• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

incpdo

Confirmed? Saw Shahid praising it on twitter some time ago, so I was just waiting for a Vita port announcement.

Edit: Cave listed as a xbone dev in jp.
Why not Playstation too, Cave? Why?

Info based on this guy

http://thevitalounge.net/monument-valley-possibly-coming-to-vita/

Recommendations for 50PPP Vitagaffers:

A Fighting game? Street fighter x Tekken, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Ultimate, Mortal Kombat ,Injustice, DOA 5 plus.Bloody Roar 2(PSOne), Street Fighter Alpha (PSP)

A Racing game? NFSMW, WRC3,Wipeout 2048, Ridge Racer(PSP game), R4(PsOne) , Gran Turismo Portable( PSP), Burnout Legends(PSP)

A Puzzle game? Yu nama : The Puzzle(PSM), Crush(PSP game), rymdkapsel(more a strategic game)

A RPG? Persona 4 Golden, Demon Gaze, Tactics Ogre: Lets Cling us together(PSP game), Vagrant Story(PSxOne its only 90mb!), Final fantasy X HD collection (best Vita port?)

An indie game? Flower, Guacamelee!, Tales from space , Steam World Dig, Hotline Miami.TxK

A car battle game? Twisted Metal Head On, Cel Damage, Twisted Metal 2(PSone)

An Horror game? Osbcure the aftermath(PSP), Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3(PsOne), Dino Crisis(PsOne), Silent Hill(PsOne), Silent Hill Origins(PSP), Silent Hill SM(PSP)

A 3d platform game? Sly 4, Jak n Daxter collection(if you never played them and dont mind lots of frame drops)

A Hack n Slash game? GoW: CoO, GoW:GoS. Ninja Gaiden Sigma +(the port is ok 30fps solid , looks nice on Vita)

A Monster Hunter clone? Soul Sacrifice (Try the demo is like 4 hours long), Toukiden.

Just to be sure: NTSC disc based PS1 games do not work on a PAL PS3/Vita but PS1/2 classics downloaded from the US store will work on both systems (with Vita account/memory card changing etc)?
Thinking about getting MGS1 + the Resident Evil games from the US.

Go through your download list on PC and search each page. If it's not there go to the Sony site and find the customer support email. If there none, for some reason, go to the chat box and talk that way. If you don't want to do that, then call them. I've solved all my problems in less than 30 minutes.

It's not on the download list, there's no support e-mail, and I'm working/studying during their phone service time. My only option is the live chat.. Last time, it took me 2h for someone to come to the chat to help me and all they could do was refund me and I could never buy the game again, because it started showing up as "unavailable".

Still, it seems like the only option.. Spending a lot of time in my already short day to be able to play a game I paid for =[

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
About Oreshika i'm not too happy with the western name and the Japanese cover.
I don't like the western name because it lacks the "2", it's like saying that there won't be numbering problems because they don't expect sequels, and "Oreshika" means nothing to many people, "Over My Dead Body(2)" is a better title for the western market imo, it conveys the biggest element of the story and that's how the game was known in the west.
I like the subtitle "Tainted Bloodlines" though.

About the cover art
252px-OreShika2_cover.jpg

Yes it looks original and good but does it convey what the game is?
The game is probably the biggest(and probably expensive) exclusive Sony game for Vita, aside from some funny looking characters the game seems to have a serious and tragic story.
That cover makes me think of a cheerful and not so expensive visual novel(or fishing game lol).
I think it was a poor choice.

Welcome back, 2+2!

I think it's the mobile one :(

And welcome back 2+2=5, I'm glad they didn't ban you for more than 2 weeks.
(A very late)Thank you bros!

Korean things killed ramyeon, I think. Meanwhile, killatopak wants to focus on his studies since his grades are dropping like flies due to NeoGAF.

I just slept and then I got news that all PS1 and PSP games are now playable on the Vita. Hell Yeah!
Yes, I got the Crash PS1 games during that sale. Was originally gonna play that on a recently found PSP Go but now I'll just put it on my Vita. Too bad I exchanged Spyro with Gex though. Well, it's just a dollar, no big deal on my part.
Too bad, well we'll see them soon :)

What PSP and PS1 games were added in EU?

If I redeemed the codes from AC4 and Injustice for the PS3->PS4 upgrades back when the promo was still going on. Should I be able to get the PS4 version on my PS4 I just got yesterday?

VLiberty

Vita-side it's another disappointing month. Quality wise they nailed it, though, they're both great games for what I've heard.

Also LOL @ Everybody's Golf being free 3 days before Mario Golf releases. They finally learned how to use PS+ strategically

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
About Oreshika i'm not too happy with the western name and the Japanese cover.
I don't like the western name because it lacks the "2", it's like saying that there won't be numbering problems because they don't expect sequels, and "Oreshika" means nothing to many people, "Over My Dead Body(2)" is a better title for the western market imo, it conveys the biggest element of the story and that's how the game was known in the west.
I like the subtitle "Tainted Bloodlines" though.

About the cover art
252px-OreShika2_cover.jpg

Yes it looks original and good but does it convey what the game is?
The game is probably the biggest(and probably expensive) exclusive Sony game for Vita, aside from some funny looking characters the game seems to have a serious and tragic story.
That cover makes me think of a cheerful and not so expensive visual novel(or fishing game lol).
I think it was a poor choice.

Made me think that it's a monster hunting game.

maouvin

Vita-side it's another disappointing month. Quality wise they nailed it, though, they're both great games for what I've heard.

C'mon, Muramasa and HSG disappointing? :(

edit: did read your post again and realized I don't get what you mean. It's about quantity?

RK128

PS+ EU in May:

Stick it to the Man (PS4)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Payday 2 (PS3)
Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
Everybody's Golf (Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/23/coming-ps-plus-may-puppeteer-payday-2-muramasa/

Guess I was right guessing Stick it to the Man coming to PS+ :)

While I don't have EU+ (meaning that there is a chance these don't land on US+), its great to see Puppeteer, Muramasa, and Hot Shots Golf Vita land on the service; great games that deserve more people playing them :).

wilflare

All NA/EU versions of Demon Gaze are already Global Edition.

I was about to ask. this is great news!
really prefer to play with Jap Audio + Eng Subtitles

Monument Valley on Vita would be <3

and yea... the lack of Cave support is really :(
wonder if there's any bad blood between Sony and Cave devs :/

I wouldn't mind the EU PS+ games for NA PS+... Muramasa Rebirth and Everybody's Golf pls

(and yes... we need a PSP games sale)
and a 128GB

Puru

Also LOL @ Everybody's Golf being free 3 days before Mario Golf releases. They finally learned how to use PS+ strategically

I actually wanted Muramasa and wanted to try EG so it's a strong month for me, sadly i have an US account and i don't expect the same kind of deal at all :p

VLiberty

C'mon, Muramasa and HSG disappointing? :(

edit: did read your post again and realized I don't get what you mean. It's about quantity?

I mean that I'm not interested in those two games because I don't like these kind of games, but I know that they're good though.

ajcacio

Banned
How does TWD run on Vita? Played the first season on PS3 but hardly ever touch that anymore...does save data actually matter for season 2?

Nope, CPU characters aren't available during 3+ players races. Was my only problem with the game as a kid.

I agree. Though thinking about this more, it is probably a technical limitation.

Is Mario Kart 64 the same way? All of the Mario Karts are blurring together in my mind, I know it's possible in some Mario Karts.

Hmm, I found Batman Blackgate to be worth the 39.99 I paid for it. I'd wholeheartedly recommend at least a playthrough at $13 but it was a mostly fun plat too.

Li Kao

Anybody mentioned the listing of Atelier Rorona Plus on Amazon France for June 19 ?
Come one Sony, Vita-wise only July is left, the rest of the next few months is shock full of games. #PS Climax ( °c°)

marrec

Banned
Hmm, I found Batman Blackgate to be worth the 39.99 I paid for it. I'd wholeheartedly recommend at least a playthrough at $13 but it was a mostly fun plat too.

The first half of the game is a slog though. Once you have all the traversal powers the clever level design really opens up and you start having a pretty good time.

Velcro Fly

Man I'd love a month like that for PS+ in NA. Both are games I'm interested in. I almost bought Hot Shot's Golf while watching the Master's a few weeks ago...

What now?

Yes, and it's one of the best Vita games out right now. It also takes up less than 500MB on your memory card.
Thank u for the reply.

I bought FFX and am having a difficult time getting into it. :(

I'm only 3hrs in. I hope it gets better cause if not I wasted $40 that could've gone to something else.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Great PS+ offerings for EU, though I have what I'm interested in already.

Thank u for the reply.

I bought FFX and am having a difficult time getting into it. :(

I'm only 3hrs in. I hope it gets better cause if not I wasted $40 that could've gone to something else.

Yeah, I was hyped for this game and playing it on the PS3 only made me bored. I got the Vita version so I could play it anytime I want and conveniently but haven't touched it yet.. I should've bought Demon Gaze or something instead.. I kind of want to still.

Had an SRPG itch so I got the first Disgaea on my vita. Really enjoying it so far. How long will the main story take?

It's a bit long if you include grinding (which is slow compared to the newer games). I say a bit over 10 hours, maybe?

A little off topic but, is Disgaea D2 good? I tried D1 on the psp, and couldn't get into the game. But kind of want to give it another try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom