• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Obama's Victory Lap and Smoking Hopium in Internet Dens

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2cf6zat.gif

beermonkey@tehbias said:
That's the way to play it. Chicago style.

Every time they hit Obama, he needs to hit back harder. Incessantly.

Dems don't need any more pussies. We all know how well that worked for guys like Dukakis and Kerry.
Some of the GOP bloggers and columnists were actually calling Obama a whiner for being too forceful or some such shit :lol

What is Joe Lieberman's deal anyway? Isn't he a total liberal on basically every issue besides the military/war? Why is he so hawkish? And how can he support McCain in good conscious knowing the kind of judges he will appoint? And why does he have a leadership position in the senate? And why did Gore pick him as Veep?

Solaros

Dax01 said:
Forgive me for being so vague: the cheetah can use its speed burst for hours.

You are talking about Obama and Clinton I assume, right?

I don't follow this stuff, so is the deadline for one of them having to drop out tomorrow?

Star Power said:
What is Joe Lieberman's deal anyway? Isn't he a total liberal on basically every issue besides the military/war? Why is he so hawkish? And how can he support McCain in good conscious knowing the kind of judges he will appoint? And why does he have a leadership position in the senate? And why did Gore pick him as Veep?
He's in over his head because the Dem needs him for a majority caucus.

For now.

Kevtones

Obama came into my local ice cream joint this weekend, FUCKING SURREAL :lol

He also endorsed Dennis Dixon as the best player of the college football season (2007)

PhatSaqs

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Some of the GOP bloggers and columnists were actually calling Obama a whiner for being too forceful or some such shit :lol
"I only tried to slap you, why'd you shoot me?" :lol

Solaros said:
You are talking about Obama and Clinton I assume, right?

I don't follow this stuff, so is the deadline for one of them having to drop out tomorrow?
You asked how fast a thread like this will move during a primary night. I compared it to a speed that of a cheetah.

TDG

Banned
Yay new thread!

I always want to jump into predictions, but I'm always too superstitious. Oh well. :(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
titiklabingapat said:

ha ha They have no fucking clue what to do with Obama. None.

Cheebs

bob_arctor said:
Gore and Kerry ignored attacks and absorbed them. Obama yells right back at them, which is very new for a democrat. The GOP is not used to that at all.

TDG

Banned
bob_arctor said:
The Repubs seem baffled by Obama. For one thing, with the Dems looking to make McCain into Dubya lapdog, which looks like it should be an effective strategy, the republicans have responded by... having McCain defend Bush's dumbfuck comments and having the two appear together at rallies.

Plus, the G.O.P. attack machine is used to dealing with people like Kerry who try to ignore attacks in the hopes that they will go away. Now, faced with someone who's hitting back, they're baffled.

Of course, it's early, but it's certainly looking good so far.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Cheebs said:
Gore and Kerry ignored attacks and absorbed them. Obama yells right back at them, which is very new for a democrat. The GOP is not used to that at all.

Their trademark style of attacks seem to be failing as well. The recent GOP losses in Missisippi--didn't the GOP there try to tie the Dems to Obama in ads and such? And McCain's silly appeaser bit only seems to be helping Obama by both tying McCain to Bush and showing Obama's ability to strike back strongly and decisively, dispelling one of the labels thrown at him by the GOP: that he is too weak to be a leader.

Or how about Obama's "Lay off my wife" bit? Calling them out is the way to do it. It's like taking their ammo away after only one shot.

my official predictions:

Kentucky (my state) --

Overall:
Clinton - 65%
Obama - 31%
Other - 4%

Delegates:
Clinton - 33
Obama - 18

PopVote:
Clinton +100K

Oregon --

Overall:
Clinton - 41%
Obama - 59%

Delegates:
Clinton - 20
Obama - 32

PopVote:
Obama +90K

TDG

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
New name: Barack Black Eagle.

:lol
I like it.

Man, I have a few relatives who are partially native american and are anti-Obama, I bet they'd think differently of him if they heard what he's saying.

the disgruntled gamer said:
I like it.

Man, I have a few relatives who are partially native american and are anti-Obama, I bet they'd think differently of him if they heard what he's saying.
"We will never be able to undo the wrongs that have been done to you."

Very interesting speech. Much different than the usual. This is a native american speech.

Very good, reminds me why Democrats ROCK and why OBAMA rocks.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Florida_showdown.html

Ben Smith confirms she'll be in Florida, but not that she'll be on the same stage as Obama.

My take - they both are all like 'unity in florida! we need florida dems, please dont hate us! on may 31, we'll seat some of your delegates and let your votes count and we love you please dont hate us'

hell, maybe they'll announce the florida deal about seating delegates that both sides have agreed on.

Things it WON'T BE
(in all likelihood please don't quote me if i'm wrong)
Hillary dropping out/conceding/joint ticket announcement/etc

another thought -- they may not be on the same stage, but sharing the 'stage' in florida, instead of letting obama have florida all to himself.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Dolphin said:
Seems like it, she probably wants to leave on a high note--might make 2012 seem more viable.

I'm hoping this is the case but it's hard to forget the stubbornness of the Clintons.

Dolphin

Banned
belvedere said:
I'm hoping this is the case but it's hard to forget the stubbornness of the Clintons.
You're right, it's much more likely that she'll drag herself right into the ground without ever letting go. No sarcasm intended.

Star Power said:
Liberman is more Likud party that Dem or Rep it seems. (Likud is the hardline conservative party in Israel.)

Gore picked him in attempts of having a holy-roller in order to get rid of some of the spooge-stink from the Bill/Monica BJ.

sangreal

They are both going to be in Florida; I don't think he meant literally sharing the stage, but who knows

As long as its not an Obama/Clinton announcement I don't really care

woeds

So GAF, what are the chances of a Gore endorsement on Wednesday in Florida? Obama said he 'gave' Michigan the Edwards scoop, so Florida should be next. And next Wednesday he'll have the most pledged delegates, so it will be 'safe' for Gore to endorse.

kkaabboomm said:
another thought -- they may not be on the same stage, but sharing the 'stage' in florida, instead of letting obama have florida all to himself.

i win - The Page updated:

"Obama and Clinton both plan to campaign in Florida on Wednesday."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom