• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S5 |OT| The Brave and the Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was gone for more than a season.
Was from 2nd episode of S3 till 9th of S5...
Almost 50 episodes before she showed back up.
tumblr_m1yqyhvhwj1qga35l.gif

The L's keep adding up.

I'm glad we're going to get more Pan, he was a great character to hate on.

I wonder what Henry does while everyone else is running around making things worse, just sit around in his room drawing dicks in his fairy tale book? Maybe Underworld Storybrook has a PS4, but I wonder what kind of network latency it would have in The Division...

I wonder what Henry does while everyone else is running around making things worse, just sit around in his room drawing dicks in his fairy tale book? Maybe Underworld Storybrook has a PS4, but I wonder what kind of network latency it would have in The Division...

Henry is busy being the author of tumblr slash fiction.

ascii42

Depends. Is Underworld Storybrooke also largely stuck in the 80s?

It was nice that we got the secret origin of Emma's jacket... I guess also how and why she got into being a bail bondsman.

And and LOL not only did the episode have Tommy from Heroes Reborn (I know, he was Pan on this show first) but also Erica Kravid.

Sober

Well I guess the finale next week is gonna be Rumple with the fragment then?

Also lol damn Hook came back and Robin Hood got his force ghost erased. Damn son.

That was wrong with what happen to Robin. Does having his soul no longer exist affect him when it comes to time traveling? Does his soul cease to exist from this point onward or through all time?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Nooooo they did not just off Robin of DILFwood. Ugh he made the show tolerable.

I can't stop laughing though at that Toys R Us plastic looking lighting bolt (batteries not included).

KevinCow

Banned
Oh ffs, what a copout to bring Hook back like that.

Regina has to deal with the fact that her love interest not only died, but was completely obliterated from existence. She doesn't even get to look forward to seeing him again in the afterlife. He's just gone.

Zelena, similar thing, plus she has to deal with the fact that it was by her own hand because her love interest turned out to still be evil.

But Emma? She gets her love interest back.

I have no doubt Regina's going to throw that in Emma's face at some point.

I suppose, at the very least, Robin being completely ended isn't as bad as being tortured for eternity in the river of lost souls. That's still super fucked up what Rumple did to his ex-wife.

zeemumu

Emmma, what do we say to the god of death?

Robin got it harder than most people in this series. I'm hoping that Regina doesn't heel turn as a result.

Outside of waking up Belle, what does Rumple even have left to do? They'll have to invent more loose ends for him to tie up

Please tell me I did not just witness Robin's death. Like how many chances does Hook get to have? Also, I cannot blame Regina if she goes dark. Hell I'd be pissed if I'd have to deal with all that shit.

Koomaster

Hook coming back is literally the worst. Totally invalidates any character growth for Emma. Also it's a really shitty thing to do to Regina since her boyfriend isn't just dead his soul was obliterated from existence. Fuck Emma and fuck Hook; when does the Queen get her turn?

Hook: Zeus sent me back as reward for sending some pages via Hell-mail!
Emma: Cool! Will he send back Robin too, since you know, he was way more involved in actually killing Hades?
Hook: nah, Zeus said, and I quote, "fuck Robin Hood!"

I wonder how many times next season Mulan will be friend zoned.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
this show infuriates me at times
they spend months developing plots at a snails pace, showing far too much about useless characters that appear one episode with a hamfisted back story and are gone the next and then we get an episode like this where the plot leaps a mile forward without spending an adequate amount of time on anything

Robin's death was done so quickly, with virtually no reaction from selena and done with such a tacky prop it is almost insulting
I'm not sure whether it is the actor or the scriptwriters but Hook has been fucking dire recently. Truly a level below phoning it in

Ugh, yeah... I laughed out loud when Hook came back, like holy fuck that was cheap and right after killing Robin unceremoniously. If I didn't already have my expectations in check and knowing this show's primarily targeted at the soap opera demo I'd be far more annoyed. But yeah, it's irritating.

Xena

I may be way off (because I wasn't completely paying attention to an earlier episode), but didn't Gold take out Robin's heart and did not use it yet (if I remember correctly he was gonna give it to Pan - but didn't)?

Also, Hades' body turned to complete dust while Robin's didn't. Or was it just because Hades's was actually severed with the crystal while Robin's wasn't?

zeemumu

I may be way off (because I wasn't completely paying attention to an earlier episode), but didn't Gold take out Robin's heart and did not use it yet (if I remember correctly he was gonna give it to Pan - but didn't)?

Also, Hades' body turned to complete dust while Robin's didn't. Or was it just because Hades's was actually severed with the crystal while Robin's wasn't?

I...forgot about that.

Rodin

Why the fuck would the authors do that to Robin? They should stop with this "one of them will perish" nonsense at every finale. It feels forced. If a character has to go, it can happen any time but it needs to be prepared properly. This was bullshit.

And yes his heart was back in his chest, Rumple tells Pan that he returned it to Robin and swapped it with that fake heart made with water from the river of souls (happened off screen).

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

re robins heart Gold said he returned it when he was off screen and instead gave Pan a sack filled with water from that ghost river which is what killed him

I guess the same as you that hades crumpled because he was stabbed, but it might just be a god thing
I would have preferred it if Robin did turn to dust. At least then the whole spiel about the olympus blade not just killing, but obliterating you would have made sense.

DedValve

Banned
Saw the first episode of the season and just couldn't go on. So it looks like they shit on Regina again? Damn man the best part of that first season was when she was able to absolve her father and she had a big ol' hero smile. Stop shitting on her writers. Go shit on Snow White for a change. Like really shit on her and not resolve her shit within 2 episodes.

I honestly think she was happier when she was the wicked queen with just Henry.

Finishing up the last episode, but have a question. Why can't Henry use his OP powers to do anything? They showed him writing stuff the episode before, lol. I feel like it's been explained though, and I've just forgotten.

KevinCow

Banned
Finishing up the last episode, but have a question. Why can't Henry use his OP powers to do anything? They showed him writing stuff the episode before, lol. I feel like it's been explained though, and I've just forgotten.

The writer isn't supposed to use his powers to change stuff, he's just supposed to record what happens. That's why the previous writer was locked away.

KevinCow

Banned
What even happened to the previous writer? I can't remember, and looking at the wiki isn't helping. Looks like he was arrested, and then... nothing? Is he still just sitting in the sheriff's jail cell?

ascii42

What even happened to the previous writer? I can't remember, and looking at the wiki isn't helping. Looks like he was arrested, and then... nothing? Is he still just sitting in the sheriff's jail cell?

That sounds right. At least, I don't remember anything after that.

zeemumu

The writer isn't supposed to use his powers to change stuff, he's just supposed to record what happens. That's why the previous writer was locked away.

I always found the writer powers to be a little weird. Henry was writing down Ruby and Dorothy's story as it happened, but how would he know that it was happening like that? I guess the illustration could have shown up in the book first, but what about everyone else? Were the stories that they need for their unfinished business in the real book and Henry was just copying them into the Underworld book? Was he writing shit into existence from nothing just to give them closure?

Man, this season seemed very weak. Hardly anything anyone did made sense and the magic mcguffins just kept getting more ridiculous.

I hope the next season is better. By the way, where the hell did Maleficent go? Ursula went home, Cruella is the glorious queen of hell, and Maleficent just vanished with her moody daughter?

By next season they'll do a woke up married of Hook and Emma then have Emma panic and not want it then just give up fighting and for the rest of the series ask his permission to do anything while he becomes Mayor and god

zeemumu

Yes...yeeesss...YEEESSSS....YEEEE-NOOO! DAMN IT!!!! Wait...YES!!!!

For all of this season's shortcoming's that's the best setup that this show's had in a looooong time. I hope they don't fuck it up (they're probably gonna fuck it up).

