• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Skii

Lol @ everyone getting excited about reporting coming to console. They literally don't do anything. The same people you reported for throwing one game in season 3 are around in season 5 throwing every game because Blizzard don't do anything. It's just there to make you feel better.

Most of the problems I faced when playing comp and made me not want to play anymore (without a full-stack) are not something that can be reported unfortunately. People weren't trolling for the most part, some of them were just really bad and ruined the games.

It feels like there's a huge disparity of skill in the same range. Don't know if it's because people got boosted by grouping up or because some of them can climb with winrates way below 50%, it just doesn't feel right.

I guess a soloq ladder with a fixed SR for winning/losing would help fix this problem.

Nuno O/

Every rank is full of players that shouldn't be there. Blizzard have done an absolutely terrible job of placing people correctly based on skill.

Lol @ everyone getting excited about reporting coming to console. They literally don't do anything. The same people you reported for throwing one game in season 3 are around in season 5 throwing every game because Blizzard don't do anything. It's just there to make you feel better.

Nuno O/

Every rank is full of players that shouldn't be there. Blizzard have done an absolutely terrible job of placing people correctly based on skill.

It's only recently they have started to actually take action against players, and they have stated how they will continue to improve their reporting system over time.

All we can do is take their word for it, it's not like Blizzard doesn't know it's a problem.

Veelk

Banned
It would help if there was a way to promote good sportsmanship and teamplay. Positive reinforcement is more powerful than punishment as a motivator.

Nuno O/

On console, isn't reporting sent to the console maker, not Blizz? I thought that was a sticking point- that Blizz didn't want to give up control of banning.
Sony and MSoft are somewhat decent with the banhammer. Or, if they're a little slow with it, they come down really hard when they finally do.

breadtruck

Remember that video where you seen a printer print a sheet and the paper fall into the shredder right away?

It kinda like that.

LiK

1-2. I guess tonight wasn't the night.

Everything was fine until the doomfist appears. Shame Hog sucks cause would played him in all games too

Our team had trouble focusing fire on him. He would go down quick if he was priority. Sadly, not.

People should really stop using ults in fights that are lost. What should be an easy next fight becomes an infinite stall.

Nuno O/

Wonder if they'll ever do a ranking reset.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I have the worst goddamn luck with games today, out of the 7 I've played, I've only won one.

I love when we finally cap the point and then idiots rush right into their spawn and get taken out one by one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I'm trying to practice and improve my orisa and my team and the enemy team are basically forcing me to pull out my Winston
tenor.gif

I don't know why I keep queuing up for Copa Lucioball.

Only about 25% of the matches "feel" good, in the sense that the ball actually reacts to being booped in a logical manner. I see some replays where the ball does something totally different than what I saw live. Some games I have to practically kiss the ball to boop it; other games if I don't boop early it flies right through me.

Nepenthe

After a game where a Rein literally watched me die to a Tactical Visor before putting his shield up (about to make a comic of this shit; I cracked up), I was rewarded with this:

The Overwatch Gods smiled upon me today. Hoping still to get the skins for the Edgelord and Dad.

Can you make someone's Playstation overheat? 3 people got kicked out at the same exact time, and came back at the exact same time, in competitive. One of them was my friend, and he said his Playstation overheated and shut off.

Kakaroach

Had to give in and buy the Sombra skin. I only got 2 legendaries in boxes this event thus far despite playing a decent amount.

Excited for the new map, payload maps are a lot of fun. As for console reporting, I'm cautiously optimistic. Either Blizzard is just dong it to placate console players or it will actually be useful. Going from what all the PC players have said here on GAF though, I'm not too convinced.

Yager

Banned
can't tell if you're serious or not....but it was in response to the other dude for fun. not that serious. nice boops, but genji was a big part of that.

Wasn't being serious mate.

4 games yesterday. 2 games with leavers, one game with a thrower, and the last game just whatever. This season keeps getting better and better.

I was just put into a game with 5 no ranked players against 6 Platinum players.

And those 5 weren't smurf accounts. They were proper newcomers, and I know this because every single time they died they switched character.

I don't know why this game hates me so much.

Veelk

Banned
I was just put into a game with 5 no ranked players, against 6 Platinum players.

And those 5 weren't smurf accounts. They were proper newcomers, and I know this because every single time they died they switched character.

lmao

Sorry, but that's legitimately funny.

This game can be quite a troll sometimes.

Gorillaz

I was just put into a game with 5 no ranked players against 6 Platinum players.

im dying this needs to be reposted multiple times through this threads life just to remember how hilarious and fucked up it is

shame it had to be you breh sorry

Dug

Banned
Almost all of the casual lucioball games I have played have players idling. I go into competitive lucioball thinking I can escape it and have two teammates purposlly throwing the game. Fucking incredible.

maomaoIYP

Almost all of the casual lucioball games I have played have players idling. I go into competitive lucioball thinking I can escape it and have two teammates purposlly throwing the game. Fucking incredible.

Yeah I got tilted yesterday. A team mate insisted on playing only goalie. He let the first 5 shots made by the other team in. Couldn't boop the ball to save his life.

_Legacy_

Wasn't being serious mate.

4 games yesterday. 2 games with leavers, one game with a thrower, and the last game just whatever. This season keeps getting better and better.

Ugh, last night was depressing. Thrower goes attack Torb because someone took his Genji, who he mained. What a joke, funny thing is we would have won if he switched to Hanzo sooner.

I just find it annoying how the leaver is almost always on our team, shit's not even balanced, it's like we're constantly being grouped up with them. Obviously it's crap for whichever side it happens to but for the sake of balance, can we not face a team of 5 for once?

Dispatch

I've just loaded up a game of Lucioball to try and get a win for a weekly lootbox. I'm the only one of the six players in the game who isn't idling for XP.

If this happens to anyone, you can make the games go faster by scoring ten goals as quickly as possible. At 10-0, the game ends due to a mercy rule.

I did that a few times yesterday, then stopped because I realized it was helping the losers who were just idling. Of course, it also rewarded me for being the only person who was actually playing.

LiK

junkrat poops on doomfist, word to the wise if you're having trouble against him.

I was playing DF last night in QP and I concur. Guess I know who to switch to now if we encounter a DF that's giving us trouble in Comp. I think some people switched to Pharah but they were getting hard countered by enemy McCree.

Chance

It's most likely Payload since we already had new Hybrid, KOTH and 2CP maps recently.

(Nods sagely.)

...unless Junkertown turns out to be yet another 3v3 map, or a new Deathmatch map a'la Widow's chateau...

I've been hearing about Junk countering Doomfist more and more lately - never woulda' called that one.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
orisa+bastion combo completely destroys me. any tips?

Top Bottom