• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PA man threatens to kill Wendy's employee because salad didn't have enough cucumbers

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_2c8663f6-76f2-11e7-88dc-bb58b846b21d.html

A Montgomery County man is facing aggravated assault and threats charges after a dispute over cucumbers Sunday at a New Holland fast food restaurant.

Theodore L. Gunderson Jr., 58, of Lansdale, threw a salad at and threatened to kill an employee around 4 p.m. at Wendy's, 804 W. Main St., according to an arrest affidavit filed by New Holland police Officer Michael Specht.

Gunderson was upset because he felt the salad didn't contain enough cucumbers and told the employee, "If I had a gun or a knife you would be the first to go," the affidavit states.

By the time police arrived, Gunderson had gotten in his vehicle. He refused to roll down the window or get out of the car, police said.

He eventually lowered the window, at which point police told him he was under arrest. Gunderson placed the key in the ignition prompting an officer to reach into the vehicle in an attempt to grab the keys, officials said.

Gunderson was able to start the car and began driving away with the officer's arm still inside the vehicle, according to the affidavit. The officer had to take multiple steps in order to keep from tripping and possible falling under the moving car, police said.

Lt. Jonathan Heisse said the officer wasn't injured.

Gunderson was subsequently arrested and charged with aggravated assault, terroristic threats, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

5taquitos

This pretty clearly wasn't really about the salad.

Dude was probably having a Falling Down kinda day.

I'm not excusing this, in case it sounds like I am

Still alive despite telling off the police, resisting arrest, and attempting to flee the scene with a cops arm in his car?

Luck of the Irish I guess.

kappa%2Bkyuri.jpg

Worse things can happen if you don't give someone a cucumber.

This happens in fast food all the time. I worked at McDonalds when I was 16 (15ish years ago) and one day a guy came storming in from the drive-thru and started screaming at the top of his lungs at my manager because we apparently put pickles on his burger and he didn't want them. He kept threatening to kick her ass (she was in her 50's, about 5'5", he was 30's and 6').

All the workers surrounded our manager and basically had to push him out the door. The things you see there are depressing. People are crazy when it comes to fast food.

I held the store record for things thrown at me (6 that I can recall) when I worked for BK, but I never had death threats. That's insane.

Cucumbers are tasty, but they're not THAT tasty

Stranya

When I was much younger, my friends and I sometimes frequented a particular cheapo fried chicken place after closing time. (This is in the UK.) Despite the food being fairly crap, the burgers cost only £1, so they were never short of business.

One day, I heard, a chap went in and bought a £1 burger. He then asked for a sachet of tomato ketchup. He was quoted 20p for the sachet, at which point he drew a knife and threatened the person behind the counter.

I've never stopped being amazed that he was very happy to pay £1 for the burger, but that 20p extra for ketchup was the (rather extreme) tipping point. Obviously had very strong views on condiment provision.

By the time police arrived, Gunderson had gotten in his vehicle. He refused to roll down the window or get out of the car, police said.

He eventually lowered the window, at which point police told him he was under arrest. Gunderson placed the key in the ignition prompting an officer to reach into the vehicle in an attempt to grab the keys, officials said.

Gunderson was able to start the car and began driving away with the officer's arm still inside the vehicle, according to the affidavit. The officer had to take multiple steps in order to keep from tripping and possible falling under the moving car, police said.

Wut?

GhaleonEB

Assaulting and threatening a Wendy's employee: you fucked up.

Driving off with a police officer dangling from your vehicle: you really fucked up.

Yazzees

granted, having worked fast food i can guarantee whoever made that salad was feeling mad and spiteful

nothing fucks up order times like a surprise salad

massoluk

Banned
Yo, if the meat patty was too small or the fries wasn't cooked, I can may be understand.

CUCUMBER? FUCKING CUCUMBER?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Shit like this is why I'm always polite with fast food workers. I don't want to be the random customer that gets spit in their food because they got shit on one too many times that day.

rtcn63

Y'all make fun of people-eating-salad-and-laughing pics, but the food obviously elicits a strong response in the general populace.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
One time I stopped and ordered a few burgers without mayo at a drive-through window late at night while I was working. They all had mayo. I didn't have time to wait for new ones and I was really hungry, plus I wasn't going to have a spare minute for a long time after that.
I was pissed.
I threw them all through the drive-through window. I didn't say anything, though.

5taquitos

One time I stopped ordered a few burgers without mayo at a drive-through window late at night while I was working.They all had mayo. I didn't have time to wait for new ones and I was really hungry, plus I wasn't going to have a spare minute for a long time after that.
I was pissed.
I threw them all through the drive-through window. I didn't say anything, though.
You are not a good person.

I was puffin on my vaporizer downtown the other day and the dude walking in front of me turns around and at the top of his lungs screamed in my face "IF YOU DONT PUT OUT THAT FUCKING CIGAR!! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!!"

I clenched my fist and got ready to smash him and I just stared at him. Then he turned around and started screaming about how he was going to kill ever smoker he sees.

I was like oooook dude obviously has mental issues and just crossed the street. Got my blood pumpin for sure. Though I was guna have to throw down.

#vapelyfe

BriGuy

I ordered a burger without pickles once, but it came with pickles. I picked them off and ate the burger.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I ordered a burger without pickles once, but it came with pickles. I picked them off and ate the burger.

You can't just pick off mayo. It soaks into everything.
Trying to do it while driving is even more of a no-go.

Tagyhag

If he was black he'd be swiss cheese right now.

GhaleonEB

One time I stopped and ordered a few burgers without mayo at a drive-through window late at night while I was working. They all had mayo. I didn't have time to wait for new ones and I was really hungry, plus I wasn't going to have a spare minute for a long time after that.
I was pissed.

And by hate I mean mayo.

Top Bottom