So:

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| Dr. Regina and Queen Hyde

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| The Steampunk Season

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| You Can Run, But You Can't Hyde

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| Hyde and Seek

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| Face/Off

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| Is It Kingdom Hearts Yet?

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| Sister Sister

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| YAAASSS QUEEN!

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| DragonHeart

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| To Hell and Back

By the way, did Hyde say something about a keyhole to Rumple or did I mishear that?

Jekyll and Hyde was awesome. The steampunk city was awesome. The world building to allow more literary characters to show up is awesome. Seeing the Dragon again was cool too.

I really liked seeing Sam Witwer show up. His angry screams remind me of his Darth Maul voice in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Henry thinking New Yorkers would give a shit about his crazed rantings was funny until they actually listened to him. That was awful. As was that Connecticut Yankee line, that was hugely groan-worthy.

Now that Regina separated the darkness from her heart and having that darkness take its own physical form, can we saw the Evil Queen is a heartless, please?

Koomaster

If Henry was going to use his god powers, why not just write that magic was destroyed for realsies this time, instead of just wishing he had the crystal. If you're going to break the rules, may as well actually get what you want out of it. And his scene in NY asking those people to believe or whatever, I had to mute it. Cringeworthy.

The Regina/Evil Queen splitting was interesting, but I'm surprised no one had any reservations about doing that. It also seemed a little mean to basically tell Regina, yeah your personality is fucked, literally change who you are because we can't accept you otherwise.

Plus Regina is going to have all those memories of the evil stuff she did; she's going to be constantly reminded of it. For a 'good' character, that's going to be some kind of hell. But I'm sure at the end of next season everyone will have wised up about how stupid this was and that you have to accept someone for who they are warts and all. Then Regina and the Evil Queen will have to be reunited.

Sober

I fuckin laughed SOOOO HARD during the hotel/portal scene, cause I knew Rumple was gonna royally fuck up.

But at least GAF knows he tips.

Also how does no one in all of NYC notice the purple storm clouds lol

Asians can't catch a break in OUAT

KevinCow

Banned
So how did the Evil Queen survive having her heart crushed?

Also Henry's INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH moment was so painfully bad. Nobody would have listened to him. They'd have just assumed he was some crazy kid whose parents need to pay attention to him.

zeemumu

If Henry was going to use his god powers, why not just write that magic was destroyed for realsies this time, instead of just wishing he had the crystal. If you're going to break the rules, may as well actually get what you want out of it. And his scene in NY asking those people to believe or whatever, I had to mute it. Cringeworthy.

The Regina/Evil Queen splitting was interesting, but I'm surprised no one had any reservations about doing that. It also seemed a little mean to basically tell Regina, yeah your personality is fucked, literally change who you are because we can't accept you otherwise.

Plus Regina is going to have all those memories of the evil stuff she did; she's going to be constantly reminded of it. For a 'good' character, that's going to be some kind of hell. But I'm sure at the end of next season everyone will have wised up about how stupid this was and that you have to accept someone for who they are warts and all. Then Regina and the Evil Queen will have to be reunited.

It wasn't about them accepting her, it was about how living with repressing her psychotic tendencies and getting shat on by life for it was driving her insane. Think of it like recovering from drug abuse, and the evil queen was her addiction.

Henry could've handled that a lot of different ways. Destroy the crystal with the pen, make it so no one could use magic for evil, etc.

Sober

If it was real New York and not TV show new york I would imagine someone telling him to shut the fuck up or something.

Them believing it was all a show or something was decent enough of an explanation though. Weird no one pulled out a cell phone to record that shit.

I did like Henry overall the last two episodes because he actually had something to do and I think the actor gave it his best. Resolved itself a little too fast maybe but yeah.

You expecting positive for the women on this show after 5 seasons of otherwise showing? You only get to be happy by being written out of the show if your a woman like Ruby.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That fountain scene, oh man... At least we're probably going to get Lana Parrilla in more evil queen outfits so I guess that's something. This show should be sponsored by Kraft Mac & Cheese because its the cheesiest.

It's nice to see Sam Witwer again at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom