• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

Speevy

Banned
Here's a mockup I did.

This is the kind of little Nemo theme I'd like to create.

8aum1p3.png

Oh, and it took my a pretty long time to do this, so any feedback would be helpful.

tanod

when is my burrito
methane47 said:
Did anyone test out the multiple background images thing? will BG's fade in and out of each other or something???

Whenever you restart your PS3, they change.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I can't see myself being too bothered to fiddle with icons, but I'll certainly be using the support for multiple backgrounds.

RuGalz said:
It'd be awesome if you can make the website that let you pick the icons, wallpapers and generate a theme file for you to download. I was just discussing that with a friend today and I think that'd totally kick ass except I am the wrong kind of programmer to do it myself, lol.
Wow, great point - the whole setup seems geared towards doing something like that.

Dot50Cal

Banned
OP, perhaps some quality control is in order? These latest ones I've tested out have some REALLY horrible ones. Ill label them afterwords, so its up to you to decide to list them or not (please dont).

GOOD:

Orange Skin
orangeskin.jpg

Playstation Storm
playstationstorm.jpg

BAD (Dont list?)

Red Ring of Death
rrod.jpg

No effort

Tekken 6
tekken6.jpg

100% No effort!!

Heroes 1.0
heroes1.0.jpg

Bad Icons

Heroes 1.1
heroes1.1.jpg

Bad Icons with a different color

Can someone find me a working link for:

OchO! by TheOchO on the Playstation Forums
http://thatwilsonguy.googlepages.com/sample.p3t

Speevy

Banned
All the buttons are red rings. That's pretty funny for a few minutes, but I can't see someone keeping that on.

Speevy

Banned
Hey m0dus, do you think my Nemo idea is doable?

There are loads of sprites and art all over the internet, and I love the color scheme this game has.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Speevy said:
Here's a mockup I did.

8aum1p3.png

Oh, and it took my a pretty long time to do this, so any feedback would be helpful.

this would be awesome... not just that game though, a bunch of old NES games, it'll happen :)

msdstc said:
this would be awesome... not just that game though, a bunch of old NES games, it'll happen :)

i don't like the sprites sorry. i didn't buy a 599 us dollars console to look at those nes sprites. make me an awsome MGS4 and DMC4 and FF7 one and ill send you 5 bucks for each on paypal guaranteed.

Dot50Cal

Banned
m0dus said:
I just noticed this post. it's ironic because that's one of the variants of the theme I was initially working on. The question was how well it would work:

Can you produce one like that, but has less HDR on the sparks? That would be blinding on my LCD :lol

Speevy

Banned
MasterCharged said:
i don't like the sprites sorry. i didn't buy a 599 us dollars console o look at thos nes sprites. make me an awsome MGS4 and DMC4 and FF7 one and ill sen you 5 bucks for each on paypal garanteed.

You paid $599 to dress up your PS3's interface?

Good grief dude. Anyway, these are free to make, so there's room for NES games, bands, TV shows, whatever.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Humbly requesting .hack themes ;_;

But since no one likes that I'd love a theme in the vain of the Sega Saturn dashboard!

Speevy

Banned
Lindsay said:
Humbly requesting .hack themes ;_;

But since no one likes that I'd love a theme in the vain of the Sega Saturn dashboard!

I'm sure everything will get made eventually. Just try to give the theme makers ideas.

YYZ

LittleBigPlanet would be the best, I'll give you enough money for a big chocolate bar through paypal :D

Kevin

Some ideas:

-Futuristic Theme
-Home Theme
-Aqua Theme

Is it possible to do animated backgrounds (I'm assuming not), If that was possible there is tons of potential there for animated backgrounds featuring snowing, raining, etc. If I think of any more theme ideas I will edit this post and add them in.

kassatsu

Banned
Kevin said:
Is it possible to do animated backgrounds (I'm assuming not), If that was possible there is tons of potential there for animated backgrounds featuring snowing, raining, etc. If I think of any more theme ideas I will edit this post and add them in.
Backgrounds have to be JPEG, so nope.

Speevy said:
Here's a mockup I did.

8aum1p3.png

That's great for you, but there's not much incentive for someone else to do it. What do any of those icons mean? Yes, people are used to the XMB now, but at least a little useability would be bonus. And as already expressed in this thread, the old skool tends to appeal only when it's familiar to people. This may be something you end up having to do yourself. . . .

On the plus side, the art is pretty awesome for an NES game (I've never seen or played it). My personal preference, though, would be the original McCay comics. That guy was super fantastic!

Now I have to nip off and tuck into some rarebit before bed.

PlayStation Storm is not that great, you guys can try it out but I thought it was pretty average.

The custom ones that get my 1080p approval:

-Sfere
-Sfereblack
-OrangeSkin

I'm using Sfereblack right now and it's absolutely awesome.

Shame you can't animate them. I would be all up for modding Pixels to have a flowing spectrum of pixel colours on the icon you have selected.

Tieno

Visualante said:
Shame you can't animate them. I would be all up for modding Pixels to have a flowing spectrum of pixel colours on the icon you have selected.
How advanced is the rollover effect?

deadbeef

Visualante said:

How do they do the default 'flowing ribbons' background on the PS3, if you can't animate?

Firewire

Banned
Modus: Love your new tag, its very appropriate. I wanted to ask how much time you've put into that design so far? Its simply breathtaking! Also any idea as to how long before you complete it as well? My PS3 eagerly awaits your artistic genius!

Speevy

Banned
Liabe Brave said:
That's great for you, but there's not much incentive for someone else to do it. What do any of those icons mean? Yes, people are used to the XMB now, but at least a little useability would be bonus. And as already expressed in this thread, the old skool tends to appeal only when it's familiar to people. This may be something you end up having to do yourself. . . .

On the plus side, the art is pretty awesome for an NES game (I've never seen or played it). My personal preference, though, would be the original McCay comics. That guy was super fantastic!

Now I have to nip off and tuck into some rarebit before bed.

Well I went through the sprites and tried to do one for settings, movie, music, etc.

Top Bottom