• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

maxresdefault.jpg

That Tanuki sitting on its own balls.

Takao

Banned
So, will they release him for Monster Hunter 5 or just keep him locked forever?

He first has to work on Monster Hunter Portable 4th.
bhzfVlC.png

About Oreshika i'm not too happy with the western name and the Japanese cover.
I don't like the western name because it lacks the "2", it's like saying that there won't be numbering problems because they don't expect sequels, and "Oreshika" means nothing to many people, "Over My Dead Body(2)" is a better title for the western market imo, it conveys the biggest element of the story and that's how the game was known in the west.
I like the subtitle "Tainted Bloodlines" though.

About the cover art
252px-OreShika2_cover.jpg

Yes it looks original and good but does it convey what the game is?
The game is probably the biggest(and probably expensive) exclusive Sony game for Vita, aside from some funny looking characters the game seems to have a serious and tragic story.
That cover makes me think of a cheerful and not so expensive visual novel(or fishing game lol).
I think it was a poor choice.

They dropped the 2 because they didn't want to dissuade anyone that hasn't played the first, which would be a lot of people given the fact that the first was never localized.

And no at the bolded. OreShika's franchise sales are this:

PS1 : Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke ( SCE ) { 1999-06-17 } - 34,919 / 137,559
PSP : Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke ( SCE ) { 2011-11-10 } - 88,694 / 134,532

There's no way this is more expensive than Freedom Wars, Killzone, Uncharted, LBP, etc.

Made me think that it's a monster hunting game.

All Vita games from Japan are Monster Hunter clones.

Ohman Ohman Ohman, I hope the US gets hot shots golf. It was always a game I've wanted, but never felt compelled to purchase at full price. More of a "when my backlog calms down lol" type game.

This is friggin awesome. Let's hope!

OreShika's franchise sales are this:

All Vita games from Japan are Monster Hunter clones.

You forgot the GameArchive sales.

Best Monster Hunter Clone is still Criminal Girls. And anyone who says otherwise is just another whiner who hasn't played the game.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn I'm really regretting buying Injustice vita. The framerate is so bad when the destruction in the background goes down. Holy shit does it get hard to do a basic Green Lantern 40% combo when the framerate starts to drop hard. Don't ever play play on Fortress of Solitude
where you fight regime superman at arcade
either, because the whole fight will be in slow motion almost from the start. Also fuck anyone that tries to play Martian Manhunter online yet alone on any other stage not Atlantis where the framerate is actually steady.

They lowered the character detail but they really should have been lowering the background destruction detail as well, or NRS should have contacted somebody better to do the port. Also netcode is worse than console version which kinda sucks because MK vita actually had a better netcode than consoles. Then that heavy cutscene compression(understandable though because of space I guess)

It was only 12.59(lttp just got PS+ recently, I like it so far) but damn I wished I bought Blackgate instead at this point or saved my money. What's some way I can get a refund?

I guess it's an alright port if you just want to run through arcade, story, and star labs if the framerate doesn't bother you, but for me fuck this port. Should have just listened to the posts on Testyourmight forum

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
No. And it's not exactly known in the west. Unless you're telling me a few group people who never played the game = west.
You are right, but imo more people knows "Over My Dead Body 2" than Oreshika, i myself that i'm well informed i had some hesitations when i read "Oreshika" for the first time, other than because i used to call it OMDB2 it was because of the lack of the "2", I thought it was a totally new game.
"Over My Dead Body" is an original name that hits and remain impressed, "Oreshika" still slips my mind and obviously has zero impact in the west because no one knows what it means and can be confused with other Japanese titles of less known games.

They dropped the 2 because they didn't want to dissuade anyone that hasn't played the first, which would be a lot of people given the fact that the first was never localized.

And no at the bolded. OreShika's franchise sales are this:

PS1 : Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke ( SCE ) { 1999-06-17 } - 34,919 / 137,559
PSP : Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke ( SCE ) { 2011-11-10 } - 88,694 / 134,532

There's no way this is more expensive than Freedom Wars, Killzone, Uncharted, LBP, etc.
The lack of the "2" is a bad idea no matter what imo, they could just say the truth, they didn't want to localize Oreshika 1 and it would have ended there, instead with the current situation if there will be a sequel what will happen, another musou numeration? Games with no numbers and different subtitles that could create confusion? They are all bad solutions imo.

I was not talking about sales or the saga's fame, Oreshika is probably the current biggest Sony effort for Vita together with Freedom Wars and Gravity Rush 2, and i don't agree that a jrpg that seems to be complex, long, with lot of replaybility, anime cutscenes etc is cheap, it's more expensive than Freedom Wars imo(jrpg bestiary vs relatively few monsters, jrpg world vs some arenas etc).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nobody but a few people on online message boards know what Over My Dead Body is.
And anyone who knew what that was, now knows that Oreshika is making it's way to NA.

Redhood

So Sony is staying mum on the whole psp and ps1 compatibility flood gates. Hopefully we get some official word out. I dont wanna miss out on spyro and crash.
I aint buying those games at full price. They have been on sale 2 times already this year.

Takao

Banned
Natsume is localizing another Kemco PSP RPG: https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/458984763596894208/photo/1

I guess Mystic Chronicles did well enough for them? The license must've been really cheap. I won't make a thread since I guessed the game on the first shot, and want them to properly announce it.

I was not talking about sales or the saga's fame, Oreshika is probably the current biggest Sony effort for Vita together with Freedom Wars and Gravity Rush 2, and i don't agree that a jrpg that seems to be complex, long, with lot of replaybility, anime cutscenes etc is cheap, it's more expensive than Freedom Wars imo(jrpg bestiary vs relatively few monsters, jrpg world vs some arenas etc).

OreShika 2 has been in development for likely less than 2 years. Freedom Wars has been in some stage of development for over three years.

neoemonk

Muramasa would be an excellent pickup for US PS+. Since I already have Hot Shots Golf I'm assuming we will only get that one however.

Does Sword Art Online do really well on Toonami? I'm surprised its getting localized before God Eater 2. I really enjoyed the first one on psp but I guess it only sold a dozen copies :(

Shengar

Takao already made a good point on the exclusion of the "2" from the title. Even XSeed doing this with Akiba's Trip. You don't want to scare away casual buyer from not playing non-existent localized first game.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Muramasa would be an excellent pickup for US PS+. Since I already have Hot Shots Golf I'm assuming we will only get that one however.
Muramasa and hot shots golf are both games I've never played. Would be fantastic to have them as plus freebies.

us ps plus rarely has the same lineup as the EU though.

Man the save system in Crash 1 is such BS. I hate having to replay previously completed levels just because I died in the next one. Fun game except that aspect.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Natsume is localizing another Kemco PSP RPG: https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/458984763596894208/photo/1

I guess Mystic Chronicles did well enough for them? The license must've been really cheap. I won't make a thread since I guessed the game on the first shot, and want them to properly announce it.

OreShika 2 has been in development for likely less than 2 years. Freedom Wars has been in some stage of development for over three years.

I guess that Putty Squad, announced in 2010, is more expensive than Oreshika 2 and Freedom Wars :p

Over my Dead Body has a totally different meaning in the West, also having a 2 would make people feel like they are going to miss out on the story because they havent played the first one.

I think they made the right choice. Also i really doubt its their most expensive Vita project, Freedom Wars is no doubt their most expensive game

PS+ EU in May:

Stick it to the Man (PS4)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Payday 2 (PS3)
Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
Everybody's Golf (Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/23/coming-ps-plus-may-puppeteer-payday-2-muramasa/

Holy crap. EU putting NA on blast... again.

Vita-side it's another disappointing month. Quality wise they nailed it, though, they're both great games for what I've heard.

How is it disappointing unless you own both already? I own both already but I would be floored if they came to NA PS+ just because it would mean that NA PS+ might have a hope of actually providing solid free games.

Oh man, I'm jealous. I wonder what NA will get for Vita.

Garbage. As usual.

Man the save system in Crash 1 is such BS. I hate having to replay previously completed levels just because I died in the next one. Fun game except that aspect.

Remember when games didn't have saves? Or when you had to write down a password full of indistinguishable characters that never worked when you tried to put them back in?

I'm guessing you don't. :lol

nampad

And the idiots from the EU store upload episode 2 for TWD first and list it under recent releases instead of the season pass or episode 1.
You can find and buy the season pass per search but then you still don't hbe episode 1 to download...

nampad

The backgrounds for Thief and Steamworld Dig are switched on the PS4 store under the 'best games' tab, looks funny seeing Garret in front of that comic graphic zombie.

The store team is on fire with mistakes.

maouvin

Have you guys ever wanted a game, then it went free on Plus, but you still want to buy the game anyways?

Only with the PS4 and those games joining the IGC the same day they launch.

On the other systems, not so much - if I was going to buy a game, I'd probably get it before it got into the IGC.

Have you guys ever wanted a game, then it went free on Plus, but you still want to buy the game anyways?

Sonic AllStar, and New Little King (I missed this on +). I want them added on my account permanently not just tied to it due to a subscription. That's why I value a + sale than being free on +, since I don't know if I can afford subscribing to + in the long term.

ZeroAKA

Sometimes, but it's not a big deal for me because I will probably remain subscribed to PS+ as long as I own a PS system and the benefits stay the same (sales and IGC, specifically).

VLiberty

I can't articulate how much I hate people who just post random links without context, especially Twitter links which are awful to load on a smartphone.

Also, your no Bend Vita game speculation just makes it sound like that was actually part of the tweet.

Sorry :/

How is it disappointing unless you own both already? I own both already but I would be floored if they came to NA PS+ just because it would mean that NA PS+ might have a hope of actually providing solid free games.

I mean that I'm not interested in those two games because I don't like these kind of games, but I know that they're good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom