.be/ieB51rHpQ4Q

I think I might have the second most-viewed FFVII reaction video after GT Live.

That unrestrained enthusiasm hasn't waned. I'm so happy we have entered the "holy shit the Remake is real" era.

I love how many of the commenters have never played the original, but are still hyped as hell. I could honestly see this surpassing XV in sales.

D23

this game will make so much money, i know a lot of people who stopped playing video games but will get ps4 just to play this remake. the thirst is real

Percy

Banned
it's pretty literal. We( as in the audience) remember the original game, we didn't forget the story/characters, we knew they would come back, and now they are coming back.

Could also be interpreted to maybe have a double meaning referring to "the Reunion" that's a major point of the game's plot? I dunno.

hodgy100

The trailer was perfectly done. The last few seconds when people were waiting to see of it really was a game and then bang!

tumblr_nq0pgxyRUo1qkxf5no4_500.gif

I love they didnt even put the title. Just the logo then remake.

they are remaking advent children. and it will release on ps4 only :D

Meowster

It is shocking (in a good way) as the Final Fantasy series was declining in viewership and streaming on YouTube. Hopefully this will make a turnaround for the series and make some of their trailers and such more popular. Final Fantasy VII is just one huge beast.

Cidd

The narrator is talking directly to fans that have been anxiously anticipating this Remake. If it doesn't seem like the narrator is talking directly to you while watching the trailer, then you're probably not a big FF7 fan.

This is how I interpret it also. But I think the trailer has double meaning, it's also kinda describing the events that happened in the game which is brilliant.

This is how I interpret it also. But I think the trailer has double meaning, it's also kinda describing the events that happened in the game which is brilliant.

Yep.

"The memory of the star that threatened all burns eternal in our hearts"

The moment that happened I fucking knew it was about Meteor and FF7, but I never expected it was actually a remake until I saw the word on screen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Could also be interpreted to maybe have a double meaning referring to "the Reunion" that's a major point of the game's plot? I dunno.

they definitely chose their words carefully. i'm sure the use of the word was reunion was intentional due to its association to the plot and what the reunion in the game was.

Miang

Perfect trailer is perfect.

I always kinda thought an announcement trailer would be like the PS3 demo - recreating an iconic game scene, everyone goes wild. But this was even better - starting on the outskirts and slowly drawing further into Midgar, a huge, busy city, showing all the people going about their lives, going further and further in to the slums, Interspersed with all the little nods that fans would recognise (slide on the playground, a flower in the church etc). Then that Cloud and Barrett reveal. Fucking hell Nomura.

They totally nailed the feel of Midgar, imo.

jiggle

Perfect trailer is perfect.

I always kinda thought an announcement trailer would be like the PS3 demo - recreating an iconic game scene, everyone goes wild. But this was even better - starting on the outskirts and slowly drawing further into Midgar, a huge, busy city, showing all the people going about their lives, going further and further in to the slums, Interspersed with all the little nods that fans would recognise (slide on the playground, a flower in the church etc). Then that Cloud and Barrett reveal. Fucking hell Nomura.

They recreated that scene twice already
SO glad they made something new and better, yet still harkens back to the original

I was watching it and, well, it started with World of Final Fantasy....

Twitter, so read bottom to top:

gHiPueH.png

Then Shenmue III was happening before I even could process FFVIII.

I was "mildly enthusiastic". I never even mentioned what happened, I just assumed everyone knew, apparently.

Tigress

The Half Life situation is indeed sad. I think Valve should just release a movie to wrap up the Half Life 2 Episode 2 cliffhanger. They are good at movies as they had time to get experience from the TF2 shorts and it's short movie. Just do it like TF2's bread movie and tie everything into a bow. I doubt Valve care about making a Half Life anymore when they have even bigger money makers in it's F2P games and steam royalties. Making Half Life 3 will probably have the burden of not living up to expectations especially since they sat on it for so long. Other FPS games have come and gone, and HL3 will have a hard task with trying to be unique.

So they actually ended 2 without resolving story and then said f* it, we're not finishing the story?

Man, that sucks. I hate it when companies do that (most of the experiences I've had are tv series, Pirates of Darkwater, the new Thundercats series are the two that stick out in my mind). At least with those I believe it just wasn't economically feasable, they didn't do well enough to continue putting money into them.

Doesn't seem like from what I've seen that Half LIfe is in the "it just is too much money for the money we'd make back" catagory. Granted as I said I don't know anything about Half life other than people want a third one. I didn't even know it was an FPS til you said that. But I got the impression it was pretty popular.

antitrop

Kyle Bosman: "You maniacs! What are you doing? MIDGAR LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT... WHAT ARE YOU... E3 WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" *standing on chair and screaming*

Bosman might as well have been me at that point, as well. :)

Kyle Bosman: "You maniacs! What are you doing? MIDGAR LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT... WHAT ARE YOU... E3 WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" *standing on chair and screaming*

Bosman might as well have been me at that point, as well. :)

I love their reactions in that video. It was the moment when cynical adults became kids again. I know because I felt it.

Lemondish

I have no idea how I'm going to survive the next two years waiting for this.

I mean, I'll definitely get through one full replay at least.

But after that...man, this wait is going to suck.

Totally expecting a late 2017 release, though. Gotta hit the 20th anniversary timing.

Top Bottom