• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita/ JRPG) announced for western release

Don't you think that may be because it was just an improved version of an existing game? I see Freedom Wars on Amazon already
Yeah, Freedom Wars is up on the na amazon but not europe. Also no Oreshika.
They probably would have mentioned it already if they'd release it retail. They did with Project Diva F 2nd right away.

oh man, the opening, the song, art, character design etc, it's so beautiful. I wish this is a normal linear story focused jrpg instead of no name disposable custom character dungeon crawler thing. :(

I'm still going to buy this, but story focus jrpg is still my preferred kind of rpg

that opening kinda give me a Suikoden vibe too with the various interesting characters and the hint of some deeper tragic story in there.

Wait, what?

*interest dropping*

yeah, from what I understand, you play a group of family that is cursed to die young, so in the game your playable character will die young but before they die, you can do ritual with one of the gods/spiritual being to create new generation of characters.

this goes on and on until you finally beat the game

But there is a story.

I thought the story is mainly just for the backstory, to setup the lore?

Shouta

yeah, from what I understand, you play a group of family that is cursed to die young, so in the game your playable character will die young but before they die, you can do ritual with one of the gods/spiritual being to create new generation of characters.

this goes on and on until you finally beat the game

I thought the story is mainly just for the backstory, to setup the lore?

There is story, probably, but it'd be based around the villains, the historical figures for the family, and the mythology behind the situation. The characters you play and control die young so they can't be a part of the story itself. It's very much about the player and how they lead the family and how you engage with it all. It's very much in the vein of Western RPGs where the player kind of makes their own stories within the gameplay but it has a small narrative that frames it.

I can't tell from the videos I've seen but I assume it's a sequel since the principal character at the start seems different. the black haired girl in the sexy robe outfit. From the one video I saw, it had you choose 3 characters and her for the opening sequence so it might be a sequel/retcon of OreShika 1 to continue the story. As far as I can tell, two characters from OreShika 1 are present in the opening to the game, Itsuka and Kitsuto. but I don't know what they're up to in the game since Itsuka isn't in the same role she had, lol.

Sakujou

Banned
just saw that game on play-asia and holy shit, i was exactly waiting for an awesome looking game like this. i dont know whats the deal with this game but it got a pretty good score on famitsu so i suppose the game seems to be alright.

unfortunately still no english release date, right?

i dont care, as long as i can play it in a language i can understand iam willing to buy this game!

Sakujou

Banned
This was confirmed a few months ago on the Playstation blog. Seems we might get it this year. Hope it's retail I don't wanna have to ever buy a Vita memory card.

yes, and thats why i hate this whole vita thingy. why not release big games just as a normal cartridge?

sony fucks us over with their mem cards.
100€ for 64gb???
you can get twice the amount of gb for less.

Top Bottom