• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/17/09 – NINJA GAIDEN 2 Demo (JP)

Gibb

Goldrusher said:
Still nothing up here in Flanders.
And why in the name of anything that's holy can't we do a "Search" in the Belgian Store?
All other stores have a search function, what's up with that?

edit: lol ^^

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Damn Trine looks pretty good. Passed the first there levels. There are some rough edges here and there but I'm fascinated. Graphically is dense, colorful and flat out amazing albeit the aesthetic delight is corrupted by some odd minimal but constant stuttering in scrolling and animations. It's odd. I don't think it's a frame rate issue cos you can see it on every bit of scenery that moves. In any case, it's forgettable.

Having a lot of fun with puzzles flexibility and such and the whole atmosphere just sucks me in.

The narrator voice is awesome.

It looks better than Shadow Complex :p

But ain't as smooth

BeeDog

TTP said:
Damn Trine looks pretty good. Passed the first there levels. There are some rough edges here and there but I'm fascinated. Graphically is dense, colorful and flat out amazing albeit the aesthetic delight is corrupted by some odd minimal but constant stuttering in scrolling and animations. It's odd. I don't think it's a frame rate issue cos you can see it on every bit of scenery that moves. In any case, it's forgettable.

Having a lot of fun with puzzles flexibility and such and the whole atmosphere just sucks me in.

So other than the strange stuttering, the FPS is solid? No sudden infuriating drops and all that? How well does the game control?

Jtrizzy

TTP said:

It looks better than Shadow Complex :p

But ain't as smooth

The ingame cut scenes in Shadow Complex were fugly:lol Overall it looked good, but not as good as I hoped...It was an awesome game though

Hopefully this comes to the US tonight. I've been waiting for this game for ages it seems like.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
So other than the strange stuttering, the FPS is solid? No sudden infuriating drops and all that? How well does the game control?

No frame drops whatsoever till the point I got. It's solid 30fps (with little odd stutters).

It controls pretty well. You move the mage with the left stick and the cursor (to use magic) with the right one. You can't move and cast simultaneously, but pehaprs it's a future upgrade (there is a whole RPG-like upgrade system with items to collect and XP points to spend on upgrades). As for the thief, you aim and shoot with the right stick (tilt to aim, release to shoot) and use the grapple (only on wooden surfaces) with R2 or L2. It automatically sticks to the closer wooden platform. No need to aim this. It works ok. The knight is pretty standard affair (square to attack, right stick orientation to defend via shield from attacks coming from whatever direction). I just got an upgrade which allows me to grab objects (with circle) and toss them (right stick orientation plus release). Jump physics are fine, a bit "rigid" but fine.

Volcynika

Jtrizzy said:
The ingame cut scenes in Shadow Complex were fugly:lol Overall it looked good, but not as good as I hoped...It was an awesome game though

Hopefully this comes to the US tonight. I've been waiting for this game for ages it seems like.

Posted earlier in the thread, but confirmed it's not coming to the US today.

BeeDog

Thanks TTP, will probably buy it then since I really liked the demo on ze PC.

Speevy said:
I hate to be the one to ask this question, but does NGS2 run at sub-720p like NG2 did?

No, 720p with 2x MSAA.

Ridley327

TTP said:
No frame drops whatsoever till the point I got. It's solid 30fps (with little odd stutters).

It controls pretty well. You move the mage with the left stick and the cursor (to use magic) with the right one. You can't move and cast simultaneously, but pehaprs it's a future upgrade (there is a whole RPG-like upgrade system with items to collect and XP points to spend on upgrades). As for the thief, you aim and shoot with the right stick (tilt to aim, release to shoot) and use the grapple (only on wooden surfaces) with R2 or L2. It automatically sticks to the closer wooden platform. No need to aim this. It works ok. The knight is pretty standard affair (square to attack, right stick orientation to defend via shield from attacks coming from whatever direction). I just got an upgrade which allows me to grab objects (with circle) and toss them (right stick orientation plus release). Jump physics are fine, a bit "rigid" but fine.

You can move and cast magic at the same time, but you move very slowly. There's no upgrade for it in that regard, either.

ibu said:
Is the Yuroland update up yet?

I checked a second ago and still nothing. What the fuck happened to the timely updates that used to go out at an hour when most people might still be awake to actually try out the new content. Fucking SCEE fuckwits.

Synless

Die Squirrel Die said:
I checked a second ago and still nothing. What the fuck happened to the timely updates that used to go out at an hour when most people might still be awake to actually try out the new content. Fucking SCEE fuckwits.
It's up, but you have to manually search for everything because nothing is in the "latest" section.

Holy fucking incompetence Batman, the UK stuff is up but the Dante's Inferno dev diaries won't download and the blurb on the Ratchet trailer is in Spanish (or at least I think it's Spanish, Ratchet & Clank : Atrapados en el Tiempo is Spanish right?). I wonder if anything else is fucked.

ibu

Die Squirrel Die said:
Holy fucking incompetence Batman, the UK stuff is up but the Dante's Inferno dev diaries won't download and the blurb on the Ratchet trailer is in Spanish (or at least I think it's Spanish, Ratchet & Clank : Atrapados en el Tiempo is Spanish right?). I wonder if anything else is fucked.

Its working ok my side of the fence.

Still highly incompetent Euro download service.

Scratch that its all in Spanish and the dante's inferno is not responding... durrrr me

SpokkX

TTP said:

why can´t I find Trine on the Eu store?!

I live in sweden...

How big is Trine meant to be, 'cause I'm slightly worried, when I first tried to purchase it, it timed out, the second time after waiting a bit it gave me a funny beep but it did seems to go through, but if I look at the download list, the thumbnail is the broken image pic, and the filename is just TRINEINSTALLER00, is that meant to happen, and the file is 371mb?

Anyone know if NA is getting the second half minute hero demo this week? LOVED the rpg mode last week, looking foward to checking out the other modes

Also, 12 / 6 pages? Wow, these threads get longer ever week

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Die Squirrel Die said:
How big is Trine meant to be, 'cause I'm slightly worried, when I first tried to purchase it, it timed out, the second time after waiting a bit it gave me a funny beep but it did seems to go through, but if I look at the download list, the thumbnail is the broken image pic, and the filename is just TRINEINSTALLER00, is that meant to happen, and the file is 371mb?

Yes. Don't worry. Everything will be fine when u install it.

Die Squirrel Die said:

Same with me, broken thumbnail and 371Mbs.

Hope it works :lol Installing it lol

GQman2121

Banned
Looks like I have a bunch of demos to download from three different stores tonight when I get home tonight. :)

P.S.
I have a Brutal Legend code in my possession and will setup a dummy account when I get home to share. It's going to take me about 2hours.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
GQman2121 said:
Looks like I have a bunch of demos to download from three different stores tonight when I get home tonight. :)

P.S.
I have a Brutal Legend code in my possession and will setup a dummy account when I get home to share. It's going to take me about 2hours.
You da man.

netguy503

GQman2121 said:

P.S.

Can I have it please?

GQman2121 said:

P.S.
Dibs please.
i"ll love you forever.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
GQman2121 said:
P.S.

Thank you.

ascii42

GQman2121 said:

P.S.
Awesome

netguy503 said:
That's four. That's all that are allowed to share right?
Not if people are awesome and deactivate the account after downloading. Provided you don't need the original account to play demos. Does anybody know?

Jim

Zombie Apocalypse next week.

KONAMI ANNOUNCES RELEASE DATE AND ASSETS FOR ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

The Fight For Survival Hits Xbox LIVE® Arcade On September 23 and PLAYSTATION®NETWORK on September 24

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced the release date and new screenshots from the highly anticipated downloadable game Zombie Apocalypse. Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on September 23 and the PlayStation Network on September 24, Zombie Apocalypse drops players in an epic battle between the dead and the living!
Equipped with ample artillery, players' dual analog stick shooting skills will be put to the test in the thrilling arcade style shooter. As gamers set forth on their mission to conquer zombies, they can choose from up to 11 diverse weapons including assault rifles, flamethrowers and teddy bears filled with C4 explosives. A chainsaw is also available to players who want an up close and personal encounter with the roaming dead. Savvy players can also take advantage of their surroundings as they utilize environmental hazards to destroy massive hordes of zombies.

Players navigate through seven environments and fight their way through 55 days of zombie attacks without becoming a brainless zombie. Should they succeed, they will be rewarded with seven challenging game modes that will enable them to re-live the apocalypse all over again. As an added bonus, gamers do not have to face the evil masses alone as multiplayer capabilities allow up to four shooters to take on the zombie confrontation locally or co-operatively online.

Zombie Apocalypse will be available on September 23 on Xbox LIVE Arcade for 800 Microsoft Points and September 24 on PlayStation Network for $9.99.

ascii42 said:
Not if people are awesome and deactivate the account after downloading. Provided you don't need the original account to play demos. Does anybody know?
Demos don't need the account on the system as far as I know.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
ascii42 said:
Awesome

It's just a demo so there is no system activation.

Unlimited downloads for everyone!

GQman2121

Banned
ascii42 said:
Awesome

I'm not aware of any limit. I shared the Fight Night and Madden demos a bunch this summer and didn't hear any complaints. But all it takes is one asshole to change the PW and everyone is fucked. So play nice kids. :p

Jucksalbe

Banned
dallow_bg said:
It's just a demo so there is no system activation.

Unlimited downloads for everyone!

Since you don't have to be online with that specific account after you started the download, can several people download the demo at once (from the same account)? Guess that would speed things up a bit.

Oh, and me too! :D

GQman2121 said:

P.S.

Thanks brother, awesome!

Top Bottom