• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ozark - Official Trailer (Netflix original series starring Jason Bateman)

Very happy to see more people coming round to the show.

Really is a great show. Goes to show that we shouldn't always rely on reviewers to tell us what we should be watching. The show not being hyped to high heaven has actually worked in it's favour imo.

I've been spreading the gospel of Ozark on my social media and most people are really enjoying it.

Same here, people posting about the show (then friends chipping in saying they love it etc). Ornpeople asking, what should I watch next etc

Holy shit this FBI dude is crazy. A great character so far. Episode 4 is great
Ruth is dope too

Man Jason Bateman is great. Every time he does something I think man Michael is gonna fuck up. Marty is a boss though(so far).

Ploid 3.0

Watching episode 7
Never been this excited in a while. Is the girl going to drown??? I hated that character, good riddance if so haha. Typing this as it might happen.

No NOOOOO NOOoOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
episode 10

that fucking
baptism
scene tho! I should have seen it coming but I didnt lol.

fantastic show, its up there with the Fargos and whatnot in my opinion, and its sad to see it being mostly dismissed (nobody gives 2 fucks about it in the tv thread for example).

Hopefully it does well for Netflix because we NEED a season season at the very least.

Jyester

Great to see positive impressions for later episodes. I'm currently at episode 5 and am enjoying it very much. Jason Bateman is indeed awesome in this. I'm surprised at how I'm completely buying into his character, even after watching Arrested Development a million times.

I'd be very curious to know the viewing numbers.

But this show's word of mouth doesn't seem to be huge. It doesn't seem to have lots of discussion on social media or gotten anywhere near as much media coverage as you'd assume.

I'm still pretty sure this thing is a hit and a season 2 will be announced. But surprised at the small amount of social media chatter.

It's a very cool and addictive show.

KodaRuss

I'd be very curious to know the viewing numbers.

But this show's word of mouth doesn't seem to be huge. It doesn't seem to have lots of discussion on social media or gotten anywhere near as much media coverage as you'd assume.

I'm still pretty sure this thing is a hit and a season 2 will be announced. But surprised at the small amount of social media chatter.

It's a very cool and addictive show.

I think this is the biggest weakness of Netflix dropping all of the episodes at once. They dont give them very much time to build a following and no one wants to talk about the show when they are in the middle of the season because everyone is on different episodes.

I just finished episode 6 last night with my wife and we love it but I try to stay out of this thread for fear of spoilers.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, I think I'm done with crime dramas like this with families, especially kids. Thankfully Better Call Saul is up for another season, but it's so far away.

Topper

Just finished this up, absolutely loved it. Best show I've watched in awhile. I usually hate kids in shows like this but they didn't bother me here. I've been telling everyone at work to watch this, really hope we get a season 2.

Wiped89

I'm really digging this show. Yeah Marty is similar to Walter White, but also has anyone noticed the striking similarities to Better Call Saul's Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman?

His ability to talk his way out of any situation reminds me so much of Saul.

This show is already much, much better than Better Call Saul thanks to its much quicker pace. BCS is a borefest in comparison to Ozark.

I'm really digging this show. Yeah Marty is similar to Walter White, but also has anyone noticed the striking similarities to Better Call Saul's Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman?

This show is already much, much better than Better Call Saul thanks to its much quicker pace. BCS is a borefest in comparison to Ozark.

Those two shows are not comparable

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmm, alright finished it after putting it off a bit.

Nothing spoilery in my impressions but:

Guess we'll have to see about S02. Doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz around the show, though I personally did enjoy it. Not Netflix's A material but solidly in the B area, worth continuing if it can find an audience.

There's definitely some voids left that I really wonder how they'll fill going forward. New characters will appear I'm sure. Hope they can keep the plot interesting and not feel too much like a retread.

Martin can't hold a candle to WW from BB in terms of performance, but he's similarly brilliant -- just in a totally different area of expertise. I do like the family much more in this show than in BB. It has some things going for it, definitely.

Man, not reading anyones posts here because it seems like spoilers but came to voice my opinion of the show.

Really digging it. Just got to Eps 7.

Its literally Arrested Development x Breaking Bad. lolol

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yo guys this shit is legit. Just saw the first episode. This is top tier netflix.

And did you all notice Bateman directed the pilot too? He is actually a really good director. He also made a movie called The Family Fang which was also great.

SalvaPot

Went through the first episode, I am really enjoying, I joked to a friend that the show starts right in the middle of Breaking Bad Season 3.

Charlotte by far was the most annoying character on the show, like fuuuuck. I've never seen a character more unaware of shit going on around them ever.

Charlotte is the kind of person would stand in the middle of times square during an alien invasion going "I HATE IT HERE!!!"

iPaul93

This show is already much, much better than Better Call Saul
thanks to its much quicker pace. BCS is a borefest in comparison to Ozark.

Just no.You can't even compare these two.

Charlotte by far was the most annoying character on the show, like fuuuuck. I've never seen a character more unaware of shit going on around them ever.

Charlotte is the kind of person would stand in the middle of times square during an alien invasion going "I HATE IT HERE!!!"

Agreed.She's the only annoying character in the show so far.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Only watched the first episode but Laura Linney's presence only serves to highlight that Jason Bateman is out of his depth acting wise.

Only watched the first episode but Laura Linney's presence only serves to highlight that Jason Bateman is out of his depth acting wise.

Oh no, I can't agree there. Bateman is superb throughout and actually gives a pretty nuanced performance. I will say the whole cast is generally on top form as well, Laura Linney is great as always.

I may not have watched this had I not seen this thread and everyone raving about it, I'd never heard of the Ozarks so the show title did not mean anything to me when I saw it pop on Netflix. I hope Season 2 gets made and they can keep up the quality as I'm totally invested in the show now.

Yo guys this shit is legit. Just saw the first episode. This is top tier netflix.

And did you all notice Bateman directed the pilot too? He is actually a really good director. He also made a movie called The Family Fang which was also great.

He also directs the last episode... and boy are you in for a treat.

samn

I think this is the biggest weakness of Netflix dropping all of the episodes at once. They dont give them very much time to build a following and no one wants to talk about the show when they are in the middle of the season because everyone is on different episodes.

I just finished episode 6 last night with my wife and we love it but I try to stay out of this thread for fear of spoilers.

Yep, pretty much kills the community around these shows.

HMD

That FBI character was one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen, like he's just badly written. I literally don't even know his name and he's almost a main character. Anyway, the rest of the show is pretty good.

oatmeal

Banned
Just finished. Really liked it.

Bittersweet ending but very fitting. Is it confirmed that there's a 2nd season? I would prefer there not be. I don't need to know what happens next, it will only get worse.

That FBI character was one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen, like he's just badly written. I literally don't even know his name and he's almost a main character. Anyway, the rest of the show is pretty good.

What no, he's the best character in the show (Besides Ruth of course), how is he badly written?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just finished it. That ended really well. People hating on the Bateman are WRONG /trump. He was great. Directed the first 2 and last 2 eps as well.

Is this renewed for season 2?

- J - D -

I don't agree that Jason Bateman is out of his depth or not comparable to Laura Linney (who is of course fantastic), but I feel like it's more apt to say that the two were mismatched. The pairing sometimes felt off to me both in physical terms and acting style.

Top Bottom