• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PA man threatens to kill Wendy's employee because salad didn't have enough cucumbers

This really exposes a bigger issue - stop ordering salad from fast food joints. Panera is decent but everywhere else is serving you shit veggies and bitter dressing. Make that shit fresh with ingredients at home, ya'll.

Quality takes time and effort, two things fast food employees often don't have.

GhostBed

This guy was probably already at a breaking point and this just pushed him over the edge.

The fines and jail time will hopefully make him consider seeking counseling.

This really exposes a bigger issue - stop ordering salad from fast food joints. Panera is decent but everywhere else is serving you shit veggies and bitter dressing. Make that shit fresh with ingredients at home, ya'll.

This is true.

Who the heck orders salad at a McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King?
Overpriced, full of fat and calories, and so easy to make yourself instead.

Aaron

Quality takes time and effort, two things fast food employees often don't have.
Quality salad takes neither time or effort. It takes a knife and half a brain. This guy seemed to lack both.

Seriously, it takes maybe five minutes to make a salad, and it'll be better and a heck of a lot cheaper.

rjc571

Banned
Maybe he's secretly a kappa

Police sketch of the perp:

ByfbptE.jpg

zeemumu

Can we just start over as a society where everyone is nice to each other and not threatening to kill over a vegetable pls

Not unless you want to remove free will the 2nd time around. The inclusion with being able to make your own decisions is the ability to make bad decisions

flkraven

When I worked at a computer store, someone threatened to kill me because the video card they bought stopped working. Turned out the problem was that he tried cramming it in the wrong slot and broke it. He threw it at another employee and I never saw him again.

D i Z

Cucumber's are serious business as you can see. I pity anyone that wants to talk about pickling from here on out.

I was puffin on my vaporizer downtown the other day and the dude walking in front of me turns around and at the top of his lungs screamed in my face "IF YOU DONT PUT OUT THAT FUCKING CIGAR!! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!!"

I clenched my fist and got ready to smash him and I just stared at him. Then he turned around and started screaming about how he was going to kill ever smoker he sees.

I was like oooook dude obviously has mental issues and just crossed the street. Got my blood pumpin for sure. Though I was guna have to throw down.

#vapelyfe
tumblr_oji598zNrc1r1ult6o1_500.gif

That definitely happened exactly like you said it did.

Plum

Picture taken from the scene:

hqdefault.jpg

...nah but seriously the guy's fucked up. Glad they arrested him before he could actually do something.

jman2050

I ordered a burger without pickles once, but it came with pickles. I picked them off and ate the burger.

Man I don't get people who do this. No matter how carefully and thoroughly you pick them off the languishing stench of terrible soggy pickles has already soaked into the bread and the meat. Might as well dip your burger into mop water and dry it off with a towel if you can eat a burger just by taking out the pickles like nothing is wrong.

diunxx

Resisted arrest and tried to flee but still alive? don't have to click the link to know he is white.

Gunderson was subsequently arrested and charged with aggravated assault, terroristic threats, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
The rest makes sense but "terroristic threats"? Bit of a reach isn't it?

Kill3r7

Just imagine a black man doing this. News story would have been way different. No racism ever though, right?

Ironically enough a buddy of mine (African American) from high school pulled off a similar stunt at BK over a burger missing pickles or something akin to that. Threw the burger back at the server. This was about 17-18 years ago. Nothing came of it outside of him being banned from that BK. He even attempted to jump the counter.

Mahonay

Banned
Must be nice to not have every breath taken as a direct attempt at an officers life.
It's almost as if police are much more able to access when a situation does not require lethal force when the offender has a...lighter skin tone.

Doesn't really need to be said I guess that black citizens have regularly been killed by police for WAY less than this.

Ironically enough a buddy of mine (African American) from high school pulled off a similar stunt at BK over a burger missing pickles or something akin to that. Threw the burger back at the server. This was about 17-18 years ago. Nothing came of it outside of him being banned from that BK. He even attempted to jump the counter.
He should count himself lucky that police were not called on the scene.

Ponn

Banned
Have you seen the prices of Wendy's salads? They are like $8 or $9. Dude wanted what he paid for.

Kill3r7

It's almost as if police are much more able to access when a situation does not require lethal force when the offender has a...lighter skin tone.

Doesn't really need to be said I guess that black citizens have regularly been killed by police for WAY less than this.

He should count himself lucky that police were not called on the scene.

Different time back then. I am sure today he would have ended up in jail or worse. The store manager asked him to leave or he would call the cops.

Mahonay

Banned
Different time back then. I am sure today he would have ended up in jail or worse. The store manager asked him to leave or he would call the cops.
Police have been brutalizing black people since always. We just get to see it more now with the advent of camera phones and social media.

Top Bottom