• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF NBA2K6 League - No non-GAF allowed!

DMczaf

Since Konex wants to screw up the league, I'll make my own! Sign up here!

DMczaf - Bulls
Matrix - Rockets
Fifty - Raptors
Wellie - Knicks
Jobber - Spurs
FMT - Heat

If you want to play in a league with a bunch of Bogs, go ahead and join Konex's league!

Cloudy

Banned
Eh, that's BS. 3 or 4 out of 16 guys are not going to ruin a league EVEN if they are all cheeseheads which these guys are not.

Sorry if I think it's a tad a-holish to get these guys excited about a league the majority here didn't give a crap about then just drop them when guys finally see the light...

konex no offense but i don't want to play in a league with a bunch of people not from the board. it is assholish, but time has proven it to be the ONLY effective way of running a decent league. we have tried outsiders before, and in at least 95% of the cases they flaked at some point. lets not make this mistake

i see 5 outsiders in already. that is 1/3rd of the league. it only takes a couple of deadbeats to ruin enthusiasm in a league and bring it down. i'm not telling you how to run your league but im not interested in playing in a league with any strangers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm all about GA people,but I want T-mac on my team,I want a chance at using the real Rockets like Konex was going to let me :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
why can't you use the rockets here? dm shows you as having the rockets

With T-mac :lol Last year I never got the chance,DM would take the team first and make me trade him to him just to get my team :(

DMczaf

:lol You can have T-Mac! But when you are losing and T-Mac wants to come to a winning team, you know where I'm at!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
:lol You can have T-Mac! But when you are losing and T-Mac wants to come to a winning team, you know where I'm at!

:lol Oh I know I can count on you to take him off my hands if I suck with him,mmmmm Gordon your time might soon come to wear Rockets red.

Cloudy

Banned
see 5 outsiders in already. that is 1/3rd of the league

With the GAers that recently joined, there will be 3 at the most (the ones I've been talking to on AIM). Kruza is a GA poster. Either you trust me not to invite deadbeats/cheesers or you don't. After last year's league, I'd be more wary of folks here...

Matrix

Cloudy said:
With the GAers that recently joined, there will be 3 at the most (the ones I've been talking to on AIM). Kruza is a GA poster...

We dont want any Ralph Macchio's!

DOWN WITH KONEXS BOY TOY OUTSIDERS!
5.jpg

Either you trust me not to invite deadbeats/cheesers or you don't. After last year's league, I'd be more wary of folks here...

we don't have a need for outsiders konex. cut it down to 1 and we will join your league. we will fill 16 people here at gaming age. no need for deadbeats.

and the problem isn't that i dont trust your abilities to invite cheesers or whatever, but how the hell do you know these people? why do you think i didn't even let some GA members in the madden league even though it COULD have meant a 32 man league? it's just not worth it. you dont know how these guys play, what their schedules are like and so on.

we have gone with your "picks" in the past in nfl 2k5 leagues and nba 2k5, and none of them followed through. what else am i supposed to think?

Mrbob

Oh man. Hahahaha. NBA2K leagues always seem to be more trouble than their worth.

So what is the deal with 2k6? Is it 30 dollars at places or is this only the mystical, mythical Gamerush near Konex?

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Oh man. Hahahaha. NBA2K leagues always seem to be more trouble than their worth.

So what is the deal with 2k6? Is it 30 dollars at places or is this only the mystical, mythical Gamerush near Konex?

You dont even like bball...you are a true outsider!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There was one guy that did follow through in NFL2K5 season 1. He was pretty good.

I had no intention of buying the game since I am not a huge basketball fan. If you guys need another I will join I guess. Fuckin EA sends me a retail copy of Live, but Take Two can't send me retail 2K? Fuck that!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellie: Take 2 didn't even send you a retail copy?? That is sad man. Your position should have those kinda perks.

Weak.

I agree with Konex about having more problems with GAFer's last year with the NBA leagues. Bog isn't allowed to play. Matrix will sell the game after a couple of weeks and swear once again that he will never buy a 2k game. Wellie and I will have such a bad connection we wont be able to play at all.

I forsee much troubles. :)

Fifty

Ramirez said:
lmfao@this thread,I <3 you guys.

Ramirez, you're my rock! We said we'd hold out and here I am cracking.....You're strong. I want to be that strong! Teach me how to fly.

Ramirez

In all honesty if the game was 20 bucks again I'd pick it up to play in the league with you guys,but I just don't have 40 bucks to blow on a game that I'll prolly hate within a week of owning it :lol

Matrix

As of now this game isnt one I would sell,even if I wanted to I couldnt True,my bro payed for half of it :p

well, i bought it because nba live still runs like shit online, so what else am i going to do? i need one basketball game (even though i'm not a huge fan), and the online league setup seals the deal. laugh if you want ramirez, but.... oh wait, that's the end of the sentence :(

Not that I'm going to buy NBA 2K6... But I remember one of the last NBA 2Kx (2K4 or 2K5) leagues we ran, and ended up letting a few non-GAFers in the league to fill up the remaining spots. They were all cheesers and ruined the league for everyone. The Houston owner alone cheesed enough to make me not want to bother with the game anymore.

I'm thinking about getting NBA 2K6. But I'd really rather do more Madden leagues. Own GAF with the Jazz or just stick with Madden... Hhhmmm

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and the online league setup seals the deal.

Does the online leagues and crap actually work this year though? I still have nightmares of playing games 5+ times in NBA and NFL just to get the game to even record.

Does the online leagues and crap actually work this year though? I still have nightmares of playing games 5+ times in NBA and NFL just to get the game to even record.

well, time will tell about the recording problems cause none of us have played yet. it seems to run smooth so far.

madden online leagues are still my main focus, but with nba 2k6 there is absolutely no effort i need to put in. i just play the game a few times a week (whenever the leagues advance) and bam im done. no stat entering or site maintenance or anything else. so, from that end it definitely makes sense to play if you like bball. should be fun

hgplayer1

I just wanted to say that if Kruza is one of those players youre not sure about Ill vouch for him. Ive played NBA2k with him in the past and hes legit and a cool guy. very sim.

Top Bottom