• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunahan

Banned
Twicenightly said:
You can use two buttons.

You use X and B to "waggle" and A to jump/throw/whatever

nah, it doesn't work. If you ever press x and b at the same time, they cancel each other out.

"Waggle" is really so much faster than anything else on the control scheme that it's the only way to go, and that's the really disappointing part about it.

Hunahan said:
nah, it doesn't work. If you ever press x and b at the same time, they cancel each other out.

"Waggle" is really so much faster than anything else on the control scheme that it's the only way to go, and that's the really disappointing part about it.

Ah I see, that would explain why I never did very well at it last night :D

(I don't want to waggle my stick)

Ponn

Banned
Xbox Live is cruel. I booted up Live Arcade Marketplace and clicked on New Arrivals and there staring at me was Super Puzzle Fighter II HD. I was like WOOOOO let me go check around first then I will come back and download it. Came back to it to find it was only themes and gamerpics. Taking full advantage of the no language filter...FUCK YOU MS!!

p3tran

Banned
Ponn01 said:
Xbox Live is cruel. I booted up Live Arcade Marketplace and clicked on New Arrivals and there staring at me was Super Puzzle Fighter II HD. I was like WOOOOO let me go check around first then I will come back and download it. Came back to it to find it was only themes and gamerpics. Taking full advantage of the no language filter...FUCK YOU MS!!

haha! same thing happened to me. SPF II HD? WOOO! then click, then themes shit
cruel

Gowans

More Solitare??!?!??!! How many ways can you put cards in order?

As for the Carcas stuff? anyone have any reviews/thoughts on it?

MercuryLS

Banned
Ponn01 said:

Same thing happened here too :(

That's such a kick in the nuts, I hope SPF2 is next weeks XBLA game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.gamingtalkhq.com/gamingtalkhq-home/gthq-exclusive-ecco-dolphin-achievements.html

According to one GamingTalkHQ it is claimed that releasing next week will be one Ecco the Dolphin from Sega. The article itself it rather confusing for i do not remember this being announced yesterday and they seem to lack the requisite achievements that the article title promises.

EDIT: And now the article has vanished, somebody over there probably woke up and saw that the achievements were missing and such.

Brakara

Latest lists from Major Nelson:

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 - Track and Field
2 2 Spyglass Board Games
3 1 Bomberman LIVE
4 3 Marathon: Durandal
5 4 Sonic The Hedgehog
6 9 3D Ultra™ Minigolf Adventures
7 7 UNO
8 - Puzzle Fighter HD
9 10 Worms
10 - Carcassonne

XBLA Titles on the Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
9 6 Bomberman LIVE

Puzzle Fighter HD, wtf?

Rlan

Brakara said:
Latest lists from Major Nelson:

Puzzle Fighter HD, wtf?

Rigged then? :lol

Major Nelson said:
Not sure what's up w/ that Puzzle fighter HD entry. I'll pull the #'s again and get a clean list. Sorry about that!

Smells of 'the bullshit' to me. :lol

2DMention

Banned
At this point, if I would buy a 360, it would be on the strength of upcoming RPGs and Live marketplace alone. And Rock Star.

-That online board game (Whatever it's called)
-Puzzle Fighter Online
-Double Dragon
-Geometry Wars
-TMNT arcade

Gigglepoo

2DMention said:
-Puzzle Fighter Online

Settlers of Catan.

And it's Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Capcom went through the trouble of christening this with the most ridiculous name around, the least you can do is type it all out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
2DMention said:
At this point, if I would buy a 360, it would be on the strength of upcoming RPGs and Live marketplace alone. And Rock Star.

-Puzzle Fighter Online
-Double Dragon
-Geometry Wars
-TMNT arcade

Gotta bump DD and TMNT and throw in Pac-Man CE and Bomberman Live. ;)

Brakara

C4Lukins said:
I guess they accidentally included sales of the theme and picture pack that were released.

Yeah, could be that. Of course, other XBLA games could then have their sales numbers inflated as well...

Brakara

Updated list from Major Nelson:

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 - Track and Field
2 2 Spyglass Board Games
3 1 Bomberman LIVE
4 4 Sonic The Hedgehog
5 3 Marathon: Durandal
6 7 UNO
7 6 Golden Axe
8 10 Worms
9 - TMNT 1989 Arcade
10 9 3D Ultra™ Minigolf Adventures

XBLA Titles on the Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
9 6 Bomberman LIVE

No explanation given for the incorrect old list, but due to the changes I guess all the games' DLC sales was counted.

Llyranor

I've heard that there's supposedly a patch that (partly?) fixes the lag issues in Contra. Has anyone been able to attest to this?

Smilebit said:
Duke Nukem might me on the way to XBLA if Microsoft approves!!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48414

If MS approves? Honestly, they need to pull the stick out of their ass and start letting more people into the pool. We're approaching 2 years now and they haven't even hit 80 games on the service yet.

I love XBLA but the service frustrates the hell out of me because of how slow they've been to capitilize on it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
they're tricking me! i can't verify thanks to bioshock raping XBL right now... but it's on the new arrival page ...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sean said:
lol

I think he saw Puzzle Fighter in the XBLA section and got excited, it is just gamer pictures and themes

Indeed, unless there is another UMK 3 situation, XBLA titles always drop on Wednesday.

D3VI0US

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
If MS approves? Honestly, they need to pull the stick out of their ass and start letting more people into the pool. We're approaching 2 years now and they haven't even hit 80 games on the service yet.

I love XBLA but the service frustrates the hell out of me because of how slow they've been to capitilize on it.

PSN is rapidly catching up to XBLA as far as appeal goes. They have a two console backlog, more innovative and artistic games, and bigger and better games than the typical arcade experience such as Tekken 5 DR and Warhawk. A game a week is great and releases have been picking up but there's a world of difference between releases and games worth buying.

D3VI0US said:
PSN is rapidly catching up to XBLA as far as appeal goes. They have a two console backlog, more innovative and artistic games, and bigger and better games than the typical arcade experience such as Tekken 5 DR and Warhawk. A game a week is great and releases have been picking up but there's a world of difference between releases and games worth buying.

PSN is great in the 'big game' department, but the lack of stuff like Worms, Catan, Bomberman is a huge shortcoming IMO.

So do we have any idea whats coming this week?

I know Ecco the Dolphin, War World and Hexic 2 are due but Space Giraffe just passed certification..?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The shadow of Puzzle Fighter also looms on the horizon yearning for release, and then you have dark horse candidates like the Brothers Tron or Undertow.

As an aside does anybody else think Microsoft is a bit nutters releasing Hexic 2 in the same general time frame as Puzzle Fighter and indeed Puzzle Quest?

It should be free... the first one was... I see no reason why we should pay for the sequel... I guess 400 points wouldn't be too bad but still.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I don't think Hexic 2 is going to be free like Hexic HD or Aegis Wing were but if the pricing on UNO is any indication, Microsoft would sell it at 400 points, but then again who knows at this point.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
steverulez said:
It should be free... the first one was... I see no reason why we should pay for the sequel... I guess 400 points wouldn't be too bad but still.

It was merely to get people interested in the service - it did its job and now Hexic has been released into the wild and couple on its own terms.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
PRESS RELEASE: Blazing Lizard Announces Pirates vs. Ninjas(TM) Dodgeball
Press release supplied by Games Press 12:49 (GMT) 13/08/2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SAVOY, IL – August 13, 2007 – For decades, mankind has contemplated what would have happened if two historical icons had battled…with balls. Finally, there’s a studio brave enough to tackle this difficult question. Blazing Lizard, Inc today proudly announces its first console downloadable game, Pirates vs. Ninjas™ Dodgeball.

The first game in the Pirates vs. Ninjas™ series allows up to 8 players to choose from 5 unique teams (Pirates, Ninjas, and three more to be unveiled later), and compete against one another in the ultimate sport of champions – Dodgeball. However, this is no ordinary Dodgeball game. Teams aren’t restricted to one side of the court, instead they roam freely around 6 gorgeously detailed arenas. In addition, characters are equipped with combat moves and special abilities to deliver a more action-packed experience than could ever be found on the playground.

Pirates vs. Ninjas™ Dodgeball is being developed using Infyrno™, Blazing Lizard’s next-gen proprietary game engine. It allows for sweet gameplay with an art style and theme suited for all age groups. There will be Exhibition, Story, and Challenge modes and multiplayer support for 4 players Local / 8 players Online, and 4-player Co-op modes.

“What more needs to be said when it comes to Pirates vs. Ninjas,” said Chris Stockman, Studio Director of Blazing Lizard. “This is the ultimate in rivalries, and we aim to have them settle it with all out balls to the wall action.”

Pirates vs. Ninjas™ Dodgeball will be available for download on yet to be announced home console systems in the first quarter of 2008.

ABOUT BLAZING LIZARD, INC.

Formed in early 2007, Blazing Lizard’s goal is to create high quality, compelling console downloadable games for all platforms. Their first game Pirates vs. Ninjas™ Dodgeball is poised to redefine consumer expectations of console downloadable games when it’s released for a yet to be announced platform in the first quarter of 2008.

For more information please visit www.blazinglizard.com

Christopher Stockman – Studio Director

Blazing Lizard, Inc

217-493-2354

chriss@blazinglizard.com

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Screenshots of Pirates Vs. Ninjas Dodgeball

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg