• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PARAMORE |OT| Line up changes, emo angst, and guilty pleasures (oh, and Hayley gifs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I should've seen this coming
tumblr_lfpk3bK8Pf1qc650d.gif

Yay, two pages! Thanks guys that's really swell that you played along with me, and humoured me all the way up till two pages. I'm really touched. So is Hayley.

291945_o.gif

xJavonta

Banned
Riot! is their best. Can't wait for the new stuff.

I thought Brand New Eyes was the best. Riot!, All We Know Is Falling and the Singles Club [EP] are all great too but Brand New Eyes was a masterpiece IMO. Fantastic lyrics and catchy as all hell. Feeling Sorry, Brick By Boring Brick and All I Wanted are so good

NinjaBoiX

You're doing God's work, NinjaBoiX.
tumblr_le66geBJXJ1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

FHdoboo.gif

hayley-staring-contest-o.gif

hayley-williams-is-so-cute-o.gif

(How cute is that last gif? I just want to brush her hair, and feed her grapes.)

I'm really pleased this thread has been a success. I had visions of posting ":(" as the first post right about now!

I thought Brand New Eyes was the best. Riot!, All We Know Is Falling and the Singles Club [EP] are all great too but Brand New Eyes was a masterpiece IMO. Fantastic lyrics and catchy as all hell. Feeling Sorry, Brick By Boring Brick and All I Wanted are so good
"BADA-BA-BADA-BA-BADA!"

I've never heard of this Singles Club EP, I need to check it out! Thanks man.

jwk94

Subbed. can't wait for the new album to drop. Already got it pre-ordered. Gotta cancel my pre-order from their site though.

xJavonta

Banned
"BADA-BA-BADA-BA-BADA!"

I've never heard of this Singles Club EP, I need to check it out! Thanks man.

No problem lol, here's a link.

Originally, it was only available to members of the Singles Club, with them releasing a single song at a time (hence the name, Singles Club). Here's the tracklisting.

1. Monster
2. Renegade
3. Hello Cold World
4. In The Mourning

I think the only one of those songs that was released as an actual single for sale outside of the Singles Club was Monster since it was in that Transformers movie.

NinjaBoiX

I won't be jumping fences to impress you Ninja.
I just got Juniored. Leave me alone.

I made a dumb thread, that was kind of meant to be a bit of fun! "Members you love you hate". I guess it was seen as Inflammatory.

Will you cheer me up Fex? Tell me a joke.

G-Fex

I just got Juniored. Leave me alone.

I made a dumb thread, that was kind of meant to be a bit of fun! "Members you love you hate". I guess it was seen as Inflammatory.

Will you cheer me up Fex? Tell me a joke.

First off you should've known that would backfire cause that thread has backfire and bad idea etched into it.

nope, got no jokes on me.

NinjaBoiX

First off you should've known that would backfire cause that thread has backfire and bad idea etched into it.

nope, got no jokes on me.
Yeah, I know. I paused before I hit post, but figured it would be taken in good spirit. But I can totally understand why, could've gone horribly wrong. And it could've been open to all kinds of shit! Fair enough I guess.

The "new thread" button isn't greyed out. Does that mean I'm only semi-juniored? I sure as shit aren't posting a "Hey, I'm not actually Juniored!" thread to find out! Ssh, don't tell anyone! I think I'll chill with the threads for a bit anyway, keep my head down so to speak.

G-Fex

Yeah, I know. I paused before I hit post, but figured it would be taken in good spirit. But I can totally understand why, could've gone horribly wrong. And it could've been open to all kinds of shit! Fair enough I guess.

The "new thread" button isn't greyed out. Does that mean I'm only semi-juniored? I sure as shit aren't posting a "Hey, I'm not actually Juniored!" thread to find out! Ssh, don't tell anyone! I think I'll chill with the threads for a bit anyway, keep my head down so to speak.

I don't know but chill out and stuff. You were almost a Ninjaboix sandwich.

Ever hear of these paramore knockoff sort of? I listen to them. http://youtu.be/e_S9VvJM1PI

They're small. I piss people off with my Hayley gif's as it is! It's considered brevity counter-balancing excessive frequency.

Small really isn't a big deal now that tumblr gives 2mb for files. I just never understood why so many people on tumblr seem to be against cropping their gifs, which would give them additional frames of animation.

Anyway, best album is Riot! and best song is either That's What You Get for Oh Star.

I thought Paramore didn't exist anymore, lol.

They still exist. But two members left while whining about Hayley getting all the attention.

NinjaBoiX

She's not exactly PJ Harvey, but no talent or artistic credibility? That's not an opinion dude, that's just a fallacy.

Edit: Hey, this Jemina Pearl chick is really good! I mean she's not a patch on Hayley, but yeah, decent.

I'm glad you stopped by.

You really consider that a constructive comment? Ok.

Edit: You know what? Fuck this, I'm done feeding.

Actually yes, it is a constructive comment.

In this case, I'm constructing a ditch--or perhaps a landfill. Which is precisely where the output of acts like Paramore should reside.

Hey, I have liked some of their songs that I've heard, and I have a soft spot for girl rockers.

But I don't listen to the radio or anything so I haven't heard anything since Riot.

Gimmie the song of theirs with, hands down, their best lyrics.

Serious question: is there a performance of hers that sounds good? My wife loves this band and every time I hear live performances, I'm further convinced they are a studio only band.

xJavonta

Banned
Serious question: is there a performance of hers that sounds good? My wife loves this band and every time I hear live performances, I'm further convinced they are a studio only band.

I saw them at Warped Tour and Hayley's voice was a little squeaky during the first song or two, then after that the rest of the set was gold.

rakhir

Paramore is pretty good for what it is. Sometimes i just have a mood for fun, nice pop-rock songs, and Paramore's just that (my other go-to are Guano Apes).
Also, Misery Business is one of my favourite songs to play in guitar hero, drum parts' really a bitch though.

Their new single didn't grab me at first, but after few listenings i think it's awesome.

Hayley should stop messing with blonde hair and stick with red.

I was into the band during end years of high school. Listened up to The Final Riot album and once I hit college and her boobs on twitter I forgot about them, in fact I'm surprised the band is still alive.

They're okay I guess...

NinjaBoiX

Hey, I have liked some of their songs that I've heard, and I have a soft spot for girl rockers.

But I don't listen to the radio or anything so I haven't heard anything since Riot.

Gimmie the song of theirs with, hands down, their best lyrics.
Best lyrics? OK, probably Careful:

"I settled down,
A twisted up frown,
Disguised as a smile well,
You would've never known,
I had it all, But not what I wanted,
'Cos hope for me was a place uncharted,
And overgrown,"

Let The Flames Begin:

"What a shame we all became,
Such fragile broken things,
A memory remains, just a tiny spark,
I'd give it all my oxygen,
To let the flames begin,
So let the flames begin,"

And The Only Exception:

"When I was younger I saw,
My daddy cry, and curse at the wind,
He broke his own heart and I watched,
As he tried to re-assemble it,
And my momma swore that she would,
Never let herself forget,
But that was the day that I promised,
I'd never sing of love,
If it doesn't not exist,"

I just posted the opening of each track, there are probably much better examples, but she is quite the lyricist.
yo this is one of my favorite youtubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQD1JF7VxiY
Wow blame, I never would've guessed! Fair play man.
Entirely cynical, redundant and not in the least bit serious question: is there a performance of hers that sounds good? My wife loves this band and every time I hear live performances, I'm further convinced they are a studio only band.
Fixed.

There are loads in the OP. The version of The Only Exception I posted is absolutely glorious. And all over YT.

But I get the feeling you won't like any of them. I dunno, I just get this feeling.

Is there ANYWHERE I can get a clearer version of this performance of Let The Flames Begin? I love the outro and want it in my collection.

Are you talking about that specific Norwegian Wood concert or that version of the song? Because i'm not sure if there really is a better quality version of NW. All the versions that i've seen have had muffled audio and the video quality isn't that great.

But if you want a better version of the song, then this should do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3j8W5ok754

Different concert, but it has the same song structure.

MilkLizard

I dunno, I thought it was good!

Up there with Ninja Scooter and Count.

It was very good :)

Here is Hailey on stage at the Rock a Field Festival in Luxembourg.
15.jpg

That was 2010. She later joined the Deftones on stage to perform Passenger.

Here is a
bad
youtube video of it.

That was a good day.

Mistle

I was a huge fan at one point. But nothing post-BNE has appealed to me, and the messy departure of the Farro's left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've seen them live a few times when they toured Australia, and I still enjoy their previous stuff from time to time, but my interest in the new album is very minimal.

They actually finished an Australian tour less than an hour ago, funnily enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom