• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FF7 Remake Trailer breaks 7 million views on YouTube in less than a week

They manufactured this demand, and they know they had a deploy nuke button. I don't understand why the felt the need to use it now when they don't really have a drought or lack of jrpgs in the works. I guess they feel it's better now than later.
Just because its not announced during a drought doesn't mean it wont release during a drought :^)

10m units sold world wide a good goal (for just PS4 version) ?

Maybe if it brings in a new crowd, in it's lifetime FF7 has sold 10.9 million (including lots of re-releases).

Also if I recall correctly it's also one of the most returned games ever, I still think around 7 million seems right and that would be impressive if it's a console exclusive.

dugdug

Banned
So, have Square said anything about what other platforms its coming to? We know where it's landing first, but, what about after that?

inner-G

Banned
If there was a possible XII-HD in the future, I don't think FF7 would have any affect on that game going forward since it'd probably be different people working on it.

I don't think they'd put them out at the same time as to not cannibalize their sales, and XII isn't a system seller

Hugstable

Banned
I don't think they'd put them out at the same time as to not cannibalize their sales, and XII isn't a system seller

FF7 is still quite a ways off so I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a XII HD come TGS or PSX to help fill the gaps between the other games releases.

Maxim726X

I feel that this is one of the biggest releases in the history of gaming. Even people who didn't play the game, or were too young to remember the release back in 1997, know of it. It has that kind of aura and history.

There will be a lot of new players who want to know what the hype is about. So yes, I believe that the game will sell gangbusters.

Shin

Banned
I wonder how much income that is for Sony (serious question)?
Not familiar with the pay through or YT pay out methods, I'm curious though.

I still dont understand what the guys is talking about in the trailer.

I think it's talking to us as gamers. The promise has been made that the remake is happening.

The reunion could bring joy or fear probably refers to people happy about the remake and those that fear/worry about how it will be done.

SerTapTap

So, have Square said anything about what other platforms its coming to? We know where it's landing first, but, what about after that?

I would be really, really surprised if it goes anywhere but PS4 and PC. It's not like Wii U would be a target anyway and if it's first on playstation I can only assume they bought out the ability to publish on Xbone for good considering Xbone's poor performance with Type 0/Japanese in general.

First bit he is talking about how the game was amazing, and people wanted a remake. "Wishful thinking" that we would see the game again.

Then:

The reunion-the game
May bring joy-people will like it
May bring fear-people scared it will suck/not live up to the original
Embrace whatever it brings, for they are coming back-WHO FUCKING CARES IT'S FF7

ConceptX

I sincerely hope this improves the console situation in Japan.

It might sound silly to place hopes on a single game, but if any single game could do it, this (+XV/KH3) really is the one.

The thirst absolutely is real, I'm seeing people who've never played a Final Fantasy title before getting on the hype train.

Was it ever confirmed the marketing campaign for FF7 OG was $100 million, or was it just the number tossed around?

FF7 OG was absolutely core to Playstation becoming a household name, many don't realise just how huge the campaign for FF7 was back in it's day, there was nothing of it's kind before, how fitting it would be if the remake would bring back the Japanese console market in a similar way.

It's just insane how important this game was/is.

RedAssedApe

Banned
First bit he is talking about how the game was amazing, and people wanted a remake. "Wishful thinking" that we would see the game again.

Then:

The reunion-the game
May bring joy-people will like it
May bring fear-people scared it will suck/not live up to the original
Embrace whatever it brings, for they are coming back-WHO FUCKING CARES IT'S FF7

yeah it was pretty clear once you realized they were showing midgar

Kyoufu

It was pretty straightforward.

"The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear, but let us embrace whatever it brings"

This is basically Nomura and his crew saying "Look, we know you're worried it may not live up to the original, but here is your remake, no matter how it may turn out, it's coming."

edit: I see I'm beaten.

Top Bottom