• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB VI: Return of the Fairy (Pokémon E3 Information Summary)

Hedge

Not getting the Leo hate either. His design pretty screams "I'M GOING TO BECOME A BADASS". You'd be silly to write him off.

Or "I'M REALLY DIGGING THIS CATNIP GUYS".

I like him, personally. He's most certianly going evolve into the first fire/fairy type, and then he's going to be just as ferocious as fletchling. Death on wings.

Either way, his design is simple and cute, and I don't remember there being any lion-based pokemon (other than Luxray, but eh, that doesn't really look much like a lion).

injurai

Banned
Man that girls hair is like a cross between the bw2's female hair and cinccino .... And strangely I like it

Edit: also didn't ash get to
top 4 and then got story trolled because he faced a guy with a fing darkrai and Latios? I thought that was the biggest bs I've ever seen

yeah, I think I have fully embraced the new pokemon artstyle. I will always welcome back the OG watercolor style, but really everything they are doing now is great. Gen 4 was a hard lesson that I believe they have learned.

Village

yeah, I think I have fully embraced the new pokemon artstyle. I will always welcome back the OG watercolor style, but really everything they are doing now is great. Gen 4 was a hard lesson that I believe they have learned.

Art style wise, I don't think they feel bad about gen 4 at all, it seems like they just built up on gen 4. There were alot of peoples favorites in gen 4.

Ezalc

So how do you folks think its name is pronounced? LIT-lee-oh or lit-ill-EE-oh?

Little-leo. Maybe lih-tlee-oh.

New pokemon look alright. The bug pokemon looks fun, though it's legs always confuse me at first for something else D:. As for the others I feel like my opinion is only ever completely formed on whether or not they evolve. If they do I need to see their evolutions, if not then I could probably do a case by case thing right now, but I'm too lazy.

Bladenic

Oh great another bug gym leader. I swear they better switch it up this time at the E4. Give us new types instead of same old shit. Like Grass. There better at least be a high up Grass gym leader.

injurai

Banned
Art style wise, I don't think they feel bad about gen 4 at all, it seems like they just built up on gen 4. There were alot of peoples favorites in gen 4.

The lesson was, you can't fuck with the classics unless you include mini skirts. But now everything is solved.

injurai

Banned
Besides magmotar looking derp , I honestly have no issue with any other evo's

Also that gen gave me Lucario. All is good.

Well unlike the other gens, DP where hallow games. Atleast Pl is able to stand as a capable game to represent that generation.

Oh great another bug gym leader. I swear they better switch it up this time at the E4. Give us new types instead of same old shit. Like Grass. There better at least be a high up Grass gym leader.

This is the third Bug leader. Only Poison, Psychic, Steel, Dark and Fairy (duh) have been represented less as gym leaders.

It isn't water, which has actually had more gym leaders than generations up until this point.

Bladenic

This is the third Bug leader. Only Poison, Steel, Dark and Fairy (duh) have been represented less.

Yes but Bug has gotten representation as E4. I just hope it's not the same Dark/Dragon/Fighting/Ghost/Psychic we always get at E4 with a few other random types like Bug and Fire.

And yes, we need a Dark gym leader.

I feel confident in saying we'll have a grass...
rope.jpg
and fairy...
gym at the least.

Also a fire Elite 4 member?

Ezalc

There needs to be mostly new types in the E4 this time. Eletric, Water, Grass, Flying. I'd love to see some of that variety. It's always psychic, ice, bug, ghost or something.

There needs to be mostly new types in the E4 this time. Eletric, Water, Grass, Flying. I'd love to see some of that variety. It's always psychic, ice, bug, ghost or something.
To be fair gen 5 did give us alder our first technicaly bug champion even though his Pokemon outside of volc was complete bull
Also man Wallace gets no love :'( (kidding I think Wallace was the worst of the champions :/) but yeah personally I would rather see the e4 use types not used in the regions gyms and give them really strong types like dragon or dark or ghost because it gives me the feeling of them being strong I would like to see an elec e4 member though

Also In terms of art I actually liked gen 4s art style it felt like a natural progression from 3 imho and I felt with each gen they improve on it I also definitely see the appeal for gen 1 and 2 as well as I wish they could do some cool little homages to it with the newer gens :p

For those who care, these Pokémon are appearing in the anime.

Alexa is going to be travelling with Ash and Co for a bit. She has a Helioptile, Gogoat and Noivern

alexabig.jpg
noivern.jpg

Also, Newtwo is appearing in a special episode the week before which leads into the upcoming movie

mewtwosp1.jpg
mewtwosp2.jpg
mewtwosp3.jpg

Hah, thats pretty awesome. Any more anime shots of the new Pokemon?

And when it does, people will love it. For now, it should be known as Derpleo.
6HK9gKI.png

See, I like him, but his eyes are a little goofy and he doesn't look lion enough for me.. he kinda looks a bear cub mixed with a lion cub.

I wish it has whiskers! It would pull it together IMO.

Alexa has a Helioptile. I like her already.

Speaking of our lizardy friend; I wonder what I'm going to name mine? I'll probably have to see its evolution/anime appearance to be sure.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah... good point...

How would Pokemon-amie work with Pokemon like Starmie line, Magnemite line, Sigilyph, Cryogonal, Unown, Shedinja, Nosepass, Lunatone, Solrock, and all other "weird" Pokemon?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Watch it get a second typing that makes it take 50% stealth rock damage.

NeonZ

ESGwdWF.png

I really hope those designs end up being usable in the actual game, instead of being a representation of your character to other players, because they're really good / varied.

I think they're mostly custom trainers. You can easily see reused pieces, hair styles and faces putting them side by side.

The two without hats look kind of out of place though. The others all could be achieved by changing clothes and hair of the initial trainers, but those two seem to have different faces and don't seem to share any assets with the others. I guess there might be a transformation saloon or something where you could change everything about your character, but I don't think it's very likely. So, those two might be just multiplayer avatars based on trainer types like the ones in Black & White.

It *is* suspicious that they chose those two, completely at random, to show off Nintendogs: Pokemon.

Wasn't there some speculation about Sableye getting an evo?

It *is* suspicious that they chose those two, completely at random, to show off Nintendogs: Pokemon.

Wasn't there some speculation about Sableye getting an evo?

There's speculation about both getting an evo. Sableye's randomly cameoing in the next movie, and Dunsparce's been the object of Ash's interest in the anime for a little while now. There's definitely something going on involving those two...

*Rumor antennas twitch*

Also, if I didn't miss any, they showed off Noivern, Talonflame, Litleo, Furabébé, Scatterbug, Spewpa, and Vivillon. They also showed off the band of friends and the first town. So, they're saving Skrelp, Clauncher, and gym stuff for the next few weeks, probably.

The anime IS like this. If you take 5 action packed one minute long scenes spread across an entire saga and put it into a trailer with intense music, then it is EXACTLY like this

Not quite. Though Unova was alright while Team Rocket was badass.

Also, the Pokemon Special Episode with Raikou was better than the regular series as well. I don't really like Ash anymore, I guess. Something slightly more serious, a little more action-packed, but still not too serious. Again, that special episode had a better tone than the regular series.

Anybody else not miss sprites at all? Ive been here since gen I and i love the new models. Just show me dragonite baby. And jugding by all these trailers it seems like these games will have a fuck ton of pokemon. Which makes sense considering that they have yet to figure out a way to transfer pokes from gen v to gen vi.

Anybody else not miss sprites at all? Ive been here since gen I and i love the new models. Just show me dragonite baby. And jugding by all these trailers it seems like these games will have a fuck ton of pokemon. Which makes sense considering that they have yet to figure out a way to transfer pokes from gen v to gen vi.

Not even a little bit.

So! Who's betting Pokémon Amie will be involved in at least one Pokémon's evolution? Then again, it might just be the same as happiness evolutions...

Top Bottom