• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have friends on Facebook that were visibly supporting Donald Trump for months leading up to the election only to revert back to posting nothing but shitty food photos and nonsense about crappy TV shows in the year long shitstorm that has followed?

To these clowns, the election was just another shitty TV show to post about. They cast their votes in this year's American President contest and now they're back to whatever other garbage they consume until next season starts airing proper.

JettDash

Anyone else have friends on Facebook that were visibly supporting Donald Trump for months leading up to the election only to revert back to posting nothing but shitty food photos and nonsense about crappy TV shows in the year long shitstorm that has followed?

I don't have friends, Facebook or otherwise that support that sack of shit. Merely supporting him is enough for me to unfriend them on FB or IRL.

tbm24

To these clowns, the election was just another shitty TV show to post about. They cast their votes in this year's American President contest and now they're back to whatever other garbage they consume until next season starts airing proper.
In my case it was people who were hardcore sanders supporters, anti-Hillary, don’t vote in the election and then at the end come back and say “it’s okay guys, don’t be upset. Everything will be fine”.

Then week later you learn their parents voted for Trump.

Past election revealed to me how indifferent people are to the politics around them and that I can’t talk to people who I don’t respect for their political views. I’ve maybe talked to my brother in law 4 separate times since last November and he lives in the apartment above me...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can anyone explain what's happening with the Comey/Hillary gaslighting coming from Trump's Twitter right now?
Complete fabrication, misrepresentation of facts, something stupid and unrelated, or just the fact that Comey wrote down everything he did or thought through?

I'm guessing one of the first two, fox has been blasting this.

My guess is that means something big is on the way.

Can anyone explain what's happening with the Comey/Hillary gaslighting coming from Trump's Twitter right now?
Complete fabrication, misrepresentation of facts, something stupid and unrelated, or just the fact that Comey wrote down everything he did or thought through?

I'm guessing one of the first two, fox has been blasting this.
Sessions to testify today. Senate judiciary

Intel briefing
Fox & Friends
probably mentioned it

DMarsAvVoAAsICS

Ernest

Banned
Bringing attention to it is only gonna make it worse for him. Now the news outlets will have to follow the story, most likely getting people to corroborate the phone call and what he said. He's such a fucking idiot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has Trump ever demonstrated once that he knew something big was on the way and tried to get out ahead of it by shitting out gaslight tweets?

Multiple times, actually.

I fully expect a big story this week some time.

Tamanon

Banned
Trump would have some idea a story is coming if his team was asked for comment before posting the story, as they generally are if he's involved.

Plinko

What did he say? I'm just remembering his tweet about when the Manafort raid was reported, which was like a month after the fact.

I recall three times, actually. The Manafort thing was the big one, but there were a couple others where he tried to preemptively deal with it. One of them was where he tried to bash Comey on Twitter hours before the stories about Comey's memos came out.

Plinko

I mean, it is obvious something is wrong with his mind.

He has walked out without signing executive orders numerous times. He repeats himself constantly. He goes back and forth on stories within hours.

chadskin

The mother of the fallen soldier confirmed the account of the Congresswoman:
Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she was in the car during the call from the White House and that "President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband."

Jones-Johnson, speaking to The Post via Facebook Messenger, declined to elaborate.

But asked whether Wilson's account of the conversation between Trump and the family was accurate, she replied: "Yes."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...epiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/

Things are going to get really ugly. If they haven’t already, Breitbart and the alt right are going to dig up every bit of negative information on the congresswoman, and the deceased soldier’s family.

McConnell must be banging his head right now. A day after he comes out with Trump to announce they're moving ahead with tax reform, and Trump derails everything.

This keeps happening. It looks like things are calming down and the GOP is moving ahead, and then suddenly Trump out of nowhere kills all momentum with a completely irrelevant tangent.

Tamanon

Banned
Really looking forward to the "He's no angel" arc on the fallen soldier :|

This is where it gets really ugly that Trump never backs down even when completely in the wrong.

Blader

I recall three times, actually. The Manafort thing was the big one, but there were a couple others where he tried to preemptively deal with it. One of them was where he tried to bash Comey on Twitter hours before the stories about Comey's memos came out.

But I'm asking, what did he say about Manafort before the raid had happened? All I remember is his "Totally unnecessary raid!" or however he phrased it bullshit after it was reported that his home had been raided, which was weeks after the raid had actually taken place.

Trump attacks and lies about so many people on a daily basis that it's hard for me to see any of these things as specific attempts trying to derail or distract from a breaking news story.

Fox318

McConnell must be banging his head right now. A day after he comes out with Trump to announce they're moving ahead with tax reform, and Trump derails everything.

This keeps happening. It looks like things are calming down and the GOP is moving ahead, and then suddenly Trump out of nowhere kills all momentum with a completely irrelevant tangent.

Trump is addicted to attention and Chaos because he is such a cable news junkie and wannabe celebrity.

Congress wants to act in silence without people and donors knowing what they are doing.

Trump simply by having a R next to his name has made it very hard for GOP to rally the political capital needed to pass massive legislation.

Plus you have a ton of senators that don't like Mitch.

But I'm asking, what did he say about Manafort before the raid had happened? All I remember is his "Totally unnecessary raid!" or however he phrased it bullshit after it was reported that his home had been raided, which was weeks after the raid had actually taken place.

Trump attacks and lies about so many people on a daily basis that it's hard for me to see any of these things as specific attempts trying to derail or distract from a breaking news story.

Trump, one morning, went after the FBI for some reason that no one knew about until it was revealed weeks later that THAT was the morning that Manafort was raided.

Trump is addicted to attention and Chaos because he is such a cable news junkie and wannabe celebrity.

Congress wants to act in silence without people and donors knowing what they are doing.

Trump simply by having a R next to his name has made it very hard for GOP to rally the political capital needed to pass massive legislation.

Plus you have a ton of senators that don't like Mitch.

It's interesting there are people like my mom and a bunch of people on Twitter who always go on about how "all of this is a distraction while the GOP robs us" but I look at it as "all of this is a distraction stopping the GOP from robbing us" because so far these crazy nonsense fights he has with random people end up just hurting him and the GOP legislation.

Nothing of consequence was done during the week+ long fight with the NFL. Now nothing will get done until this fizzles out, before the next big stupid thing starts up.

Nobody uses COBRA. Probably one of the most useless government programs that exists.

Anyone on unemployment should instantly qualify for Medicaid. It seems like such a simple thing...

Nobody uses COBRA. Probably one of the most useless government programs that exists.

Anyone on unemployment should instantly qualify for Medicaid. It seems like such a simple thing...

Who the hell can afford $800 per month (Hell it's probably more than that at this point but that was what I remember they wanted me to spend when I lost my job) when they're unemployed?

The mother of the fallen soldier confirmed the account of the Congresswoman:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...epiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/
Cool, turn this into a battle of dumbass senile president and the mother of a dead soldier. And unlike the spat with the Khans, no convenient distraction from how awful you are in the form of Hillary and her emails.

This is where the cries of “But omg Trump is distracting us and making us forget about all the horrible stuff he’s doing!”

While simultaneously halting the GOP agenda because he can’t keep his dumb fucking mouth shut and focus on something for two minutes.

studyguy

Sessions hearing going on right now on CSPAN.
Sessions dodging to Rossenstein memo treating it like we don't know how the timeline on it ended up, Feinstein not relenting on it though. Sessions just dodging literally everything.

Who the hell can afford $800 per month (Hell it's probably more than that at this point but that was what I remember they wanted me to spend when I lost my job) when they're unemployed?

I believe the number of people who use COBRA is in the single digit percent of those that qualify for it.

Take a wild guess which 80s president created this masterpiece of a social safety net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom