• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB VI: Return of the Fairy (Pokémon E3 Information Summary)

With Pokemon-Amie, anyone can abuse it w/o riding their bikes/rollerblades up and down for 20+ mins. It reminds me using potion on Pikachu repeatably lol

Ah, right, OK. Sorry, just saw they hadn't been featured in Coro Coro and jumped to conclusions.

I wonder if they were last minute additions to E3.
Well, those two specifically showed up in that example battle during the Roundtable. And they weren't in the Direct or CoroCoro - they probably were saved to be shown off specifically during that. Also, unlike the Direct/CoroCoro, the roundtable was specifically an E3 thing (which had a translated video posted like yesterday), so maybe that proved to be the difference.

Anybody else not miss sprites at all? Ive been here since gen I and i love the new models. Just show me dragonite baby. And jugding by all these trailers it seems like these games will have a fuck ton of pokemon. Which makes sense considering that they have yet to figure out a way to transfer pokes from gen v to gen vi.

This ain't like SF3-->4 transition, these sprites and their animation wasn't exactly alot to write home about.

I'm not sure that Pokémon-Amie is explicitly targeted towards happiness. It seems to me that they've been hinting at some sort of bond value or something, which has tangible in-battle effects.

DaBoss

I'm guessing it'll be just a different way to do it, while battling still increases happiness.

I guess co-existing would work.

I'm not sure that Pokémon-Amie is explicitly targeted towards happiness. It seems to me that they've been hinting at some sort of bond value or something, which has tangible in-battle effects.

So it could be possible they are introducing another "value" stat to existing Pokemon mechanics system? Could be like you said a bond value. I think this makes the most sense.

Rocky

Banned
Man that girls hair is like a cross between the bw2's female hair and cinccino .... And strangely I like it

Edit: also didn't ash get to
top 4 and then got story trolled because he faced a guy with a fing darkrai and Latios? I thought that was the biggest bs I've ever seen

If she doesn't have a Cinccino, I will be disappointed.

I was thinking she reminded me more of Gothorita with those bows going down her shirt.

I guess co-existing would work.

So it could be possible they are introducing another "value" stat to existing Pokemon mechanics system? Could be like you said a bond value. I think this makes the most sense.
Well it would have to be another stat - they'd have to have some way of tracking changes to a Pokemon's evasion/crit modifier.

Also, considering they're adding Fairy, that may be their excuse for messing around with the base data structure. At the very least they're gonna have to change anything that relies on the amount of types, like Hidden Power.

Anura

Anybody else not miss sprites at all? Ive been here since gen I and i love the new models. Just show me dragonite baby. And jugding by all these trailers it seems like these games will have a fuck ton of pokemon. Which makes sense considering that they have yet to figure out a way to transfer pokes from gen v to gen vi.

Member of th Gen 1 master race here, and I gotta say I feel the same way. My only worry was if the could transition the art style to 3D, but they nailed it so no issues here.

I like sprites, but pokemon has never been known for its masterful sprite work...

I don't miss the sprites, either. The game looks nice so bring on the models! ~

As for transferring, remember that they are indeed working on it. It's not a hardware issue - the 3DS can connect to the DS just fine - so there should be multiple possible solutions, even if Nintendo has to update the 3DS firmware.

I'm guessing it'll be just a different way to do it, while battling still increases happiness.

I'm interested in how it will affect dodging and the like in battle, and what the cap is like. I don't even bother with the competitive scene, but it would be interesting to see a Pokemon dodging everything because the trainer spent a lot of time with it in Pokemon-Amie.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in how it will affect dodging and the like in battle, and what the cap is like. I don't even bother with the competitive scene, but it would be interesting to see a Pokemon dodging everything because the trainer spent a lot of time with it in Pokemon-Amie.

Competitively speaking that would be annoying as fuck.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1371343408234ydxf8.gif

big GIF warning

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh same thing barring Clauncher and Skrelp, but they showed new models of old Pokemon... and Sableye and Dunsparce are fucking cute in Pokemon-amie! Dunsparce has that creepy/cute chuckle after petting it!

That was very obvious hints for their evolution to happened in next generation. >_>

I wonder if we'll get any leaked beta sheets from the X and Y anime again? It was around this time in the build-up to Black and White that we saw Iris, Axew, Woobat, Servine and Dewott from the sketches that were leaked.

betaart.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That was very obvious hints for their evolution to happened in next generation. >_>

It seems like Sableye's evolution would've been in this month's CoroCoro if it was evolving in the movie...

Unless they actually surprise us and reveal it actually in the movie without any introduction beforehand.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the tower seems to be a grass type gym too - it could be linked to that "tree swinging" action before.

Ezalc

Oh same thing barring Clauncher and Skrelp, but they showed new models of old Pokemon... and Sableye and Dunsparce are fucking cute in Pokemon-amie! Dunsparce has that creepy/cute chuckle after petting it!

Is there a gif of dunsparce?

YES. There needs to be a Dunsparce evo! He'll crush all those who did not believe in his greatness!!

Velcro Fly

I preordered both at Newegg for $34 on separate orders. Figured I can cancel whichever one I don't want when the time comes.

zoukka

I will dearly miss them. They were perfect for the game and in my opinion way better than 3D models in every possible way.

Ezalc

I like sprites, just not the pokemon sprites. Golden Sun on the GBA had better sprites than the pokemon games did in the DS. It was fucking shameful man.

Top Bottom