• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

*Splinter

Sawneeks for you too?

Come to think of it, why didn't you notice nor comment on Barry's death?
I noticed at the time, I don't know why I forgot it just then.

I didn't comment? I guess I had nothing to add. He's a low info kill - presumably had already been pointed out - and his flip isn't very helpful for the time being. I'd rather wait for those [redacted]s to be revealed than waste discussion time speculating.

Verelios

Hello verelios. Can you elaborate on this comment once more?

It Struck me beacuse in my mind salva had been doing the exact opposite. Writing bs and fluff posts until he came to his senses and Made a pretty good Post (Of course he repated something that hasld been alreqdy said, but he put hia Take on things ). You called him for that Post and called it fluff. I mean How can you say that his previous posts where not bs / fluff while saxijg that the above is.
In context. When there's already a discussion going then I don't register it, but dropping fluff in the middle of nowhere is conspicuous, that's what I meant by fluffy

fjKOumC.gif

Burbeting

Banned
sophia (1)
gorlak 830
thegoddamn 1044 (1155)

verelios (2)
melonrabbit 832 (871)
fireblend 1226
salvapot 1355

roytheone (0)
sawneeks 836 (911)
blargonaut 985 (1015)

dusk soldier (1)
roytheone 872

nin1000 (0)
sawneeks 911 (1285)

stanleypalmtree (0)
verelios 923 (988)

blargonaut (0)
blargonaut 1015 (1161)

royal_flush (4)
*splinter 1129
sawneeks 1285
sophia 1291 (1342)
melonrabbit 1326
verelios 1346

unmasked ferret (0)
blargonaut 1167 (1201)

salvapot (2)
blargonaut 1201
royal_flush 1387

thegoddamn (1)
ty4on 1255

christina mackenzie (2)
sophia 1342
sophia 1342

bla_1474484400.png

El Topo

That said, she clearly has the double vote ability, which likely means she's a pokemon and thus probably town, unless there is a scum pokemon? Maybe Meowth? Either way, probably not going to get us anywhere for now, I'm just sceptical because of how quickly she took my side on D1, but that's probably just my paranoia.

*Splinter

That said, she clearly has the double vote ability, which likely means she's a pokemon and thus probably town, unless there is a scum pokemon? Maybe Meowth? Either way, probably not going to get us anywhere for now, I'm just sceptical because of how quickly she took my side on D1, but that's probably just my paranoia.
Oh now I'm confused. Did you mean caught by a trainer or "caught" (killed) by scum?

Why would scum have killed Sophia? She was one of the top candidates on day 1.

Had a stressful day and a half since I last posted. Been trying to stay on top of the thread on mobile, though!

I'm leaning more towards C or D on this one, but my gut is telling me that all pokemon start as town (unless Team Rocket started with a pokemon or two) and are told what their new alignment is when/if caught.

My position is D. Your "All Pokemon are town unless caught by Team Rocket" addition is a good one, but runs counter to Sawneeks saying this about Price is Right:

You should read Price is Right because what you just described did actually happen. Spoilers: It was stressful and a lot of fun.

However, your point isn't necessarily invalidated because it could be a differentiator between this game and Price is Right.

Sawneeks, thanks for the info about PiR. Since that did happen before, I don't need the extra stress of reading through that particular mason chat : P

TheGoddamn, how do you feel about Ty4on

I'm a little flattered that he is so aware of what time it is where I am at (as well as his expectations of when I should be posting). Leaning town, although it could also be a scum deflection. To be perfectly honest, when I was casually reading on D1 (before I was asked by Burb to sub) I felt that either Sophia, Darryl, or Ty4on were scum. Needless to say, that changed when I inherited Darryl's PM from Burb.

If a Sophia lynch wasn't on the cards for today, who would you vote for?

I'm not sure yet. I still have some reviewing to do after I post this.

TheGoddamn has been a non-factor today. Votes Sophia because she shouldn't have survived the night, then unvotes and starts more role speculation. While I did town-read Darryl, his late no-lynch vote was interesting; a previously aggressive player getting cold feet?

Really says a lot about TheGoddamn that we have so little to go off of we're analyzing Darryl instead. :p

Of course, he sure does have enough time to comment on the flip with mostly pointless speculation instead of scum hunting.

The darryl/goddamn combo is a weird part of this game for me, since I felt good about Darryl being town, but Goddamn feels a lot worse with his heavy focus on the trainer stuff and his weird theory that it is likely just a mason thing. This makes me feel confused :(

I didn't say I was theorizing/speculating! I'm focusing on that because it's what I can focus on right now.

And yeah, Darryl's no-lynch did strike me as odd, which was disabused when I saw my PM.

Could you please explain why you unvoted here? Because you just accuse Sophia of being Scummy and give briefs reasons as to why you think so and then....you unvote her???

No, I accused Sophia of being scummy and then acknowledged the counterarguments given me as to why she was not. Then I unvoted.

I'll be up for the next few hours, maybe until day's end (at my 0300h). I'll read some more, and finalize my vote in this period. We'll likely have more information by tomorrow why Sophia survived.

El Topo

scum tried to kill her but a Doctor intervened on her behalf, Barrylocke was killed by a Vigilante or SK, or by a Veteran that he tried to capture

Yeah, I mean, there are obviously plenty of possibilities.

Are we still pretending a double vote isn't a bottom-tier power?

It's absolutely a bottom-tier power, I agree. That said, it's not like that is the sole reason to NK her. She's also a very active and involved player.

1. roytheone [m] - EQUILATERAL
2. Sophia [f] - ISOCELES
3. Dusk Soldier [m] - EQUILATERAL
4. Blargonaut [m] - SCUM
5. Bronx-Man [m]
6. Ty4on [m] - EQUILATERAL
7. SalvaPot [m] - EQUILATERAL
8. Fireblend [m] - EQUILATERAL
9. Royal_Flush [m] - EQUILATERAL
10. Darryl [m] --> TheGoddamn [m] - SCALENE
11. El Topo [m] - SCALENE
12. melonrabbit [f] - EQUILATERAL
13. Unmasked Ferret [m] - EQUILATERAL
14. Gorlak [m] - EQUILATERAL
15. Sawneeks [f] - EQUILATERAL
16. Hyperactivity [m] --> Barrylocke [m]
17. Lone_Prodigy [m] - EQUILATERAL
18. Ynnek7 [m] - SCALENE
19. StanleyPalmtree [m] - EQUILATERAL
20. Kawl_USC [m] --> *Splinter [m] - ISOCELES
21. nin1000 [m] - SCALENE
22. Verelios [m] - EQUILATERAL
23. Christina Mackenzie [m] - ISOCELES​

*snip*

I'm a little flattered that he is so aware of what time it is where I am at (as well as his expectations of when I should be posting). Leaning town, although it could also be a scum deflection. To be perfectly honest, when I was casually reading on D1 (before I was asked by Burb to sub) I felt that either Sophia, Darryl, or Ty4on were scum. Needless to say, that changed when I inherited Darryl's PM from Burb.

*snip*

cool

What does it say

Ty4on

Yeah, I mean, there are obviously plenty of possibilities.

It's absolutely a bottom-tier power, I agree. That said, it's not like that is the sole reason to NK her. She's also a very active and involved player.
Scum were clearly trying to kill an active player. That's why Sawneeks, Splinter, me and I guess Blargonaut (postcount leader) are all still alive.

*Splinter

Isosceles is more similar to equilateral than scalene. Maybe isosceles represents trainers?
Possible, and now I realised there are only 3 of them.

I was using Sophia = Scum as a baseline though as that's the only serious(?) vote I remember from Blarg.

She also claimed a pokemon which makes neutral or trainer less likely I think.

nin1000

Banned
Hello Sophia. Since you have a one time double vote, wouldn't it be more efficient if you would use it 4 hours ,or less, before the day ends ? What I am trying to say is that you can place a normal vote on one of the players that you find auspicious. But in the end , if you really want to make an impact it usually is more effective at the day end ( of course not too close to the deadline ). What are your thoughs on it and how will you be trying to use it in the coming days. ( Of course if you don't want to respond to the last bit I can understand since the surprise is also a ln effective tool )

Ty4on

Why did that change? Darryl I can understand, but why me and Sophia?

Why do you struggle to see Sophia as scum?

Uses PR ability 3 hours(?) before end of day, on Blargonaut for no reason other than to give him something to think about. Later goes back to El Topo. Intentional flaunting of ability. Wouldn't exactly say she's in danger with the vote count, believe it was tied between her, El Topo and Bronx-man at 2 a piece. May or may not have seen my unvote.

Yeah, I don't see that behavior as scum-aligned. Nor do I see it as town either.

Just in case I don't get back in time and get lynched:

- If Sophia today again overrides her double vote with a normal vote she's very likely neutral with a win condition that involves the double vote.
- Look not at the people that started harping at me but the people who mention they would vote for me once momentum began to form but didn't commit.
- Don't spare the coasters. That's what cost us Danny Phantom.

That almost makes sense.

Why did that change? Darryl I can understand, but why me and Sophia?

Sorry, I see now how my choice of words can be read another way. I'll recast: when I was casually reading the thread, I thought at least one among you, Sophia, and Darryl were scum. That changed in the sense that Darryl was eliminated from the possibilities when I got the PM from Burb. Then, later on my position on Sophia changed as well, which just leaves you. I've never played with you before, so I'm still trying to figure you out. You call me out pretty often and specifically as regards my timezone. As I told Blarg, this behavior seems aggressive town or deflecting scum.

*Splinter

Maybe? She has been inactive lately while you've been active.
Fair point, it could just be that.

I can't pinpoint exactly when I started thinking this, but for a while I've thought she's had less of a presence than her post count suggests. I know that even in day 1 there was a point where I wanted to call her out (I mentioned it but by then she had started posting reads) but I don't know what the post counts looked like back then.

*Splinter

That almost makes sense.
Seems reasonable to me, she removes her double to preserve it. Not unreasonable given that it's an x-shot, but could point to ulterior motives (especially as she should have used it yesterday, either on melon or Bronx).

It does beg the question why she'd reveal on D1 though.

Uses PR ability 3 hours(?) before end of day, on Blargonaut for no reason other than to give him something to think about. Later goes back to El Topo. Intentional flaunting of ability. Wouldn't exactly say she's in danger with the vote count, believe it was tied between her, El Topo and Bronx-man at 2 a piece. May or may not have seen my unvote.

Yeah, I don't see that behavior as scum-aligned. Nor do I see it as town either.
This, on the other hand... 🤔

Ty4on

I can see her being trigger happy and wanting to claim a PR so people voting for her get cold feet.

If she's a neutral who has to use it, why didn't she just claim right away or come up with a better excuse for her double vote?

Top Bottom