• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Event NYC - 2.13.2015 (Announcement of new PlayStation initiative)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
New Playstation Initiative?
I guess that rules out a game announcement. I would guess its something service related like Playstation Now.

They mention celebrity mingling so my best bet is this is the big Playstation Vue streaming TV service coming out party.

Vue has already been announced though. Morpheus still hasn't been "officially" announced. Its a project name.

Also if youre not a MVP don't go to the damn event. Have some common sense.

LuuKyK

Surely they wont hold an event just for their streaming service launch? Wouldnt make mush sense I think. No idea what this might be though.

Edit: Oh Morpheus wasnt formally announced yet? Seriously? Should be that if so.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Here you go:

4qPe2PJ.jpg

Oh shit, awesome. HYPE!

TheHall

If we get a full PS4 compatible Vita i'd be slightly upset, because i bought a Vita last year after you guys convinced me there wouldn't be a new model out soon.

I let the Vita 2000 slide, since it was a bit of a downgrade, but i will shake my fist at Gaf if we get a New Vita DS Xl

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
They are making the PlayStation band more front facing so Playstation Music service(powered by spotify) and Playstation Videos. No more services like Music Unlimited or Video Unlimited. Also probably moving to other devices.

That actually...
makes sense.

Sony should anticipate these emails to be shared with the masses.

No harm no foul.

Sony should anticipate that people are not mindful of NDAs that they signed saying they would not disclose private info?

Come on.

It's things like this that ruin it for other people in the program.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sony should anticipate these emails to be shared with the masses.

No harm no foul.

you sign an NDA as part of the program. stuff like this has ruined the integrity of the program and really should be punished. dont mean to come off as an ass, but this isnt what the program was made for.

Would be nice if they announced an upgrade for PS4 to 1 TB. "for the same price, from now on."
Would put Xbox in an uncomfortable place they could not counter this fast...

Gray Matter

Sony should anticipate that people are not mindful of NDAs that they signed saying they would not disclose private info?

Come on.

It's things like this that ruin it for other people in the program.

you sign an NDA as part of the program. stuff like this has ruined the integrity of the program and really should be punished. dont mean to come off as an ass, but this isnt what the program was made for.

This... I did not know. My bad.

Hexa

Playstation Initiative, Unreleased Games, Celebrity Mingling

Hmmmmmm...

I predict this will be Morpheus related with an official reveal of the name and release date, Morpheus games and high budge video content produced by Sony pictures exclusively for Morpheus (hence Celebrities).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It most likely isn't anything huge, and probably one of the main reasons Sony wanted to keep it private. Good thing the MVP program is here for people thirsty for attention :/.

Ocelott

It most likely isn't anything huge, and probably one of the main reasons Sony wanted to keep it private. Good thing the MVP program is here for people thirsty for attention :/.

+1 Terrible. Like you said in an earlier post stuff like this ruins the program.

LifEndz

Damn. Was hoping for an invite. Maybe I'll still get it. They've included me in just about everything thus far.

Hex

Banned
I do not want a Playstation handheld.
They are doing well, they do not need to screw that up.
I loved the Vita, but it is not meant to be.
They need to just focus on keeping the PS4 as strong and loaded as they can, and not mess with handhelds unless they want to dabble on the phones and tvs and whatnot.

I believe this will be a price drop and game announcements, and a new point club online thing.

Top Bottom