• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM CHAOS
Lol

Yeah about what I expected. Yes we are far out, but it isn’t as useless as people seem to think. Sanders would have been at 0% last time, and while he came way above, Hillary still ended up winning.

I stand by that while I get Harris and Gillibrand aren’t going out there, they are going to need to. Because they can run out of time.

kirblar

Lol

Yeah about what I expected. Yes we are far out, but it isn’t as useless as people seem to think. Sanders would have been at 0% last time, and while he came way above, Hillary still ended up winning.

I stand by that while I get Harris and Gillibrand aren’t going out there, they are going to need to. Because they can run out of time.
Obama formally announced in December of '07.

Don't worry, they'll both be in before December '15.

Obama formally announced in December of '07.

Don't worry, they'll both be in before December '15.
Might be hard if not impossible to find but do we have any 05 polling for 08?

I’d have to imagine Obama because of the convention speech was way higher than where they both where at. He down played it but he atleast had much more national recognition than they both seemingly have

Lol

To be fair, you're basically going to be in Iowa for most of it while getting your New Hampshire operation up and running. Putting emphasis on New Hampshire before Iowa is stupid because if you suck in Iowa, you're going to lag going into New Hampshire.

Anyways, because of the delegate threshold, only Bernie and Biden would get delegates.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
How long ago did he say he’d send 25k to the guy, and this is only coming out because the press is following up on his calls now that he made s big deal about former presidents calls? lmao

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wager a hefty sum that Trump simply didn't want to pick up the tab for soldiers dying to a raid on his watch. Instead choosing to quietly ignore it.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/920735123955486721

:thinking: That kind of shit makes you wonder if they're tamping down on the overall timeline of events that occurred out there.

Don't dive into a Benghazi hole.

I do think there's more happening with Niger and the surrounding areas worth digging into. Yglesias made a great point about it yesterday/the other day.

DTC

I feel as if the 2020 dem primary is going to start the second after midterm elections if democrats take the house.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gillibrand needs to get out there more. I think she'd be a pretty good candidate.

She can't until she wins reelection next year. It's a faux pas to ask for reelection when you're actively signaling you aren't planning on serving your term out because you want the big job.

Blader

This is also the stupidest political controversy that doesn't fucking matter since the last one.

How many times are we going to do this, go back and forth, realize Trump's an asshole / dumbass (shocking!) and then rinse/repeat?
Well that's really up to Trump, isn't it?

It was thrown out as soon as Kerry lost by a lot of people. But I'm in the DC area.

Yup. It got louder in 2006, when he was campaigning across the country for various democrats. He simply didn't have the name ID to really make a huge mark in those early polls, and that tends to be the case with early democrat presidential politics. Pre-Trump, there was a pretty long standing chain of republicans having a "next man up" approach to nominees. Reagan was the heir apparent, then HW, then Dole. You could argue W Bush broke that chain and created his own, which gave us McCain and then Romney. Democrats don't really do that (perhaps in part because they haven't won as many presidential elections). The "republicans fall in line, democrats fall in love" thing.

Personally I didn't take Obama seriously in 2005 or 2006. I thought perhaps he was angling for second place, and didn't think he had the balls required to seriously take on the Clinton machine (and do what is required to win), despite him being from Chicago/playing hardball in past. I was wrong.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This thread: https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/919353236771037184

Nobody seems to want to come out and say it but there’s something weird about the nexus of poorly explained stories out of Chad & Niger.

Chad ends up on the latest rev of the travel ban list and nobody is really sure why.

American troops are killed next door in Niger and the White House has nothing to say. Pentagon says it’s a “routine” patrol.

Chad says they’re pulling out of the coalition against Boko Haram.

There are very few western reporters in that part of the world and I sure don’t know anything about it, but something’s going on.

I think you can look this with thinking face emoji and not necessarily be on a Benghazi binge.

But as the Post and 60 Minutes reported, the DEA only signed onto the law reluctantly after leadership changes at both the agency and Justice Department — and after it worked with Hatch on the bill’s language and figured that it got the best possible deal it could.

“DEA felt this wasn’t a great solution, but was the best of the options offered to us, even if it did not fully address the concerns we had previously laid out for you,” Jill Wade Tyson, a congressional liaison officer for the Justice Department, wrote in an email to Senate staff at the time, according to the Post.

As a Senate aide explained, DEA approval was perhaps the most critical point in the debate: If Congress is looking at a bill that affects a federal agency, the bill is going to be much less controversial if the agency approves of it. That the DEA was reluctant — and only came on board after leadership changes and heavy lobbying from the industry, including people like D. Linden Barber, a former DEA lawyer who now works for the drug distributor Cardinal Health — got lost in the process.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/18/16495498/trump-drug-czar-dea-obama

People simply don't care anymore. Inmates are running the asylum.

studyguy

tl;dr for today:
DMcmPN1XUAIPk1L.jpg

Ernest

Banned
How long ago did he say he’d send 25k to the guy, and this is only coming out because the press is following up on his calls now that he made s big deal about former presidents calls? lmao
Very easy to check the date stamp for when it was mailed, assuming he gets it. Chances that the it's dated today or tomorrow?

Sherrod Brown will win in 2020 and that's that on that

I heard him on PSA and I'm a believer he could win. He's that notion of plain spoken and I liked his wife's remarks on how we shouldn't belittle Trump supporters but fight to understand how we can help them. Honestly she needs to get in office somewhere. Everything she said was pretty damn on point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom