• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMbW0zoWsAAsCvK.jpg

https://twitter.com/DanAlexander21/status/920660104508268544

Is anyone doubting who this is lol

Remember that time Trump said something like "Melania really wanted to be here today"? Someone go check that footage, hah.

That's a pretty silly conspiracy without concrete proof. Even considering Trump standards, I'd be honest-to-god surprised by something that strange.

So, uh...there are people that think Melania has a body double

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeVargas/status/920507354403233793
Pictured: Melania Trump

$_1.JPG

Frankly this would have to be the oddest scandal surrounding the Trump administration (assuming any part of it is even slightly true) because usually coverups like these are meant to further some political desire. But given who Trump is, what he lies about and what upsets him it wouldn’t be any fucking surprise.

I imagine Ryan resigns out of shame if Democrats win the House. As to who his replacement would be, who knows.

Kevin McCarthy ostensibly couldn't be Speaker because he'd been sipping Renee Ellmers's sweet tea, but I never bought that excuse. Republicans have never really cared about family values. He, like everyone else, simply balked at taking such a shitty job

Maybe he could be the sacrificial lamb this time.

Blader

Kevin McCarthy ostensibly couldn't be Speaker because he'd been sipping Renee Ellmers's sweet tea, but I never bought that excuse. Republicans have never really cared about family values. He, like everyone else, simply balked at taking such a shitty job

Maybe he could be the sacrificial lamb this time.

Tim Murphy apparently didn't get that memo

Ali Vitali‏Verified account @alivitali 2m2 minutes ago

Asked Kelly feeling on POTUS talking about his son @PressSec says hes "disgusted" by politicization...If he as any anger its towards that."

If only he could direct that anger towards the one person who brought it up and politicized it to begin with.

giphy.gif

They're basically putting all the pressure on Kelly to defend this shit. He must love this.
Anderson Cooper should bring Myeshia Johnson to the airwaves and do his thing. Clear up the bs once and for all, and also learn about LaDavid and who he was as a person, husband, father etc. I remember Cooper being the first to reach out to Khizr Khan after Trump got into a fight with him and it was a terrific interview. Learned a great deal about his son.

It helps that Cooper is also really great at interviewing sensitive topics with victims. Dude can channel Diane Sawyer.

Why would Amazon move from a place with an obscene cost of living to another place with an obscene cost of living?

Most of the places in the running seem to be cheaper areas.

kirblar

Not sure I understand this comment, but agree that its dumb.
Just like LA has Hollywood, NYC has Wall Street. They have a gigantic multi-billion dollar industries geographically centered there.

It's a dumb stunt for a pitch for a place that will never consider you because you don't have enough room for what it wants (a big HQ in the burbs.)

Why would Amazon move from a place with an obscene cost of living to another place with an obscene cost of living?

Most of the places in the running seem to be cheaper areas.

Amazon sees their downtown Seattle campus as a recruiting tool. The other giant tech companies have suburban campuses. So if you are a hotshot programmer and you don't want to deal with long commutes and urban sprawl, Amazon is a strong option. Amazon sells recruits a lifestyle where they can live downtown and walk a few blocks to work.

I'd imagine that Amazon will have a similar view moving forwards.

Teggy

When she calls him father her name is Melania, but when she calls him Trump her name is... Something. Trumps last wish was to become president, so if Melania's next wishes aren't granted than the price to pay will be the weight of the entire USA.

Idontgetthatreference.gif

chadskin

A staffer at the National Security Council drafted a statement of condolence for President Donald Trump to make almost immediately after a deadly incident involving U.S. soldiers in Niger earlier this month.

But Trump never issued the statement, and, some two weeks later, is now in hot water over his initial silence on the soldiers’ deaths and alleged controversial comments he made to a widow of one of the dead.

The draft statement, a copy of which was seen by POLITICO on Wednesday, was put together on Oct. 5 and reads as follows:

“Melania and I are heartbroken at the news that three U.S. service members were killed in Niger on October 4 while providing guidance and assistance to Nigerien security force counter-terror operations. We offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of these brave American soldiers and patriots. They will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

"We are also praying for the two U.S. service members who were injured in the incident. We wish them a complete and swift recovery.

"The heroic Americans who lost their lives yesterday did so defending our freedom and fighting violent extremism in Niger. Our administration and our entire nation are deeply grateful for their sacrifice, for their service, and for their patriotism.”

The statement was circulated among NSC officials as well as Defense Department officials. But it was never released, and it was not immediately clear why.

NSC spokesman Michael Anton declined to comment. The NSC staffer who wrote the original draft hung up on a POLITICO reporter who called to ask about it.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/18/trump-niger-condolence-statement-243917

kirblar

Amazon sees their downtown Seattle campus as a recruiting tool. The other giant tech companies have suburban campuses. So if you are a hotshot programmer and you don't want to deal with long commutes and urban sprawl, Amazon is a strong option. Amazon sells recruits a lifestyle where they can live downtown and walk a few blocks to work.

I'd imagine that Amazon will have a similar view moving forwards.
The issue is that it's unlikely they'll want to be risking the same issues they encountered in Seattle: https://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/9/8/16271870/amazon-hq2-seattle

It turns out that everyone puts the HQ in the suburbs for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom