• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan, and most conservative leaders in general, seem like they'd be uptight and boring to chat with over dinner.

Ryan is a sniveling weasel and a failed leader. Probably disgusting in Trump's eyes. Getting attention from capable and respected people like Pelosi, and Schumer validates Trump's sense of self-importance.

Hopfrog

Made worse by Trump doing stuff people want, while the GOP wants to do things nobody likes.

It'll end up making the GOP look horribly out of touch with voters, when even the president is for certain things.

Yep. It is also perverse, yet fitting, that the one thing I could see getting the Republicans to even consider impeaching Trump would not be any sort of moral failing, racism, or even criminal activity, but rather the mortal sin of working with Democrats.

At this point, I think it would be better for everyone's sanity to stay out of Hillary/Bernie threads.

Nothing is gained. Its the same recycling of points. No one is changing opinions.

Also lol at Brietbart and /pol/

Edit: I need to do a better job practicing what I preach.

Hopfrog

At this point, I think it would be better for everyone's sanity to stay out of Hillary/Bernie threads.

Nothing is gained. Its the same recycling of points. No one is changing opinions.

You saw that one too eh? I think it is worth having the debate both inside and outside the party between the more progressive elements on the left and centrists, but these threads that keep popping up seldom have any of that - just bitter recriminations for pages and pages.

NeoXChaos

was this division around pre-2015? Like if someone made a single payer thread in 2012 would it have turned into a shouting match of corporal shill, neoliberal (a term I never heard of until 2015) the democrats have failed us etc.

I dunno, listening to El Rushbo callers are twisting themselves into pretzels to make this about how Trump is playing fifth-dimensional chess with Democrats.

Oh, and that Ryan/McConnell are losers.

Having Sean Spicer on late night talk shows and being all chummy is all kinds of fucked. Dude was attempting to dismantle democracy.

Media in this country is grade A trash. They have no interest in preserving democracy. I remember CNN anchors joking about the reporter being assaulted by the Montana GOP House candidate a few months ago.

Their first and foremost goals are money and profits. They don't care if the world burns around them. In fact, they probably get off on it.

Having Sean Spicer on late night talk shows and being all chummy is all kinds of fucked. Dude was attempting to dismantle democracy.

Eh Spicer is just a hapless career political media liaison. Guy had no say in any policy. He just had to go out there and look like an idiot on behalf of his idiot boss.

Armaros

https://twitter.com/danmericacnn/status/908337462845505536

WH spox: Trump 'will not be discussing amnesty' but will discuss 'legal citizenship over a period of time'

17663012_279162309194804_5843848127752175616_n.jpg

Diablos

I won't talk about that thing, but if you talk about that other thing that's essentially a part of that thing then I may talk about that thing. #MAGA!

pigeon

Banned
Eh Spicer is just a hapless career political media liaison. Guy had no say in any policy. He just had to go out there and look like an idiot on behalf of his idiot boss.

Nobody held a gun to his head. He could've quit when Trump was making him defend white supremacist policies. Instead he quit because he thought Scaramucci was an asshole.

Hopfrog

Edit: I need to do a better job practicing what I preach.

And there's the lock. Lasted longer than I thought.

He willingly participated in the advancement of state propaganda of a white supremacist.

Nobody held a gun to his head. He could've quit when Trump was making him defend white supremacist policies. Instead he quit because he thought Scaramucci was an asshole.

I mean I think it's more that he followed his old boss from the RNC and thought it'd be a cush six figure gig. But yeah I mean fuck him I don't really care. Just don't think it's that deplorable that he's been making the news channel rounds. He's not Bannon or Miller.

Mr.Mike

Hot take: Democratic states could make employers surface how much they pay for people's health insurance on their paycheques. Perhaps have health benefits start counting as taxable income people have to see and report when they pay their taxes, but initially provide a tax credit for the full amount payable on health benefits.

kirblar

Hot take: Democratic states could make employers surface how much they pay for people's health insurance on their paycheques. Perhaps have health benefits start counting as taxable income they have to see and report when they pay their taxes, but initially provide a tax credit for the full amount payable on health benefits.
This would be a good first step to try and move that to people's actual income, yes.

Holy crap that thread is a graveyard.

Yeah I'm not going into those anymore :p

Just skimmed it and yeah, what a minefield.

On politics, what's the over/under on DREAM Act or similar getting signed before Trump has another huge wave of bad news and gets all cranky and contrary? This might be a case when I want the oppo to stay off the radar for a bit.

Hot take: Democratic states could make employers surface how much they pay for people's health insurance on their paycheques. Perhaps have health benefits start counting as taxable income people have to see and report when they pay their taxes, but initially provide a tax credit for the full amount payable on health benefits.

I'm pretty sure how much my company pays is on some pay statement somewhere.

It's certainly in the benefits info when I enroll each year.

Companies don't keep this stuff secret or anything-- they want you to know what benefits you are getting.

studyguy

Trump shitting the bed immediately before or after signing some legislation feels like a given at this point no? He's been extraordinarily quiet for a while now. Usually he's at his worst after these stints of disappearing.

numble

Holy crap that thread is a graveyard.

Yeah I'm not going into those anymore :p
I did my part. My overall gist was that yeah, Bernie supporters were divisive and between 6-12% of them ended up voting for Trump. At the same time Hillary's talk is doing no favors to the Democratic party by reopening wounds.
Nah, not with ErasureAcer repeatedly claiming Clinton has a mental illness. Thread flew too close to the sun with that material.
I swear I heard the same talk coming from TYT or something during the elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom