• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Did they not unpause the second time, when I said "I need a pause" or did you guys just not bother pausing?

From the chat transcript it looked like we paused then they unpaused.

We didnt pause at the start because you cant pause when someone isnt loaded into the game. If there was a second request to pause after you loaded in i never noticed.

eznark

Banned
We didnt pause at the start because you cant pause when someone isnt loaded into the game. If there was a second request to pause after you loaded in i never noticed.

Yeah, and it looked like we paused they immediately unpaused. That's what I was referring to, not the start.

DMczaf

The FGs clued me to something going on. I feel like shit. I almost lost to someone who was playing on a five inch screen and limited controls :/

DCX

Lol I was literally just winging it. A lot of my tight window throws were only because I didn't see the defender (also happened on my game ending INT)

LJ11

Good game blue, I know I ran that formation to death on that last drive but I only had two timeouts and you were playing press man. Figured if you just went dime, you wouldn't stop that run, and if you played the run I had that quick hitter to the flat if you were playing man. You should have took a risk and put a safety in the flat, I don't throw deep. My O just stalls out.

I keeping expecting my WRs to cut on certain routes but they are just to slow with the route running, and I end up throwing picks. I knew I was throwing a pick in the redzone late in the half, should have motioned a WR to pull down the flat zone but I thought I could lead it in there. Nope.

GG LJ. I didn't deserve to have that be as close as it was. Felt like every run play your safety was crashing, and when I tried to go PA and deep I either got picked or my receiver got rocked and dropped it. Not really sure what else I can do.

Good game blue, I know I ran that formation to death on that last drive but I only had two timeouts and you were playing press man. Figured if you just went dime, you wouldn't stop that run, and if you played the run I had that quick hitter to the flat if you were playing man. You should have took a risk and put a safety in the flat, I don't throw deep. My O just stalls out.

I keeping expecting my WRs to cut on certain routes but they are just to slow with the route running, and I end up throwing picks. I knew I was throwing a pick in the redzone late in the half, should have motioned a WR to pull down the flat zone but I thought I could lead it in there. Nope.

Yeah I just didn't make enough adjustments on that last drive. I've always been awful at adjusting to outside runs, and then when I play user LB I always seem to give up the entire middle or get suctioned into an offensive linemen.

The only two play calls I'm really proud of in that game were my two touch downs. A nice PA throw to Graham and a read option at the goal line that finally worked.

Also I wish I could take back the last play of the first half. I panicked and just threw it up for grabs. Shouldve huddled and kicked the FG, or spiked it (as if I can remember what button does that).

When are we advancing, it's late I'm tired and I don't feel like scouting and doing prep.

The read option was money, FMT gets me with that garbage every game.

I think it worked in that instance for the same reason a lot of outside runs work at the goal line. Everyone was expecting up the gut.

I need to do my game prep as well before we advance.

There is one in the Cincinnati area that just opened. What is good there?
Pretty much all you can have is chicken tenders but that's all you need. You get tenders, and you can also get Texas toast (excellent), fries (mediocre) or cole slaw (fuck Cole slaw)

The real selling point is the sauce that you can dip your tenders and toast in, it's great

Oh and their sweet tea is probably the best fast food sweet tea.

LukeSmith

league is basically "play against the eagles or pats playbook"

whoever said "we should just be forced to use the stock playbook that comes with your team" is a futurist

eagles playbook has by far the best set of runs I've seen in the game, inside zone is a nightmare to stop this year and every gun formation in Eagles basically has it.

BigAT

whoever said "we should just be forced to use the stock playbook that comes with your team" is a futurist

eagles playbook has by far the best set of runs I've seen in the game, inside zone is a nightmare to stop this year and every gun formation in Eagles basically has it.

It's probably a coincidence that half the league stumbled upon those playbooks, completely independent of each other.

Inside zone = 01 trap

eznark

Banned
Inside zone = 01 trap

Except inside zone is worse since you can run it out of basically any formation, which means people don't consider themselves filthy cheesers when they do it.

Of course, half the league is using the Eagles and running the latest gimmicks from madden school so it's obvious there is no pride or shame left in Mudville.

Top Bottom