• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

Dot50Cal

Banned
The other wallpaper m0dus made:

neogafalt.jpg

I am so keeping this one :D

Hey m0dus, can I use the link on your site for the theme file?

gbovo

m0dus said:
SO tempting, as I love Kojima art.

peeps gotta say what they think of the GAF theme.
we can't really do that until we try it out, you know. Providing a link to it would be a great start.

Speevy

Banned
gbovo said:
we can't really do that until we try it out, you know. Providing a link to it would be a great start.

You think you were meant to use it youself? HAHA! m0dus laughs at you from his lofty tower.

Tieno

I'm using your Neogaf theme m0dus and it looks great, too bad my TV cuts off a little bit of the upper left corner (NeoGAF text) and the lower right corner (m0dus logo).

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So i downloaded m0dus' awesome theme to my thumbdrive and tried to install it from there, but my PS3 says theres no themes on the thumbdrive. Also have the OP up in the Ps3 browser and cannot download it, when i click the link it just opens the code in a new window.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
captive said:
So i downloaded m0dus' awesome theme to my thumbdrive and tried to install it from there, but my PS3 says theres no themes on the thumbdrive. Also have the OP up in the Ps3 browser and cannot download it, when i click the link it just opens the code in a new window.

Did you place the file in the correct folder?

ver200_01_pcdl.gif

Folder names have to be in CAPS iirc.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Killthee said:
Did you place the file in the correct folder?

ver200_01_pcdl.gif

Folder names have to be in CAPS iirc.
Thanks I did not fully read the OP, my mistake.

awesome theme m0dus.

Ploid 3.0

Ok after seeing the warhawk and mario theme I think the icons really need to have at least a hint of the selection they represent. Although the Okami psp theme is quite easy on the eyes.

Obaid

Banned
Hey guys this is my very first theme for ps3. So please dont be to harsh with me :) Unfortunatly i wast able to make a screenshot. If someone please make one and upload it, i would be very great full.

http://www.speedyshare.com/219587800.html

Edit: I guess there is a bug because it doesnt show my own folder icons and file cons for foto and video, but it does show my own icons for music even if the code is 100% the same and al pix are in the right place.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I guess it is possible to change the notifications box (it's blue instead of grey)...
CIMG0866.jpg

Not my picture. Someone needs to figure out how to make it more appealing or transparent.

Tr4nce

This threads keeps delivering, awesome work guys.

Oh, and about the SOTC theme, it looks to stoney or something, also the bg should be one with Wander battling the 3rd Colossus....

And why the hell would I want a Mario Galaxy theme??? :)

tanod

when is my burrito
Obaid said:
Hey guys this is my very first theme for ps3. So please dont be to harsh with me :) Unfortunatly i wast able to make a screenshot. If someone please make one and upload it, i would be very great full.

http://www.speedyshare.com/219587800.html

Edit: I guess there is a bug because it doesnt show my own folder icons and file cons for foto and video, but it does show my own icons for music even if the code is 100% the same and al pix are in the right place.

What's in your theme?

Tr4nce said:
And why the hell would I want a Mario Galaxy theme??? :)

Because it's an awesome game, you can't do themes on your Wii and this is the only way you'll see a shot of the games' assets in 1080p. :D

Killthee

Bad_Boy said:
I guess it is possible to change the notifications box (it's blue instead of grey)...
[/IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/heyitsgonzo2/CIMG0866.jpg[/IMG]

Not my picture. Someone needs to figure out how to make it more appealing or transparent.

It doesn't really matter, from what I've seen, it defaults to the original grey one when you exit the XMB.

Maggot9

Banned
Killthee said:
It doesn't really matter, from what I've seen, it defaults to the original grey one when you exit the XMB.

I love how it looks blue. I hate how it turns back grey once you're in a game.

j-wood

Tieno said:
I'm using your Neogaf theme m0dus and it looks great, too bad my TV cuts off a little bit of the upper left corner (NeoGAF text) and the lower right corner (m0dus logo).

Mine does the same also. What resolution should it be changed to to make it fit properly? (I have my ps3 displaying 1080i.).

GeoramA

Currenty using the Vista Theme. It's pretty sweet, plus it's one of the few unofficial themes I was able get straight off the web browser.

Speevy

Banned
Here are two resolutions of my theme's wallpaper. I can't seem to make it into a JPG without screwing up the colors.

640x480

87i4jec.png

EDIT: As soon as I find a host for a high resolution image I'll post it.

Speevy

Banned
Thank you.

Do you know of a host that will let me upload the image in the resolution I intended? (1920x1080)

It cut the image down.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Dumb question - how do I download these from the PS3 browser? I click on a link and another window opens up on my TV filled with gibberish.

Killthee

Speevy said:
Thank you.

Do you know of a host that will let me upload the image in the resolution I intended? (1920x1080)

It cut the image down.
xs.to should work. It'll even give you the forum code for a thumbnail with a link to the original.

Top Bottom